What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 Game Day Thread: Eels v Knights

El Diablo

Post Whore
If u look early in his career the signs were there. His eyes here r saying, I'm gonna f**k para good and hard when my shitty career is overView attachment 14755
C0GEskmUkAAQv8o.jpg

Forty20

First Grade
Ultimately, having chilled out, really our issue was our errors and our application in attack.

We weren't genuinely awful. We were lazy and expected to just turn up and win without doing any hard work and we got stung. We also missed a genuine fullback, Smith was pretty poor and I would hope if French is to miss another game we go for Hoffman.

There are positives. Alvaro was outstanding, 51 tackles with 1 miss and 110m. Brown was beast mode in defence as well, 52 tackles and no misses (and 110m as well).

Get them focused again and we win again. There was enough there to win the game with the right application.

I thought in the handful of times where we held onto the ball we rolled Newcastle up the guts and started to break the line on the edges. The back end of the first half saw us trucking the ball downfield only to then lose all our poise in the red zone. The game was just the definition of frustration.

Kornstar

Coach
That pass from the ground was one of the worst calls I have ever seen........disgraceful!

We were terrible tonight and suffered from our usual issue of playing down to our opposition. We looked at the table and compared our records and played accordingly.

I'm not sure Will Smith should have been binned either, he was on the line and the ball was played and cleared the ruck. What did he do wrong?

Amin Yashed

Juniors
Sorry guys, does Rhyno actually post in the parra forum? He stinks up the Cronulla forum any chance he gets then ignores any comments directed at him.

And El Didribbleo keeps claiming every other user is moffo, poffo & oneney. Those two blokes should start supporting souffs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ultimately, having chilled out, really our issue was our errors and our application in attack.

We weren't genuinely awful. We were lazy and expected to just turn up and win without doing any hard work and we got stung. We also missed a genuine fullback, Smith was pretty poor and I would hope if French is to miss another game we go for Hoffman.

There are positives. Alvaro was outstanding, 51 tackles with 1 miss and 110m. Brown was beast mode in defence as well, 52 tackles and no misses (and 110m as well).

Get them focused again and we win again. There was enough there to win the game with the right application.
One downside is that our attacking strength is quite obviously on the edges, to the point where we only really use the middle when teams cheat out wide and refuse to compress. Unfortunately going to the edges can feel like an easy way to attack, even when going wide isn't really 'on'. It's a habit we tend to fall into, and has led to all our blowouts this year.

Another down side of shifting the ball is that when it's not working it results in a lot of turnovers. With a squad like ours we always need to be patient.

Rhyno

First Grade
Sorry guys, does Rhyno actually post in the parra forum? He stinks up the Cronulla forum any chance he gets then ignores any comments directed at him.

And El Didribbleo keeps claiming every other user is moffo, poffo & oneney. Those two blokes should start supporting souffs.
I ignore your comments because you write 50 comments on my profile a day and I delete them all

You also inbox me about 20times a day I don't wanna waste my time with you

How many alt accounts have you had banned catweasel

Last edited:

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
[QUOTE="Kornstar, post: 12393098, member:
I'm not sure Will Smith should have been binned either, he was on the line and the ball was played and cleared the ruck. What did he do wrong?[/QUOTE]

Was wearing a Parramatta jumper

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not saying Auva'a was any better. He was terrible but at least gave us some go forward at the start of sets.
I thought Auva'a was one of our best in attack. His go forward is brutal. I meant Smith was physically nowhere near the ball when Auva'a fluffed it. He should've been there to clean it up on the bounce.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought in the handful of times where we held onto the ball we rolled Newcastle up the guts and started to break the line on the edges. The back end of the first half saw us trucking the ball downfield only to then lose all our poise in the red zone. The game was just the definition of frustration.
Zero patience. How many times did we even attempt to force a repeat set?

phantom eel

First Grade
Stupid merkins didn't want the top four position available on a platter. Captain Tim has them playing with all the commitment of his best mate on the Gold Coast...

Hope Ba tears it up these soft merkins this week at training, and starts next week with Alvaro and Matagi.

Latest posts