What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 Game Day Thread: Eels v Knights

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
It was disappointing to see we honoured timmy 200th game literally. It looked like they were all concussed and should have been taken to the HIA. Like tim has been for the last 2 years.

Perhaps they talked about timmy too much in the lead up instead of focusing on the team.

Trying to look for a positive but maybe this was the wake up call needed before the finals.

Though pissing away a top 4 spot is completely unacceptable and typifies the weak mentally still at the club

jk13

First Grade
so u reckon it's possible to make perenara competent without dredging up his past failures as a player?

hybrideel

Bench
He was doing it easy off the back of quick play-the-balls though. Our middle was buggered after ten minutes in both halves. We did well to miss so few tackles but just making that many tackles had us fingered.

The Knights' top tackler (Buhrer) made 36 tackles. We had three blokes make over 50.
According to the NRL site we missed 43 tackles, but champion stats has 26. Which to believe

Eelogical

Referee
We're not contenders and I didn't think we were before tonight either. This group should be satisfied with a Top 8 finish though. The way they played tonight they probably are.

Even if we make the Top 4 I don't see us as contenders this season.

HA! Hell, I don't think any Parra supporter saw us as serious legit final 8 contenders leading into this year. We all hoped and expected that would be the case but after the lean years preceding 2017 and all the bullshit that went along with it most of us would have been happy with at least a shot at the 8. And here we now are. A few games shy of the finals and we get bent over by a team with nothing to prove other than trying to avoid the spoon and look forward to their 2018 as a better season for themselves and their fans. I am of the opinion, and I assume there are many who would agree that where we are on the table is an enviable position to be in.

jk13

First Grade
If u look early in his career the signs were there. His eyes here r saying, I'm gonna f**k para good and hard when my shitty career is overimage.jpeg

Chipmunk

Coach
It's certainly possible. I don't think the Dragons or Raiders will get to 30 points, which leaves us in eighth spot.

Certainly possible, but given that Dragons and Raiders also play Panthers then unlikely that two of those three will finish on 30 points. Panthers also play Cowboys and Manly too.

Eelogical

Referee
It was disappointing to see we honoured timmy 200th game literally. It looked like they were all concussed and should have been taken to the HIA. Like tim has been for the last 2 years.

Perhaps they talked about timmy too much in the lead up instead of focusing on the team.

Trying to look for a positive but maybe this was the wake up call needed before the finals.

Though pissing away a top 4 spot is completely unacceptable and typifies the weak mentally still at the club

Relax, It's the concussion round.