What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Cowboys

justadragon

Bench
this game should put a full stop to Bird ever being a back again, we have the worst attacking sets in the league and our defense gets cut to ribbons when the team is under pressure, we can hold for a while but then the flood gates open, we got nothing out of Amone today and Hunt is in desperate need of help, looked shagged today. Why was Sloan given 10 min, what was that ever going to do for him. This WHOLE club needs a cleanout not just the assistant coaches. Embarrassing we were on national TV.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I think Jack Bird is slower than Macca now with his shot knees. Gets beaten for speed all the time. Might need to turn him into FRF.

I'm not sure what FRF (Front Row Forward?....baaaahhhhh, we already have one bitch tits in the FRF that cant bend the line, Birdie would make him look like an SOO player) seriously I think his best position is LRO (left right out).

Whoever it was that decided to extend him on the decent coin should take his spot in the team instead and get smashed week in week out for the next 5 games.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Did we really expect anything more ? We are a poor team with a poor coach and a heap of poor players ..... I'm not disappointed as I have said many times before , I have been accustomed to this over the last 7 years or so ..... Don't know what the solution is as I can't see where it's going to come from .....

justadragon

Bench
we just play such a slow boring style of footy, its way behind what it should be in todays NRL, but then of course we will hear hook say the Cowboys were very good. We lack speed and we lack punch, I'm sure there are more astute people at the Dragons who can see what wins games in the NRL, it must have been so embarrassing for some of the players who were in attendance as players of the century. God forbid what they would be thinking.

Dragon David

First Grade
What on earth does Hook do at half time? Dragons have scored 1 try, in the 78th minute, in the last 3 or 4 games. His half time speeches are the worst thing that happens on game day!
When he is shown talking to the players at half time, he has his back to the camera and we think that he is giving the guys the good words when you see his jaw moving up and down but it is not talk but him chewing on his gum.😆

No in all seriousness, he tells them a nursery rhyme so that they are nearly half asleep when they go back on for the second half.😏

But in reality, he is just a waste of space just like the other imposters we had in the last 10 years.

The club never learns. They are so bad in identifying fakes and Hook is a beauty.

dannyt

Coach
When he is shown talking to the players at half time, he has his back to the camera and we think that he is giving the guys the good words when you see his jaw moving up and down but it is not talk but him chewing on his gum.😆

No in all seriousness, he tells them a nursery rhyme so that they are nearly half asleep when they go back on for the second half.😏

But in reality, he is just a waste of space just like the other imposters we had in the last 10 years.

The club never learns. They are so bad in identifying fakes and Hook is a beauty.
Hook doesn't need a nursery rhyme- his normal speech will put anyone to sleep.

I disagree with regarding identifying fakes. They are superb at it, as evidenced by every coach from 2012 on.

Can't even blame the ref for the eye-watering, lacklustre $hite the lads served up today.
Defense around the ruck 1/10
Game management 1/10
Look how quickly the Cowboys defensive line moved up and snuffed out our half-speed "backline moves". They're shaking hands with the second receiver before he gets the ball. And they weren't (mostly) off-side - they're just quick, enthusiastic and well-coached. And that's three things you could never accuse our lot of.
As for Hook - Bud gets 2 minutes at the death vs Manly, Sloane gets 10 minutes today when the game is gone. What incentive is there for these guys to train and play hard in KoE when they're not in the frame for First Grade anyway?
Two years, he's had and there's been no improvement. Time to move on.

Dragon David

First Grade
Can't even blame the ref for the eye-watering, lacklustre $hite the lads served up today.
Defense around the ruck 1/10
Game management 1/10
Look how quickly the Cowboys defensive line moved up and snuffed out our half-speed "backline moves". They're shaking hands with the second receiver before he gets the ball. And they weren't (mostly) off-side - they're just quick, enthusiastic and well-coached. And that's three things you could never accuse our lot of.
As for Hook - Bud gets 2 minutes at the death vs Manly, Sloane gets 10 minutes today when the game is gone. What incentive is there for these guys to train and play hard in KoE when they're not in the frame for First Grade anyway?
Two years, he's had and there's been no improvement. Time to move on.
Agreed, wholeheartedly NOB. We need someone who can identify and attract the right players for our positions all across the paddock. We definitely need bigger, robust and hard hitting impact forwards and we need players with speed and a brain.

Dragon David

First Grade
Bird should have been taken off when he came out of the line to let in a try and read the riot act, secondly the club should see if another club wants him if we pay half his contract. Woods should be told he won’t play again this season and that’s just for starters.
Hewi, you started your post right in that "Bird should have been taken off when he came out". Yes, taken out and off before kick off.

jeffdragon

Bench
The ball Bird dropped from Faegai,absolute rubbish.
As I said earlier there one was in the defensive line ,what game are the coaches watching they couldn't spot it.
I spotted it from the Hill.
Put a kick behind the line.
Then in the 2nd halfl.they had their left winger in the line and not back and on the last they put a kick up to the opposite side.
But the dopey coaches and players can't spot it.
They might as well not be involved in the game because they are so fcking stupid too recognise any of this.

Latest posts