What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Penrith

Old Timer

Coach
The beloved grandson is a fanatical Dragons supporter and his mate Ben fanatical Penrith and they are going to the game and will be on the hill with some of you guys.

Beloved grandson has told Ben that the experience on the KJO hill is like no other and convinced him to suck up the atmosphere and enjoy the crowd experience.

Ben’s a good kid and looking forward to being part of it

Hopefully you guys look after them and make sure they have a good time and lots of friendly banter.

Hard to believe where the years have gone since he was that little boy scoring the try in the news reel footage on fans day just before the 2010 GF.

This time next year we will be having a couple at the TAJ before the game can’t wait.

kit66

Bench
They aren't. The Panthers are at the peak of their powers and are riding the crest of glory. The fans that liked or hated Hook when he was there are just here to give their wisdom. It will take nothing short of a miracle for Saints to win tomorrow. For me the game is more about honoring Norm Provan the right way.

Hoping for a great game of footy.

Yeah mate, I was just being cheeky. Just a cheap shot at the smug panthers. ;)

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Just want an even break from the officials. No obvious forward pass tries, no offsides from charge downs being allowed, no players tackled without the ball while supporting Hunt, no touch judges raising the flag when the long kick does NOT touch the sideline, no holding down endlessly without penalty. As for the commentators and their bias calls, I can at least mute the tv.

qld redvee

Juniors
Just want the players to put in for the whole game and play with some ticker ... I just hope simms plays like hes auditioning for a SOO ( I suppose he has to perform for storm if rumours are true) Another week building combinations . This is a big game to see how we perform against a top team so I just hope no stupid plays by us.
More importantly do it for sticks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and show what wearing the big red vee means ............
Go the mighties ....
And I hope everyone that is going enjoys the game pity its a 6 oclock start for you

ALSGI

Bench
Just watched highlights from Aug 21 where they beat us 34-16 in an empty stadium.

Some observations:

Naden scored a double. 1st one was of an intercept thrown by Borey Snoreman after 14mins and we’re attaking their line - should of seen the filthy look Lomax gave him for cutting him out) and Burton had a blinder - both gone.

It was Cleary’s first game back - he’s gone tonight.

Amone sets Bird try up and scores one coming on as 14. Really classy footwork and ball skills.

Lomax flick to Rava to score. Rava saves try in corner like last week but also misses a missile tackle which leads to a try. Fui and Norman miss tackles in the same move as well but started with Rava missed missile.

Beale was well beaten for 2 of Riffs tries - he’s gone.

Bird was FB. He should never start in 1 again unless we’re desperate.

For this game for us no Fui, Burns, Ford, Norman, Beale, Clune (may be more).
For them no Cleary, Leota, Burton, Naden.

We’re a better team than we were in August 21. They’re not.

Tonight we’re at Kogarah sending off Sticks.

It will be closer than people think imo.

ALSGI

Bench
Just watched highlights from Aug 21 where they beat us 34-16 in an empty stadium.

Some observations:

Naden scored a double. 1st one was of an intercept thrown by Borey Snoreman after 14mins and we’re attaking their line - should of seen the filthy look Lomax gave him for cutting him out) and Burton had a blinder - both gone.

Amone sets Bird try up and scores one coming on as 14. Really classy footwork and ball skills.

Lomax flick to Rava to score. Rava saves try in corner like last week but also misses a missile tackle which leads to a try. Fui and Norman miss tackles in the same move as well but started with Rava missed missile.

And we were without HUNT.
We will go close if not win tonight.

Kilkenny

Coach
For the record I think Hook is a far better coach, than he is given credit for . He did pretty well for us in his three seasons (almost) and I don’t share the views of some who seem to take delight in hoping he fails. I hope he succeeds, just not tonight.

kit66

Bench

Some observations:

Nice analysis, I think it'll be close. If our starting props perform the rest of the team thrive.

Kilkenny

Coach

Some observations:

You can add Momorovski and Capewell from our GF starting side.

Crush

Coach
Last week Penrith won the game in the forwards, they were immense. Yes they score their points out wide but the forwards laid the platform. We need to match them in the middle or the game is over. Time to see what our forwards are made of.

Kilkenny

Coach
Do you know if they played us last time in August?
Can’t remember. My 61 year old memory can’t remember who played for us last week, never mind a round in 2021.

We are weaker on paper in 2022 you can’t lose half @ dozen players from your GF winning side, bring in no one of consequence and expect to be better. At full strength I’m sure we will be up there, three, four or more long term injuries we could be back to the pack. That’s just the way it is, the salary cap working the way it should I guess.

kit66

Bench
Kick off at 5pm for us up north in Qld, I'll be sitting in the bloody traffic listening to the ABC call the game.

The boys really need to wrap up the ball in the tackle because Penriths second phase play is killer, it just runs you ragged if you don't stop it at the source - especially Kikau's off-loads and that little bouncing pin ball To'o.

Good luck boys, go hard !

ALSGI

Bench
Sims, Bird want to show their worth.
Burgess/Molo/Sua/Suli proper debut same thing will want to play well.

More I think about this ……. the more money I lose!