What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Cowboys

blacksafake

First Grade
Now I’m not blaming him but one play today on their last try from Nanai shows how wrong our mentality is.
Sloan was never going to stop the try but I would have liked to have seen some sort of effort play such as trying to knock the ball out or pushing the player with hopes of him dropping the ball.

We really only have four players in Hunt, Zac, Bird & Ramsey who compete on every play they’re involved in which is why they’re also some of the worse offenders when it comes to mistakes.
But players like these make things happen.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Now I’m not blaming him but one play today on their last try from Nanai shows how wrong our mentality is.
Sloan was never going to stop the try but I would have liked to have seen some sort of effort play such as trying to knock the ball out or pushing the player with hopes of him dropping the ball.

We really only have four players in Hunt, Zac, Bird & Ramsey who compete on every play they’re involved in which is why they’re also some of the worse offenders when it comes to mistakes.
But players like these make things happen.
You've made a really good point here. Though Zac has his brain farts, at least he tries week in/week out. Cant say the same about the others

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Interesting stat off the back of today's loss:

The for-and-against of the Dragons in first halves this year is now exactly zero. Meaning the -124 points differential the club faces has come entirely from second halves.
Not surprised by this stat. The old blokes just fade away. Our team is full of old blokes, and our fitness levels also appear to be low

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
😳 Shock , horror and total surprise at the result ! Well just where do the Dragons go from here ? A team of all - stars being belted week after week against teams who have heart and true ability with coaches who know how to get the very best from their players .

Perhaps the answer is there somewhere ?
Are you saying that the dragons are a Team of all stars?

kit66

Bench
Thankfully I was at a birthday party and missed this debacle.

reality is we don’t have the cattle.

Our coach should hand in his resignation. He simply has no game plan.

Not a lot to be said about that game, the boys did their best which unfortunately isn't good enough to get them to the finals or to beat most teams.
Gourley's Socks and Illusion pointed out an interesting stat and it's primary cause. All our oppositions have to do is hold us for 40 - 60 minutes, til we tire out and then put the foot on the pedal. Old and not particularly fit it would seem. The inability to control the game for long periods didn't help either, nor did our inability to score freaking points when the opportunity is right there.
Another year of failing to make the finals and 2023 doesn't look much better, fmd.

bathtime

Juniors
What on earth does Hook do at half time? Dragons have scored 1 try, in the 78th minute, in the last 3 or 4 games. His half time speeches are the worst thing that happens on game day!
I'm not sure what Hook says but have a clear memory of 2010 going to loo at half time Roosters ahead. I had a zen moment over the urinal "Clint will say something" He did. But that was a great team

Gareth67

First Grade
Are you saying that the dragons are a Team of all stars?
Merely satire my friend , many of our boys are unfortunately in the twilight of their careers .

Once a big name at another club many years back , however we all age - even rugby league players. Their bodies can only do so much and it’s about time that our movers and shakers in the Dragon’s boardroom realize that and in future sign quality players whom still have plenty of seasons in them .

dannyt

Coach
Not sure that’s how it played out. From memory we let Robson go to keep McInnes and he then walked for a better offer at the Sharks so we were left somewhat bereft and Macca filled a gap.
Chain of events from memory:

1. McGregor played McInnes as hooker for virtually 80 minutes every week: No doubt McInnes was whole-hearted and tackled everything that moved, but was never creative.
2. Robson either playing reggies or getting splinters sitting on the bench.
3. Robson left.
4. McGregor sacked.
5. McInnes didn't want to stay after McGregor left.
6. Robson is now in the mix as the next NSW hooker and showing why a lot of people believed he should have been our starting hooker when he was with us.
7. McInnes is no longer a hooker but a backrower.

McGregor- ruining this club for 20 years.