What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 - Sharks vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 30th July 5:30pm @PointsBet Stadium

handyman2190

Bench
Every time they run the Alex Johnston promo on fox i cant stop the tears, ive got to get a copy i dont care what it costs

Steenson123

Juniors
Up Up Malaka had absolutely no business winning this.
Errors were critical and dumb. Some are unheard of. Plus Walker needs to punt high to the corner instead of gifting opponents possession with soft kicks.
Mitchell has three attempts and fails each time. Uncharacteristic of him.
Kudos to Tatola and most of the forwards, they played strong.
Tom B should not have been dismissed its not a swinging arm to the face/head.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Yeah plenty of whinging on the socials, pretty even game all round, Cody and Lachies 5th tackle plays left abit to be desired. Forwards played well, Tom well can’t blame him for that last tackle, he got us into perfect position the run prior.

Not too concerned with we went toe to toe for 90mins with a top 4 side, the loss to bulldogs/tigers hurts more then these ones. Onto next week!

callmack1

Staff member
I'm hurting. That one just absolutely rips my heart out. God that hurts! We dominated that game in so many areas against a top 4 team at their home ground and got pipped by one point. That's about as heartbreaking as it gets in Footy.

At the same time, I'm also so frickin frustrated and angry because I really feel that once again, we shot ourselves in the foot. We lost that, rather than the Sharks winning it in my opinion. It was there for the taking and could have easily been a different story, but we didn't ice it.

Why did we not go left more in that second half?!! It's stupidity! Absolute stupidity. Forget golden point, not using the left in the second half is the biggest reason why we lost in my opinion. We have one of the best left sides in the game and we barely use it? We do ineffective crash balls and keep going right. WHAT THE F**K IS DOING? It's inexcusable and really poor.

I'm coming hard here for Latrell too. Firstly, I just want to say I absolutely love the bloke, but he needs to be held accountable for his performance tonight. A complete lack of effort and interest for the whole 87 minutes. This was a big game, and he is one of the best players in the game, so we needed him to stand up. But what does he do? He sits out there on the left and, apart from being in the right place at the right time for his try, does sweet f**k all. Probably only touched the ball about four or five times that whole second half. Not even any tough carries. If you're playing center, it's your job to come in and do some work, but no, Trell just sits out there waiting for the glory to come to him and instead, the game slips further away. Look at what Tass did compared to him. No such efforts from our superstar who is apparently supposed to stand up in the big games.

Not only that but he misses three f**king field goals and fails to ice the game. I guess it's easy for us to sit here and criticise him, but we pay him to ice those moments and he failed three times! The first one in particular should have gone over. Those are usually the moments he lives for. Just goes to show you where he was at in this game.

Now, I feel terrible for saying all this about Trell because he is one of my favourite players and I love him to bits. He is a once in a generation player. However, that does not mean he is exempt from criticism. In my opinion tonight, he deserves it. I'm not blaming him for the loss, it was a pretty poor performance from our whole spine, but I just think a superstar like him putting in an effort like that in a big game is an absolute f**king disgrace.

Same goes for Cody. Another shocker in a big game and he did nothing when we really needed him to stand up.

Hats off to the entire forward pack. All of them. They were magnificent and did everything they could to win. Really took it to the Sharks and got right on top of them. It's just a real shame our spine and the backs let them down.

I'm just a bag full of negative emotions right now and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So gutted, so angry, so frustrated, so heartbroken. I'm sure I'll look back on this and be proud once the dust settles but right now, I don't want to hear the comments like "we did really well against a Premiership contender." We should have won, it's as simple as that. We didn't due to our own stupidity. I don't know about you but that's really tough to take in a big game when the story could have been so different.

God I'm hurting.

truthslayer

Juniors
The press conference by COACH JD was piss poor, illias, walker were just terrible, they cost us the match ,cook was not much better , they were in slow motion with the clearance to slow and hardly built any pressure on the 4th tackle plays. The forwards were pretty good, tom not the best but did get us into a chance for field goal which Mitchell missed , his goal kicking etc leaves a lot to be desired. Walker again giving away stupid penalty’s and this has to stop. WHEN Cartwright went off nikorima comes on not the answer him and Lachlan illias the dwarfs left to diffuse a bomb,FAIL. CAMERON Murray had a big miss on fifta but should of been shut down earlier. THE forwards did enough to give the halfs chances no kicks in goal . Illias is not as good as the hype hardly took on the line and general kicking pathetic. You have a lot of work to do coach and get the balance right. Tatola, Arrow ,Ffita , Koolamatangi and havili and Murray outstanding , and Davy Moale was good also.
This year when the going gets tough walker goes missing. And the ref was weak also.

callmack1

Staff member

BWNB

First Grade
Cronulla are overrated. Yes they have some potency if allowed but they also have players such as Fifita, Graham, and other slowing aged forwards in their squad. Overrated is Up Up Malaka.
😅this aged well. Considering the favourable calls your mob got to really should have won.

big hit!

Bench
Disappointing the halves didn't take control of that game.

Souths forwards consistently won the arm wrestle in the second half and the team didn't convert. Also, how about going to the left more often when you have Trell in the centres out there?

Game was lost like it has been all season - errors. Paulo's dropped ball was a big moment. That was unforgivable really. No pressure at all. Just lost concentration. How hard is it to be focused for 90 mins? They held out for a couple of sets but Nicho was able to get repeat sets and put the screws on when it mattered. Outcome were Cronulla tries.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We won’t make the top 4. Best we can hope is top 6. Cody and Lachy didn’t gel last night or take control. We can’t have our halfback tackled 3 times on tackle 6 without kicking either. Both Cody and Lachy very poor last night.

Now Campbell out another couple of weeks, Trell has to go back to Fullback so I guess Milne comes back in.

callmack1

Staff member
I watched the replay and gotta say, I am feeling a little better about things. I said last night, I didn't want to hear any comments like "we did well to go with a top side." But I now take that back.

Fact of the matter is, we didn't just push them all the way, we dominated them for the most part. It was our own errors, our own stupid shit, our own inability to ice the moments that let us down. We all know, and I think even Sharks fans would admit, we should have bet them. We could have bet them.

I know we didn't and that is bloody heartbreaking. While it does still hurt, I do take confidence and know that we can compete with anyone. We just have to get this stupid shit out of our game and take the opportunities on offer.

We basically played without a spine last night as they were all poor but look at where we still got to! No way our spine collectively plays that bad again surely. No way Trell has that little involvement again surely.

Plenty to work on and top four becomes so much harder but I still think we can do this! As some have said, we're in this comp up to our eyeballs!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
That call 53mins in last night was a disgrace Tolman knocked on and Fifita picks it up in an offside position it’s a blatant penalty to us at 14 all.

Cook was a chicken wing tackle on him 46th min near halfway but no penalty.

We got no penalty from the 12th-87th min. Have the lost penalties 6 of last 7 weeks but apparently Souths get all the calls!!!

BWNB

First Grade
That call 53mins in last night was a disgrace Tolman knocked on and Fifita picks it up in an offside position it’s a blatant penalty to us at 14 all.

Cook was a chicken wing tackle on him 46th min near halfway but no penalty.

We got no penalty from the 12th-87th min. Have the lost penalties 6 of last 7 weeks but apparently Souths get all the calls!!!

Was it as bad as the knock on call that lead to the first try in the second half?

Latest posts