What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Penrith

dungay dragon

Juniors
Getting them at the right time .....
Everyone is on them to go back to back after putting the cleaners through Manly at home last week...All the platitudes coming their way , and yes they are the benchmark yet again..
Hoping they are reading all the media and take their eye off the ball this Friday
Will be without Cleary and meeting us at Kogarah on a friday night on an emotional evening where we farewell two Immortals in JR and Norm
Dragons will be fired up , and with all positions in the forward pack on the line , a big performance is on the cards .....

Dragon David

First Grade
Getting them at the right time .....
Everyone is on them to go back to back after putting the cleaners through Manly at home last week...All the platitudes coming their way , and yes they are the benchmark yet again..
Hoping they are reading all the media and take their eye off the ball this Friday
Will be without Cleary and meeting us at Kogarah on a friday night on an emotional evening where we farewell two Immortals in JR and Norm
Dragons will be fired up , and with all positions in the forward pack on the line , a big performance is on the cards .....
That's it DD!

Mojo

Bench
Penrith play a tactical game for territory. They defend like hell when playing in the opposition's 20. We need to turn the tables and hammer them in defence and play the game in their 20. Hunt's game direction and our kicking game will be key to a win.

Dragon David

First Grade
Penrith play a tactical game for territory. They defend like hell when playing in the opposition's 20. We need to turn the tables and hammer them in defence and play the game in their 20. Hunt's game direction and our kicking game will be key to a win.
Our execution of Hooks game plan will be crucial. Hook knows what needs to be done to beat the Panthers it's up to the players to execute to perfection our attack and defence. Few mistakes with dropped balls, penalties, six agains and play in their zone more than ours.

saints4ever

First Grade
Dunno if we can count on a rousing, emotional performance based on past games of significance.

If we cut the errors and have the same aggressive linespeed we showed at the 75th or so minute of the shield, we are a chance.

Don't give them cheap penalties and easy metres, as they are one team that will destroy you for doing it

mickeylane

Bench
I reckon our backs will run over their backs and i say that w confidence...their forward line speed is superior to ours...hence the game plan IMO should be playing it out wide at every opportunity...i cant see Staines holding Ravalawa out and their centres are revolving doors in defence... and not to mention that Hunt has it over their rookie half back so we just need to hold out Kikau and friends up front rolling forward....JDB, Sua, Bird, Burgess, Blocker will be pumped

Smug Panther

First Grade
Our execution of Hooks game plan will be crucial. Hook knows what needs to be done to beat the Panthers it's up to the players to execute to perfection our attack and defence. Few mistakes with dropped balls, penalties, six agains and play in their zone more than ours.
Hook has no gameplans and the Penrith boys are well aware of it

Smug Panther

First Grade
Well I sure as hell hope that he knows how to pick-up the 2 competition points come games end . ( I always wondered how they done that . 🤔 )
We'll you'll have an chance to beat lesser teams with the young talent you have but you won't get near the big boys. Under Hook we'd be down 14-0 most weeks then Moylan, Peach and Carty would just throw the ball around and try jag wins.

BLM01

First Grade
Hook has no gameplans and the Penrith boys are well aware of it
Nor did Cleary in his first stint, could hardly win many games.
Same result at the Tigers
Then you brought him back
Marvellous what the right players hitting their potential and form at the right time do for most average coaches.
Yep you have a good side who many can play. Is that Cleary or those around him

Smug Panther

First Grade
Nor did Cleary in his first stint, could hardly win many games.
Same result at the Tigers
Then you brought him back
Marvellous what the right players hitting their potential and form at the right time do for most average coaches.
I'm not Ivan's biggest fan but this is the first time in his whole career he wasn't rebuilding a side

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Unfortunately the Panthers have had a 8 game turn around for this one whilst weve had 6....doesnt sound much but a 2 game swing is huge these days.....lets hope our blokes get some points up early

BLM01

First Grade
I'm not Ivan's biggest fan but this is the first time in his whole career he wasn't rebuilding a side
Correct and Hook walked into a side of Gus's overpaid recruits and then had to try and guide some of the young stars with this mix. Not saying Hook is a mastermind coach either..but
If my memory serves me correctly Gus overpaid for players like Merrin, Tamou, Hardaker, Hiku trying to build the side and got Peter Wallace back in his twilight years. Few others he brought escape my mind but their some hacks in his recruitment (similar to what has been at the Dragons)

By the time Hook came your star kids were getting close to ripe for picking which he did.
Some kids were shown the door by Gus along the way. Moylan?..smart move
Cant blame Hook, or can you about crediting how Penrith was travelling towards a top 4 side in 17/18.
He has his flaws, but he might of learned a thing or 2 from the Pennies experience.
Hook has not proven anything at the Dragons yet, but most supporters are seeing some light from what we had which also happened at Penrith.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Correct and Hook walked into a side of Gus's overpaid recruits and then had to try and guide some of the young stars with this mix. Not saying Hook is a mastermind coach either..but
If my memory serves me correctly Gus overpaid for players like Merrin, Tamou, Hardaker, Hiku trying to build the side and got Peter Wallace back in his twilight years. Few others he brought escape my mind but their some hacks in his recruitmwnt (similar to the Dragons)
By the time Hook came tyour star kids were getting close to ripe for picking which he did.
Some kids were shown the door by Gus along the way. Moylan?..smart move
Cant blame Hook, or can you about crediting how Penrith was travelling towards a top 4 side in 17/18.
He has his flaws, but he might of learned a thing or 2 from the Pennies experience.
Hook has not proven anything at the Dragons yet, but most supporters are seeing some light from what we had.
Merrin was fantastic and Wallace was excellent at 9.
Moylan was winning games for fun weekly before Hook got rid of him.
Anyways this will be my last post until about 8pm Friday 😀

BLM01

First Grade
Merrin was fantastic and Wallace was excellent at 9.
Moylan was winning games for fun weekly before Hook got rid of him.
Anyways this will be my last post until about 8pm Friday 😀
Hook got rid of him did he?.
Thats is fine, I will leave my return serve post until Friday 8.00pm Sept 30

Latest posts