What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Vs the Donkeys

mxlegend99

Referee
This should be our lineup..
1.new dude
2.Too
3.new dude
4.new dude/chricton
5.new dude
6.burton/luai
7.Cleary
8.new dude
9.new dude
10.new dude
11.new dude
12.new dude
13.new dude
14.Jfh
15.kikau
16.Yeo
17.Leotta
18.Spencer
I luv this lineup esp the new dudes
Unless we get Ponga or Turbo. Edwards is probably better than any fullback we can get on the market. His first stint he was easily the worst player in our team and arguably the competition.

But his second stint he has been fantastic. We could do better than him... but he's not close to an issue right now.

Our centres are both useless. Naden is terrible. He has some amazing moments but his defence is terrible, he's just about the dumbest player in the game making BJ Leilua look like a genius and he cant pass to save his life. I think he could be a good winger. But he will still be very rock and diamonds IMO.

Mansour... tries hard. But outside of being an extra forward offers nothing. 1 try for a winger in 15+ games is disgraceful.

Jimmy and Cleary cant both run the team at once... and it's Jimmys team if he's in it.

Hooker. Goddamn 3 options so bad you cant say which one is the worst. Combine the strengths of all 3 and you might get a decent player.

Although fix all our positional issues we still have a team with poor discipline and ball handling. That's up to the coach to fix.

Vicpanther

Juniors
I'm happy to keep Edwards majority of the time he is safe and makes the right decisions. Sure he can't play the ball but he can take catches and his defense is pretty decent.
His cover tackle yesterday was brilliant.

Also love the passion that Spencer came out with. This time next year it will be Regan who..

Abacus

Juniors
I think the real difference between last week and last night was pretty obvious. It's easy to get a team motivated for 3 debutants - unfortunately you can't rely on that every week.

Dave's mate is not a coach's arsehole. Last week's effort should have set the standard for the rest of the season. With a young team like we have, its going to be effort and enthusiasm that gets them over the line as we don't have enough hardened professionals. For mine, the head coach is key to motivating the team to generate said effort and enthusiasm. Dave's mate just comes across as too cool for school and laid back. Someone needs to tell him he's there to get results, not to hang out with his son's mates. But what chance Dave says this to his mate?

Unfortunately we're back to the Elliott years where the committee will believe the coach's drivel and so back the coach to come good - because they won't want to admit they f**ked it up.

martielang

Bench
Naden and Martin were our 2 worst no doubt. The issue is the senior guys don't step up when this happens.

Our squad as a whole will be stronger next year than it would be if we kept Blake and Dallin

Still not sure re; Blake. Even if we were paying slight overs, not sure we find a better replacement. I think his defensive qualities get overlooked too often. Sure his attack is a bit limited but our whole squad has gone backwards & is looking limited this year under Cleary.

Alintheeast

Juniors
I watched the match again this morning along with the press conference. I think Gus put the boot into Ivan in a very nuanced way. There was a lack energy and enthusiasm for 80 minutes by the players but technically(the coaches responsibility) they were never in the match. If anyone watched the Press conference did you get a feeling that Ivan realised he can’t coach this mob or that he can’t coach first graders period.

Maybe we need to take a punt on Jesse Ramien?

some mention of Curtis Scott as well, are the storm looking to offload him?

also Dylan Walker is probably going to be moved on from Manly.

whatever the case the centres need fixing. Job two after hooker.

Abacus

Juniors
Maybe we need to take a punt on Jesse Ramien?

some mention of Curtis Scott as well, are the storm looking to offload him?

also Dylan Walker is probably going to be moved on from Manly.

whatever the case the centres need fixing. Job two after hooker.
A no to Walker from me - happy to consider the other 2 and I think Jack Bird may be deemed surplus at the Broncos so may be an opportunity there.

The longer it goes, I'd be considering Josh Reynolds as a hooker (make it clear to him from the start that he's not a half). He's a runner with an ok halves game (passing, kicking, eyes up) - you're almost guaranteed some dummy half running from him. Also good energy.

A no to Walker from me - happy to consider the other 2 and I think Jack Bird may be deemed surplus at the Broncos so may be an opportunity there.

The longer it goes, I'd be considering Josh Reynolds as a hooker (make it clear to him from the start that he's not a half). He's a runner with an ok halves game (passing, kicking, eyes up) - you're almost guaranteed some dummy half running from him. Also good energy.

Jack Bird is an interesting suggestion, just keep him away from all the fast food options in Penrith.

martielang

Bench
Good call re; Reynolds at Hooker & Bird.

You got to think with Olam, Seve & Scott fighting for the same spot, one of them will go. I’d take any of them. Scott might be the most likely as you think he’d be on significantly more than the other 2.

Abacus

Juniors
Jack Bird is an interesting suggestion, just keep him away from all the fast food options in Penrith.
Or the strength and conditioning team monitor him 2-3 times a week and scale his training regime accordingly. So he can eat as much KFC as he likes as long as he wants to be doing triple training sessions.

Abacus

Juniors
I wouldn’t be looking at bringing in anyone with a history of attitude or injury issues.

Got to spend our available wisely so no big money high risk signings.
Mmm, ever heard of no risk, no reward? Each of the guys nominated will have their current club's paying some freight. Each have something to prove at a new club. Each would increase the current capability of our squad.

I'm not sure I've seen you nominate your preferred targets for 2020.

age.s

First Grade
I like the idea of Reynolds at Hooker but it's hard not to get the impression his body is just done with NRL. Feels like Foran 2.0 which isnt working for the Dogs.

Abacus

Juniors
I like the idea of Reynolds at Hooker but it's hard not to get the impression his body is just done with NRL. Feels like Foran 2.0 which isnt working for the Dogs.
Agree there's some risk but we have Egan & Kenny in the case of injury. Also assuming Tiges are paying some freight so reduces the level of risk.

There's also risk that regardless of who we buy, Dave's mate will have them performing like wooden spooners. Doesn't mean we should not buy anyone.

Mmm, ever heard of no risk, no reward? Each of the guys nominated will have their current club's paying some freight. Each have something to prove at a new club. Each would increase the current capability of our squad.

I'm not sure I've seen you nominate your preferred targets for 2020.

We shouldn’t be closing ourselves off the anyone except the worst offenders. There’s too many guys who have had issues to ignore them. if the club invests time in them they can make it work.

Agree there's some risk but we have Egan & Kenny in the case of injury. Also assuming Tiges are paying some freight so reduces the level of risk.

There's also risk that regardless of who we buy, Dave's mate will have them performing like wooden spooners. Doesn't mean we should not buy anyone.

There was talk of the tigers paying half of his deal to move him. I’d probably prefer Apisai though.

Latest posts