What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs Bulldogs

TheFrog

Coach
I think we were coasting after Moylan's try sealed the game. No need to get bashed up for the sake of it. I'm not too worried about the finish. We dominated the game when it mattered. A Panther fan's gotta be happy with that win.
For this week at least, the trolls and death-riders can EAT SHIT.

They've certainly been quiet this evening. One can only surmise that it's indeed a shit sandwich on the menu.

maple_69

Bench
We had 1 bloke on the bench for 20 minutes. Was bound to happen.

Maybe it was and while disappointing I m certainly not too concerned given the circumstances. I did see earlier in the week the nrl.com preview pointing out that we've lost 12/18 final quarters. Make that 13/19 now. Something that needs to be addressed before the finals.

On performances, Seg, Soward and Moylan are our guns. Docker, Mckendry, Brown, Mansourand Latimore with good games. I thought Smith went alright for a first game. With Cartwright gone, Moylan is our only other option and we really don't want to shift him at this stage of the season so hopefully Smith continues to improve.

Doomednow

Bench
Good enough in a costly game. Bulldogs were unlucky but the only one I thought was for certain a try was the one where Perrett (?) injured himself, and then I can see why the video ref didn't overturn it. Lost some important players and still managed a narrow win but the Bulldogs didn't look like their usual selves last night, lacking energy and made loads of mistakes.

Smith meh but not too terrible for a first game, I thought. Brent Kite just lol. He starts falling over before he even reaches the defensive line.

How good was Seggy's second try. What a legend. People say we lack these really good star players but I reckon in a couple of seasons if we hang onto our guys we are going to be doing alright in that department.

meek

Juniors
Great effort
proud to be a panther fan
cant belive we won it
pat yourselves on the back lads WELL DONE

martielang

Bench
Smith got tore up tonight in defense, He's gotta fix that shit if he wants to be a first grader. All those try's at the end were his defensive errors.

Smith was cramping badly from the 60th min. Hence the lack of mobility and subsequent defensive misses. I thought other then the last 10 his defence was great. He did have T Rex running at him all night.

Lewis Brown sensational again. Changed the momentum when he came on.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
No they wont. Guarantee it.

It'll be:
- Ref's cost Bulldogs
- You could only win against a Dogs team
- blah blah blah wanker shit.

Who cares? It's only worth discussing the Panthers team with Panther's supporters. Couldn't give a shit what other fans think. Nothing to be worked up about.

Panther Pete

Juniors
No they wont. Guarantee it.

It'll be:
- Ref's cost Bulldogs
- You could only win against a Dogs team
- blah blah blah wanker shit.

There's no doubt they will carry on with that sought of crap. I am just wondering if the two or three trolls that just have popped up on our forum this year give it to all teams or just get off giving it to us?

Doomednow

Bench
The guys which you are talking about are just trying to deal with the fact that their teams are slipping and ours is getting up. It's against the natural order for them.

All just a coping mechanism.

franklin2323

Immortal
He sure was.

That's the Brown we signed from NZ. We need that every week now ET is gone. He rarely misses tackles it's the errors that's been his issue.

I thought Smith got better as the game went on. Difficult game to debut in. Give him a few games & his defence will improve.

maple_69

Bench
Regardless of the team, injuries, ref calls etc, its that type of performance which makes you think we are getting pretty close. Defence was desperate until that last 10 mins, most of the forwards aimed up and the whole team wanted it more when the game was on the line. We haven't had a functioning spine in years and boy does it make a difference in those tight games.

People are honestly complaining about that win? f**k me, that'll do me. We werent fluent by any stretch of the imagination but given the circumstances, it was an extremely tough display and one to be proud of.

Great debut by Smith, worked himself into the game and you could see him gaining confidence with every touch.

Our whole front row rotation did a cracking job tonight. Against a pack that size, to at least match them up the middle was an awesome effort. Kite included.

Well said I was very happy with last night's effort. Injuries are a bummer though.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Regardless of whether you guys have been perceived to have an easy draw, had no Origin reps and are copping the wrath of other teams supporters on here, there is one thing for sure and that is that all the other contenders have now realised that you guys are a danger to any side and that means that you will have to perform as they'll be ready.