What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Penrith

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Had tobe the worst refereeing of a game of rugby league I've seen. Penrith offside all night.
And that's not defensive line speed, that's s metre offside all night.
Our half combination was poor, because Panthers offside.
That referee should be relegated to linesman.
Despicable and blatant orchestrating of the game.
Heads should be on the block. The Greg Bird incident
has tobe investigated by the NRL.(knees in the face ,no penalty,then he gets taken off, WTF.)
Maybe they could even have a look at the Jack Bird incident too. He copped a knee to the face as well! 😁

kit66

Bench
Yep nobgameplan from Hook, told yas. Injuries and silly HIA calls kept it closer than it needed to be. No chance you make the 8

We took it to your boys and had them rattled and you know what, the rest of the league was watching. Others will follow our lead. Expect some tough games coming up son and the ref won't always be there to get you cheating merkins over the line.

rasaint

Juniors
I have long noted Zac Lomax as a generally unremarkable player who is a good goal kicker ( not great).
His inconsistency from game to game and genuine dash is a criticism I have. I wish we had a good second goal kicker and then try Tautau Moga ( yes an injury risk but a big fast dangerous centre). In fairness, Zac has occasionally made a sublime jumping catch, slipped away backhand passes for try’s and run a good line.
Agree with Mickey Lane on Amone. I’ve been waiting since last year to see the something special that others see. He has a good right foot step and is strong but doesn’t have that aura about him like a few of the prodigious young players in other teams. Anyway, life goes on and a good effort tonight.

BLM01

First Grade
Shit calls by the Ref. We only just lost this game therefore remove countless wrong calls and we win this game.

Amone looked a bit lost as 5/8. Doesnt know what to do with the ball. When is Sullivan back? Surely we give him a run at 5/8??
Too early, give him time. He laid on a good soft hands pass to Sua which was a positive
I said he is already a well marked man and other teams know his right foot step
he is not overplaying his hand yet
people expect miracles that young players can just walk into NRL and play well every week
That is the reason we cant have the 3 rookies out there together running the team just yet

Missed the game, just watching the replay now. Glad I didn't watch it live cos I could have potentially had an aneurysm from yelling at Sutton and the F*x Sp*rts "commentary" team. The Su'a sin-binning was the biggest load of shite ever and just shows how much the NRL loves to back (or should I say piggy-back?) a favourite. How Dylan Edwards avoids a sin-binning for the knee in the face is beyond me. And then we lose Bird. Where's the consistency? Let alone the justice.

Poor hands and some soft defense at the back end of the first half cost us but credit to them for sticking to the task and holding Penriff scoreless in the second half. Sutton will probably have his pay docked for that.

Lomax was a bit ordinary and maybe should have a week in KOE to think about it. Su'a, Molo, Lawrie, JdB & Bird all impressive. Amone, Suli and Kerr improving. IMO, Hunt and Mbye should be sharing the hooking role with Sullivan joining Amone in the halves and Hunt providing some relief when Mbye is at dummy half.

Dragon David

First Grade
I have long noted Zac Lomax as a generally unremarkable player who is a good goal kicker ( not great).
His inconsistency from game to game and genuine dash is a criticism I have. I wish we had a good second goal kicker and then try Tautau Moga ( yes an injury risk but a big fast dangerous centre). In fairness, Zac has occasionally made a sublime jumping catch, slipped away backhand passes for try’s and run a good line.
Agree with Mickey Lane on Amone. I’ve been waiting since last year to see the something special that others see. He has a good right foot step and is strong but doesn’t have that aura about him like a few of the prodigious young players in other teams. Anyway, life goes on and a good effort tonight.
I'm genuinely concerned about Amone. He is not in my list of a good 5/8th I'm afraid to say - maybe in time. His overall standard of play currently is not first grade quality in my opinion and he and Hunt do not compliment each other.