What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 - The Roosters

betcats

Referee
Yeah ive been harsh in my criticism of Api(and I stand by it) but I think he would be feeling terrible about letting the team down, his defence alone is a huge help. Him and Yeo will make a big difference to our middle play on both sides.

Re the left side with Burton in the halves, put Tago at centre and Naden outside him for the entire game we are desperate for some attack and Tago has that knack of making things happen he has great instincts.

Defence is obviously important but Naden isnt known for his great defence so we wont lose much with Tago defending there instead of Naden. As important as defence is you still need to score points to win games. If we put one try on Melbourne early yesterday before it got out to 24 nil and its a different game, we had our chances and came up empty early on.

Fangs

Coach
I wouldn't put too much hope in Api being useful. What he did, I doubt his mind will be fully on the job.

Was this unravelling before it hit the papers? He was in elite form just prior to it hitting the headlines.

I think he will bounce back well tbh.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah ive been harsh in my criticism of Api(and I stand by it) but I think he would be feeling terrible about letting the team down, his defence alone is a huge help. Him and Yeo will make a big difference to our middle play on both sides.

Re the left side with Burton in the halves, put Tago at centre and Naden outside him for the entire game we are desperate for some attack and Tago has that knack of making things happen he has great instincts.

Defence is obviously important but Naden isnt known for his great defence so we wont lose much with Tago defending there instead of Naden. As important as defence is you still need to score points to win games. If we put one try on Melbourne early yesterday before it got out to 24 nil and its a different game, we had our chances and came up empty early on.
In Theory in a fortnight Burton is there for the rest of the season so it won't matter but only takes an injury or something and we are after a centre again. Timing is good for a run with Tago there.

Left is his normal side too. The key was that set when we got the turn over and went into touch. To be a chance we had to take chances early. Big in's this week will help

The_Frog

First Grade
Roosters big out JWH suspended 1 game .he is a cheap shot merchant not having him there is great
Does anyone know when JFH started his 14 day quarintine
JWH is pleading not guilty and will go to the judiciary he has had a lot of luck getting out of charges before
There wasn't much in it. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off again.

forby

Juniors
As the commentators said - every other game that was a penalty! Black and white according to the rules!
Why does Melbourne always get the 50/50 calls?

League guru

Juniors
As the commentators said - every other game that was a penalty! Black and white according to the rules!
Why does Melbourne always get the 50/50 calls
They don't get all the 50/50 calls. You need to point a bit of the blame at Luai & Kikau who were both ordinary.

Whino

Bench
Was this unravelling before it hit the papers? He was in elite form just prior to it hitting the headlines.

I think he will bounce back well tbh.

I don't really know.
Some players that have personal problems at home sometimes they go off their game for a bit. I hope that is not the case here.
I guess we will find out this weekend.

Whino

Bench
Buzzard Breath said back last time we played the Chooks, our round 22 clash would mean more.
He is spot on.

Girds89

Bench
That is not relevant. What is relevant is that Kaufusi stopped in the line.
Yeah i totally get the rules. I understand it is technically a no try but imo it was a good call.

Kikau milked it cause he knew we were stuffed. Kafusi barely touched him and tries to avoid him..i promise if he tried to run through kikau was still taking a dive!!

Defenders are exploiting the rules cause 95% of the time they just call it a penalty.. but we were never stopping storm there.

Imo if players intentionally dive to milk the obstruction than it should be play on. Kikau couldve easily easily avoided him and in fact shouldve been sliding diagonally backwards as the ball was alreasdy past him and hes not quick enough to move laterally to stop it.

Too many tries this year have been disallowed where the defending team has no chance of ever ever stopping it yet a defender will go out of their way to make contact with a lead runner because thry know the teams stuffed

maple_69

Bench
You can’t pick Rennings on the wing and you can’t pick Naden at centre. I’d be keen to see Falls get a run but Ivan won’t do it. Api and Yeo should help Luai out. Hopgood earned a couple games for fitness if nothing else. He can definitely contribute if required.

Edwards, Naden, Tago, Momo, Staines, Burton, Luai, Leota, Api, Martin, Kikau, Capewell, Yeo, TPJ, Sorenson, Hopgood, Kenny

WestyLife

First Grade
Since we're all doing it.

1. Staines
2. May
3. Tago
4. Momirovski
5. Naden
6. Luai
7. Burton
8. Leota
9. Api
10 Martin
11. Capewell
12. Sorensen
13. Eisenhuth

14. Kenny
15. Leniu
16. Kikau
17. TPJ

Could give Kikau a stint in the middle maybe? I don't know something has to change for him he is up and down. I'd remove Kenny but might need hooker cover.

murraymob

First Grade
no
Since we're all doing it.

1. Staines
2. May
3. Tago
4. Momirovski
5. Naden
6. Luai
7. Burton
8. Leota
9. Api
10 Martin
11. Capewell
12. Sorensen
13. Eisenhuth

14. Kenny
15. Leniu
16. Kikau
17. TPJ

Could give Kikau a stint in the middle maybe? I don't know something has to change for him he is up and down. I'd remove Kenny but might need hooker cover.
Yeo he is playing

1. Dylan Edwards
2. Brent Naden
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Paul Momorovski
5. Taylan May
6. Jerome Luai
7. Matt Burton (Swap roles....Give Burton the reins...let Jerome play his natural game)
8. Moses Leota
9. Api Koroisou
10. Liam Martin
11. Bill Kikau
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Mitch Kenny
15. Scott Sorenson
16. TPJ
17. Izack Tago

18. Spencer Leniu
19. Charlie Staines
20. Jermaine Hopgood
21. Jaemon Salmon

That'd be my 21.
Agree in theory with Burton playing half but have we ever seen him pass to his right? That side of the field will get limited ball.

Dyl
Taylan
Tago
Burton
Naden
Luai
Falls
Leota
Api
Sorensen
Martin
Capes
Yeo

Lenui
Kiks
Tpj
Kenny

Id love to see lenui kiks and tpj on all at once. Would be extremley hard to handle and lots of impact.

Now critta out tago needs to play centre. Him and taylan have a fantastic combo and looked brilliant playing same side in reggies.. they tore teams apart.

Kiks i think needs to be benched. He might be trying harder but some of his defence has been piss weak..if i see him do another shirt grab he can get dropped all together. The amount of times he ends up not at marker and just on the ground out of the ruck blows my mind. Grant and cheese can easily exploit one marker. Kikau needs to get back at marker!!!

Falls deserves a shot. The luai burton experiment just hasnt worked. Burton isnt an organiser and hes looked really uncomfortable in that role. I think we a need to at least try falls before the finals and see how he goes with luai in case nath reinjures the shoulder.

Burton has also been at his best at centre and has been really good in attack there. He really straightens up the attack with brilliant hole running when he wears the 3 jumper.

I think sorensen deserves a start. Hes been brilliant. He can do the hard stuff whilst jwh is on the field than bring on the inpact players and have them target sam walker non stop..

Martin to start in the 2nd row where i yhink hes definitley been his best this year. He has such good leg speed and drive that when he plays wider he often can get one on one with a defender a get really really wuick play the balls to get us momentum. He has still been strong at prop but he cant get isolated and his play the balls have been much slower.
I like this side but if JWH inevitably gets off his charge then we are a bit light up front. I would swap Sorensen (who has been amazing) and Lenui for the first 20 mins.

Latest posts