What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

Kilkenny

Coach
Pages 26-31 covered the 80 minutes of football. Worth reading this five or six pages; it was tough but the medals for most miserable fans went to; couple of quotes, there were lots to pick from, hard to believe we've only lost half a dozen games in two seasons over 40 games or so

Gold: The Realist.

So much for our 'defensive structures'. Made of match sticks.

Silver: Westy Life.

This club is stuffed without a few key players. The systems suck and the coach is a fraud.

Bronze: Smug Panther.
Hate sounding like a broken record but did Luai play?

WestyLife

First Grade
Pages 26-31 covered the 80 minutes of football. Worth reading this five or six pages; it was tough but the medals for most miserable fans went to; couple of quotes, there were lots to pick from, hard to believe we've only lost half a dozen games in two seasons over 40 games or so

It's been proven the club is reliant on a strong top 17 rather than particularly good structures like the Storm and Roosters.

It's weird you are both the most positive person about the club and any criticism is unacceptable yet at the same time if you don't like a player they should be dropped. Can't keep up with you.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade

Luai was shit. You want me to lie?

betcats

Referee
I think when and where you make your errors is more important than how many you make. Edwards might be statistically ‘safe’ but when he is not, his errors are diabolical in the context of the game. With the Elite fullbacks you can forgive the extra errors because you just know that they will create more opportunities for their team then for the opposition. Edwards doesn’t really have it in him.

Also Girds89 has been talking about error rates, Edwards vs Staines. So tell me where the error lies in that play off the scrum base at the start of the game?

Statistically that error in pinned on Staines but the true cause as we all know was Edwards who on that play is statistically ‘clean’. Context matters.

I honestly had high hopes for Edwards, he looked phenominal in Rnd 3 against the Storm before his injury.

He has been crap ever since. He hasn’t stood up at all when you’d expect a seasoned player to. He is also the opposite of clutch when things get tough.

He is obviously a super hard worker and much liked by staff and other players, but we aren’t paying him to try hard or be pleasant to be around. We are paying him for effectiveness and he just isn’t effective enough for a FB of a team with genuine aspirations for Premierships. His form is simply not improving and it is a huge worry.

I think he would make a useful centre or winger but he isn’t a modern fullback for a team that is serious about building a dynasty. How he was a 5/8 in his junior days I’d never know.

Yep the games without our origin players edwards has been taking wrong option after wrong option. He’s out of his depth when he has to make decisions in attack, it’s ok if we are full strength and have two gun halves playing well but when one or both are out he has not stood up. On top of that if he drops a bomb early his confidence goes and it’s rocks all night after that.

betcats

Referee
I mean, I hope Staines turns out to be a good fullback because it seems our club has backed him - but I'm surprised at how sure many poster are on here that he will be based on what we have seen from him in first grade. He has been average at very best, and that includes his one shot at fullback so far, which was highly overrated by his defenders.

I mean, I hope I am wrong - it wouldn't be the first time, and it won't be the last - but to me Staines hasn't shown anything in first grade to deserve the rabid defenders he gets on here.

He reads the game well and has great speed. I called his game at fb solid that’s not exactly huge praise or overrating it at all.

Here are Johns thoughts on him

betcats

Referee
Watched him where, Ball, Flegg, NSW Cup?

Didn‘t know you went to Junior Rep games, I’ve never noticed too many posts of your impressions from having been to watch our junior rep teams.

I hope he gets a decent crack at fullback, I really do, but these suggestions he is going to be this ball playing fullback and improve our offensive / attacking plays from such skills is just fanciful.

At the end of the day, we want and need the best option playing in this crucial position whoever it may be.

Cup and Flegg(u20s), even caught a couple sg ball games. Plenty of those games are streamed via the internet. if you want to check my post history go for it, you will see me talking about Staines, Laurie, Burton in particular well before they touched first grade(out of our recent young prospects). FTR I was talking about Tago this year before he got a first grade contract when he was not on anyones(here) radar, you can check that too.

