What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v The Northern Beaches Scum

franklin2323

Immortal
If Maloney has 4 injuries right now he should be rested. His form is terrible and it's better for the team to give him say 2 or 3 weeks off and come back at much higher standard going into the finals then it is to have him struggle through the season hoping it comes good.

We need him at 100% for the finals. A fit May is going to be better than an injured Maloney. And a rested and healthy Maloney will be an improvement on a busted one also.

Gus said he will be fine in a few weeks regardless. I guess we see

franklin2323

Immortal
I suspect that is why Ivan was fired and the Cleary gamily would have to realise that Ivan was the one in the wrong not Gus. Not necessarily in the wrong but I'm sure my point is clear.

Ivan not wanting to use the kids was his main reason to going imo.

franklin2323

Immortal
:joy::joy: 2015 round 26. We played off for last place. Clear it was a fail

Currently we sit 5th. We have to see where we sit after the season to see if it was a fail

franklin2323

Immortal
I suspect that is why Ivan was fired and the Cleary gamily would have to realise that Ivan was the one in the wrong not Gus. Not necessarily in the wrong but I'm sure my point is clear.

That was a telling sign. You don't payout a coach on one thing alone though. So it was several things

OldPanther

Coach
That was a telling sign. You don't payout a coach on one thing alone though. So it was several things

Yeah that's reasonable.
That is all I am saying. How we finish the year shows if this was a good decision or not

I always wanted the club to wait for Griffin to serve his 3 years before re-signing to assess. If he went well they could extend if not see what else is available.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah that's reasonable.

I always wanted the club to wait for Griffin to serve his 3 years before re-signing to assess. If he went well they could extend if not see what else is available.

100%.

Extending his contract was premature.

There was absolutely no valid reason to extend his contract when they did, never has been able to understand that decision.

TheFrog

Coach
Then he would have been re-signed around the time of the Dragons match, when we were leading the comp.

mxlegend99

Referee
Gus also said, they followed the game plan harder. You need to read both tweets, not be selective.
Hmmm. Which tweet ended up being true?

Seems like he's reading his mind too, which I alluded to earlier.
He's a f**king terrific mind reader.

Well MX, in amongst your many talents appears to be the ability to read Gus's mind, so you can ignore the words and superimpose some other meaning based on your inside knowledge of what he really mean't.

Others think he meant they lifted intensity, or, in my case, that they started to move the ball more and target the edges. Thanks for letting us know what he really mean't was they improved when they just made it up as they went along.
I guess I am a terrific mind reader also.

Although not really. I just read Gus tweet like everyone else. He truly was mocking the coach with his second tweet and managed to disguise it as look supportive to some.

Never doubt @Panther_Daz

mxlegend99

Referee
That is very true.

From the news I have been receiving I thought thought Gus' tweets were quite clearly sneaky attacks on Hook.

Gus does not like Griffin. Mark my words on that.
He's really great with the words he chooses as someone else mentioned. Can look totally innocent and actually be kind of mean.

Prefer him to pick his words carefully then blatantly lie.

Pomoz

Bench
Hmmm. Which tweet ended up being true?

He's a f**king terrific mind reader.

I guess I am a terrific mind reader also.

Although not really. I just read Gus tweet like everyone else. He truly was mocking the coach with his second tweet and managed to disguise it as look supportive to some.

Never doubt @Panther_Daz
Well there you go, there was subtext to his tweet. I don't apologise for reading english and interpreting it as it is written, unless of course you have the benefit of inside information like Daz. Even a broken clock is right twice a day Mx.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well there you go, there was subtext to his tweet. I don't apologise for reading english and interpreting it as it is written, unless of course you have the benefit of inside information like Daz. Even a broken clock is right twice a day Mx.
Thats the spirit. You'll get one right eventually.

We all had the benefit of inside info. You chose to ignore a credible source.

betcats

Referee
Thats the spirit. You'll get one right eventually.

We all had the benefit of inside info. You chose to ignore a credible source.

We had things that we heard from Daz. We had big pete the broncos fan give a detailed explanation of how hook had not changed one bit since his Brisbane days including examples of the similarities. We had the Moylan blow up. We had hooks tactics being openly questioned and criticised by many credible rugby league commentators including former panthers players.

Our best run of form this year was when Maloney told the coach how we were going to play after Cleary got injured, he said that. I mean there was so ,much indicating it wasn't going to end well for hook.

OldPanther

Coach
We had things that we heard from Daz. We had big pete the broncos fan give a detailed explanation of how hook had not changed one bit since his Brisbane days including examples of the similarities. We had the Moylan blow up. We had hooks tactics being openly questioned and criticised by many credible rugby league commentators including former panthers players.

Our best run of form this year was when Maloney told the coach how we were going to play after Cleary got injured, he said that. I mean there was so ,much indicating it wasn't going to end well for hook.

When your 5/8 coaches better than your head coach there's issues.

mxlegend99

Referee
When your 5/8 coaches better than your head coach there's issues.
He has been coached by Bellamy, Cleary, Robinson and Flanno. Would have picked up a thing or two along the way.

I hope we see players going back to what was natural for them. Genuine attacking footy. Might take a bit for things to click. But we have a couple of easier games to figure it out.

OldPanther

Coach
Amazing. Talk about truth being stranger than fiction.

It really is.

He has been coached by Bellamy, Cleary, Robinson and Flanno. Would have picked up a thing or two along the way.

I hope we see players going back to what was natural for them. Genuine attacking footy. Might take a bit for things to click. But we have a couple of easier games to figure it out.

I sure hope so. We have a top 4 roster that can almost win the comp ignoring the coach.