What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs Bulldogs

chrisD

Coach
McKendry went good, Docker a decent game which is good as we'll need him with Taylor gone. Brown ok, rest of the forwards blah. Segs and Moylan good, Soward disappointing again Smith non existent. A win but not much in it to give faith, dogs were trash.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Whilst the dogs have been terrible, you guys have done the job. Segeyaro and Moylan are your X factor. For your sake hopefully Kite has played his last top grade game for the season.

Kite still has another year to run but we would be best to pay him out and give him the next year off as an early retirement. Although I still think the dogs were very unlucky with the video ref in the first half, we did well to come away with a win with no Wallace and losing ET and Carty. Hopefully that should give the boys some confidence going into the last few rounds and secure us a finals spot.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
1. Moylan3. Whare
6. Soward
9. Segeyaro
12. Cartwright

That is an excellent basis for a team. They were our standouts (Whare excepted, who was average). McKendry much better. Brown looks better when he just scoots straight and direct.

Clocked off like our reserve graders do though. Top teams need to be more ruthless.

betcats

Referee
Yeah Mckendry was good. Besides the kicking game I thought Soward went alright..Moylan ang Seggy did well Docker aswell. Injuries f**k! Lucky we stocked up on backrowers.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Yeah Mckendry was good. Besides the kicking game I thought Soward went alright..Moylan ang Seggy did well Docker aswell. Injuries f**k! Lucky we stocked up on backrowers.

That's the one silver lining; we get to see whether BMM or similar have what it takes.

TheFrog

Coach
Whilst the dogs have been terrible, you guys have done the job. Segeyaro and Moylan are your X factor. For your sake hopefully Kite has played his last top grade game for the season.

Agree Kite was shite. McKendry on the other hand really lifted in this game.

Sime_11

Juniors
Idris looked better tonight, maybe some confidence with Mansour his winger next to him?

happy with the win but seriously we should have kept the doggies to 1 or 2 tries max.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Idris looked better tonight, maybe some confidence with Mansour his winger next to him?

happy with the win but seriously we should have kept the doggies to 1 or 2 tries max.

It was a disappointing way to finish but still very happy to come away with 2 points.

TheFrog

Coach
The Frog's Ratings

Moylan 8
Mansour 7
Idris 7
Whare 5
Simmons 6
Smith 6
Soward 7
Plum 6
Segeyaro 9
Kite 4
Manu 6
Taylor 6
Docker 7
Brown 8
Latimore 7
Cartwright 8
McKendry 8

Big Mick

Referee
Injury report per press conference.

Kite - Pec Injury - May be torn
Cartwright - High ankle sprain
Taylor - ACL gone for year

You'd think logical replacements would be:

Kite --> Grant/Anderson
Cartwright --> Robinson or Idris to backrow with Blake in centre
Taylor --> Yeo

Big Mick

Referee

We had 1 bloke on the bench for 20 minutes. Was bound to happen.

greynurse

Juniors
I am a bit concerned how we couldn't finish them off. Saying that McKendry was awesome his play the balls were so quick . Brown really stepped up when taylor went off.Segs was at his best and welcome back Mansour another forward for sure. Smith played well but that ball to Taylor I know your nervous but to put him under that pressure wasn't great. At least we make Joey and Kent eat there words.

Blues Riff

Bench
I think we were coasting after Moylan's try sealed the game. No need to get bashed up for the sake of it. I'm not too worried about the finish. We dominated the game when it mattered. A Panther fan's gotta be happy with that win.
For this week at least, the trolls and death-riders can EAT SHIT.

martielang

Bench
People are honestly complaining about that win? f**k me, that'll do me. We werent fluent by any stretch of the imagination but given the circumstances, it was an extremely tough display and one to be proud of.

Great debut by Smith, worked himself into the game and you could see him gaining confidence with every touch.

Our whole front row rotation did a cracking job tonight. Against a pack that size, to at least match them up the middle was an awesome effort. Kite included.

Last edited:

MrAnonymous

Bench
Smith got tore up tonight in defense, He's gotta fix that shit if he wants to be a first grader. All those try's at the end were his defensive errors.

Was good to see the old McKendry back tonight, ran hard, hit hard.

Tbh Bulldogs were pretty unlucky if those try's were given it would of been a completely different game, which I think we would of lost. Oh well not complaining.