What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Souths

innsaneink

Referee
GRANT . . . GRANT . . . .GRANT !!!!

The positives:
* Is fast. very effin fast.
* wants to run through tackles.
* Has a massive reach
* Has a massive stride
* Is very tall
* Has good hands
* Is the boss's son
* Is very effin fast.
* Is potentially a superstar compared to Reddy

The negatives:
* No NRL experience
* Has a common Christian name.
* His dad wasn't called "Rocket" in his playing days
* He would make Gus Gould say "WOW" again and again.
Grant is the new Mitch Brown...Sheens doesnt give him the time of day

macnaz

Staff member
Grant is the new Mitch Brown...Sheens doesnt give him the time of day

Havnt we had a few players like Brown , that no matter what they acheive the fonz will never give them a fair go :(

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
I've been hearing Ayshford, Marshall and Moltzen are all in serious doubt. Benji is being rested until tomorrow. If he fails the fitness test he'll sit out this weekends match.

We're clinging onto eighth, should we just take a risk, and rest a heap of players, get them fresh and make a late charge into the finals?

f**k it !!! i hope their all out !!

Is it just me who happened to get excited about seeing some new players might finally get a go because of a serious injury crisis ? And then getting depressed when players like Moistzen will play ? WE dont deserve to be anywhere near the 8 or having a crack at the premiership except perhaps Ellis and Farah , the rest are kidding themselves if they think in some way they deserve a shot . They have this BS in their heads that they can throw up dogshit all year to their paying supporters and just have a run to the semis at the years end and all is good. Well looks as though the league gods and injury may have put an end to that stupid mentality they have.

Last edited:

Matchball

Bench
f**k it !!! i hope their all out !!

Is it just me who got excited about seeing some new players might finally getting a go because of a serious injury crisis ? And then getting depressed when players like Moistzen will play ? WE dont deserve to be anywhere near the 8 or having a crack at the premiership except perhaps Ellis and Farah , the rest are kidding themselves if they think in some way they deserve a shot . They have this BS in their heads that they can throw up dogshit all year to their paying supporters and just have a run to the semis at the years end and all is good. Well looks as though the league gods and injury may put an end to that stupid menatality they have.

I feel the same way.
Id be happy to also rest farah and see what happens. Maybe someone can make a name for themselves and send moltzen out.

moller

Juniors
I've been hearing Ayshford, Marshall and Moltzen are all in serious doubt. Benji is being rested until tomorrow. If he fails the fitness test he'll sit out this weekends match.

We're clinging onto eighth, should we just take a risk, and rest a heap of players, get them fresh and make a late charge into the finals?

Not sure re: Benji, but the other two told me themselves that they'll be playing.
Could have been taking the piss I suppose, but I don't see why they would bother.

I assume we'll have to wait until Sunday to see the makeup of the team however, from the team shown on the Game Plan and lets assume they have been given a heads up by West Tigers :sarcasm: To me, it highlights how out of touch Sheens is, my thinking;

Why name Moltzen at 1? Surely Sheens has seen how Ryan goes at 1.
Why name Marshall at 7? when the team is crying out for a 6 who can take control. If he really wants Moltzen in the team, surely he can play him at 7, Marshall at 6 and leave Ryan at 1.

The Game Plan had Reddy on the wing, again if they have been given heads up, it indicates that Sheens, is not about to give a newbe a run on the wing:eek:.

Forgot to say.

Marshall is apparently OK to play, however, he was in doubt because of a toe injury. Is it on his kicking foot? If yes,
What's the backup plan?
Is there a backup plan?

Why not Meaney?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think the team on the game plan was much to go on.

All they did was take the named team and essentially leave blank spaces next to the positions that have been vacated due to the publicly reported absences due to injury of Sironen, Lawrence and Murdoch Masila.

There is no way Reddy stays on the wing, he'll be at centre, Utai on one wing, need to find another winger.

We don't have enough quality forwards depth to shift Fulton into the backline.

Wacko Jacko

Juniors
I am most likely wrong but Moltzen is likely to play both Ayshford and Lawrence wont play with Reddy to replace Lawrence and Koroibete to replace Ayshford, Ryan to Centre. Farah will be in halves with Benji with Isofeda to start at hooker, Humble will replace BMM on bench and will come on in halves when Isofeda goes off with Farah to move to hooker

Wacko, are you trying to guess what Sheens will do ?

Right up his (Sheens) alley to have 1 guy start in the half and then move him to 9 when the starting 9 needs a break.

When we arm chair selectors who know zip, would start and end the game with the same no 9, gee, Farah might go well there ;-). Plus, start and end the game with the same no 7, be it Humble or Moltzen.

Still worried about Moltzen and the bombs that Sutton is going to put up and Crocker is going to follow and smash. It could get ugly :pray:

Feckenhell.

According todays Mercury Meaney comes in on the wing,humble to 5/8,Never Reddy is in the centres,while
the bench consists of Moors,Iosefa,Bell,Cashmere and Grant 18th man

macnaz

Staff member
Lol Meaney on wing FMD. altho he will hold his own he isnt a f**king winger
Guess it fits the Sheens plan of a slow winger and also the standard plan to play someone out of position.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Wacko, are you trying to guess what Sheens will do ?

Right up his (Sheens) alley to have 1 guy start in the half and then move him to 9 when the starting 9 needs a break.

When we arm chair selectors who know zip, would start and end the game with the same no 9, gee, Farah might go well there ;-). Plus, start and end the game with the same no 7, be it Humble or Moltzen.

Still worried about Moltzen and the bombs that Sutton is going to put up and Crocker is going to follow and smash. It could get ugly :pray:

Feckenhell.

Moltzen re-signed for 3 seasons is one of the most bizarre decisions Sheens has ever made. The guy has not performed this season

My feeling is that because he has nearly a full strength pack the coach may be willing to risk a rookie or two in the backs.

Is Meaney named because he can kick goals ? covering for Benji's sore toe.It would not surprise me for Grant to start with Meaney moved to the bench forcing Cashmere out altogether.

gronkathon

First Grade
Lol Meaney on wing FMD. altho he will hold his own he isnt a f**king winger
Guess it fits the Sheens plan of a slow winger and also the standard plan to play someone out of position.

How much do you want to bet the poor barstard has to play outside of Spaz Reddy?

N.C.

Juniors
Give it up, ladies. This game is all over. f**k you Sheens. You made it stop being fun...

Your right,he most likely will never see the ball unless the opposition kicks it to him.Reddy is a disgrace, he is riddled with errors that are hived in him from his Parramatta days,accordingly for the good of the WT he should be f##ked off never to be seen again!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I reckon we may see Souths add another big score against the Tigers here.

For the record, here is a list of all Souths win vs Wests, Balmain and Wests Tigers (1908-2012) with a margin of 20+

67 - 67-0 v Wests - 1910
40 - 50-10 v Wests Tigers - 2010
38 - 45-7 v Wests - 1956
37 - 39-2 v Balmain - 1975
36 - 46-10 v Balmain - 1947
35 - 42-7 v Wests - 1908
35 - 39-4 v Balmain - 1956
32 - 38-6 v Wests - 1927
31 - 34-3 v Wests - 1909
31 - 41-10 v Wests - 1998
28 - 35-7 v Balmain - 1938
28 - 32-4 v Balmain - 1996