What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 vs Bulldogs

chrisD

Coach
Smith and Whare got shredded by Lafai, but that doesn't trouble me as it was the first time they were defending together and Lafai is up there with the best for footwork.

greynurse

Juniors
Smith got tore up tonight in defense, He's gotta fix that shit if he wants to be a first grader. All those try's at the end were his defensive errors.

Was good to see the old McKendry back tonight, ran hard, hit hard.

Tbh Bulldogs were pretty unlucky if those try's were given it would of been a completely different game, which I think we would of lost. Oh well not complaining.

Fair point about Smith's defense but in his defense he has been playing reggies and they do let some tries in when they know its won. He did well for 70 . Ivan will get into atthe video session and hopefully it will be fixed.

franklin2323

Immortal
Kingston, Robinson & Yeo didn't play today as 1st grade needs them. No idea what role Kingston will play being a forward.

Kilkenny

Coach
Kingston, Robinson & Yeo didn't play today as 1st grade needs them. No idea what role Kingston will play being a forward.

BMM, Anderson and Cherrington didn't play either so not exactly sure who was injured and who was rested.

Blake's try, the first was something special, must have beat six or more defenders in his run to the line. Had no right to score but some how did even if defence was great.

Another hat trick for Humble and given no one rates him on here that is interesting given he is a half who is prepared to take the line on. Two of his tries were a direct result of taking the line on and beating defenders. Again defence not great but have to give the kid credit.

Tim Grant gave 100% but it just doesn't seem to be happening for him for one reason or another.

Gus was at the game but didn't see our head coach which is unusual but maybe he went down to SFS to watch Roosters v Dragons. Maybe he was in box in Western Stand.

If Robinson is not injured, as indicated he didn't play today you would think he would come in? If he is injured then it wouldn't surprise me if Ryan Simpkins comes into calculations somewhere. He is a workhorse that is for sure.

The only thing for sure and certain is head coach Cleary has his work cut out getting it right over the next five weeks and we cannot afford any more injuries otherwise it is shaping up 2010 all over again.

GongPanther

Referee
Another hat trick for Humble and given no one rates him on here that is interesting given he is a half who is prepared to take the line on. Two of his tries were a direct result of taking the line on and beating defenders. Again defence not great but have to give the kid credit.

I made an un-named hint last week on who I thought would have taken Wallace's place.

Humble was the player I had in mind as he looks like a player,that if you gave him a chance,he'd make the most of it.

maple_69

Bench
Humble did well for a couple games and then went bog average.
I'd like Anderson, Robinson and BMM to come in. Anderson will bring work rate and Robinson and BMM both add some size and second phase to cover Cartwright.
If we aren't into using Robinson because he's leaving, take the punt on Blake and use Idris off the bench.

chrisD

Coach
One of Anderson or BMM for Kite, Yeo in for Taylor and Robinson to cover if Cartwright isn't fit I'd presume. I'm going to pretend Kingston is an anomaly and not a chance for first grade until he's named.

I'd like Foster to go into the halves for Capewell. He at least is half a prospect, Capewell just no.

Humble's problem is the basics for a half.

TheFrog

Coach
It looks like Kingston might warm the bench and play a bit of backrow.

I've always liked the idea of having a tackling machine or two in the forwards. We are way too soft up the middle.

I feel he could prove very useful for us in the weeks ahead.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It looks like Kingston might warm the bench and play a bit of backrow.

I've always liked the idea of having a tackling machine or two in the forwards. We are way too soft up the middle.

I feel he could prove very useful for us in the weeks ahead.

God no, what a waste of time. If we play Kingston in the backrow, with all the other choices we have there, I'm going to be very, very disappointed in the coach. It's a huge backwards move.