I disagree with it being fanciful i think that is a f**king ridiculous statement, you are just down talking the kid cause you love Edwards and we moved on Mansour for staines so you have been down talking staines all season long. He is very good passer of the ball and he has good vision. He might not have the slight of hand of a true ball player but he is miles ahead of Edwards already passing the ball.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
Cup and Flegg(u20s), even caught a couple sg ball games. Plenty of those games are streamed via the internet. if you want to check my post history go for it, you will see me talking about Staines, Laurie, Burton in particular well before they touched first grade(out of our recent young prospects). FTR I was talking about Tago this year before he got a first grade contract when he was not on anyones(here) radar, you can check that too.

I disagree with it being fanciful i think that is a f**king ridiculous statement, you are just down talking the kid cause you love Edwards and we moved on Mansour for staines so you have been down talking staines all season long. He is very good passer of the ball and he has good vision. He might not have the slight of hand of a true ball player but he is miles ahead of Edwards already passing the ball.

You and franklin are how I heard about Staines, Laurie and Tago pre debut.

betcats

Referee
You and franklin are how I heard about Staines, Laurie and Tago pre debut.

Thanks, I kind of look a tool talking about who i noticed in the juniors but it bothers me someone who posts here so much could doubt that I saw Charlie in the lower grades after I said it. Ive been an asshole here plenty of times but ive never just made shit up like that, that is not how I roll.

Kilkenny

Coach

As usual your full of shit. Any references to juniors coming thru just what you read from others including me. Most recent case in point Turuva. You've got a few fooled, but for the most part you are just a forum bully with a highly inflated opinion of your own worth. Keep throwing out the foul language for dramatic effect too, it’s what you do.

betcats

Referee
As usual your full of shit. Any references to juniors coming thru just what you read from others including me. Most recent case in point Turuva. You've got a few fooled, but for the most part you are just a forum bully with a highly inflated opinion of your own worth. Keep throwing out the foul language for dramatic effect too, it’s what you do.

Ohh poor litlle Kilkenny getting bullied again, you are biggest f**king sook. Check my post you delusional old f**kwit. Any grown man talking about being bullied because someone disagrees with him is a sad sack of shit, I honestly find you really pathetic.

betcats

Referee
Mick Ennis on Edwards being exposed:

It left Michael Ennis wondering whether now was time to give Crichton, who will miss this week’s clash with the Roosters with suspension, a shot at fullback ahead of Dylan Edwards, in order to help Luai test the opposition.

“Dylan Edwards ran for over 100m but they missed the punch to start their sets,” Ennis told the Big League Wrap.

“Charlie Staines had just four runs and made no inroads. The concern for their creativity is when you move Jarome Luai, who’s their X-Factor, brilliance and unpredictability into the No. 7 jersey, he’s left feeling like he has to steer the side around.

“He lost that spark. When you’ve got Nathan and Isaah Yeo to control the opposition defence like they do, you can have Dylan Edwards as that effort player.

“But when you don’t have Nathan and Yeo and Luai needed more help. I felt like Dylan Edwards in among the loss of Yeo and Nathan, I think he’s been exposed for his lack of creativity.

“I won’t ever question his effort but he lacks creativity and I think if Nathan continues to be out then I wouldn’t mind Stephen Crichton take up that Joseph Manu role and move into fullback.

“He’s so dangerous and he brings unpredictability.”

Kilkenny

Coach
Ohh poor litlle Kilkenny getting bullied again, you are biggest f**king sook. Check my post you delusional old f**kwit. Any grown man talking about being bullied because someone disagrees with him is a sad sack of shit, I honestly find you really pathetic.
Betcats the talent scout. Getting under your skin am I. Maybe I’ll like a couple of your posts, make you feel better, calm you down a little.

betcats

Referee
Betcats the talent scout. Getting under your skin am I. Maybe I’ll like a couple of your posts, make you feel better, calm you down a little.

You are getting under everyones skin with your constant playing the victim and now pulling people up for their language when you swear yourself. Do you know what a hypocrite is? If not check the mirror and you will work it out eventually, senile old fool.

Kilkenny

Coach
You are getting under everyones skin with your constant playing the victim and now pulling people up for their language when you swear yourself. Do you know what a hypocrite is? If not check the mirror and you will work it out eventually, senile old fool.
I’m not a victim, your abusive rubbish, doesn’t concern me in the slightest It just says a lot about the sort of person you are.