What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 Game Day Thread: Eels v Knights

amitropo

Juniors
Don't know what was worse tonight,
The off night from our boys,
The atrocious refereeing or the clueless comments from surrounding fans at the game.
I for the life of me have no idea at how poorly Perenara performs against us. Yes other teams cop it but not like the eels.
There was no animosity towards him will he played with us.
Does anyone have anything?

Chipmunk

Coach
Vave and Terepo only played 33 minutes between them, which was odd.

I'd say Vave got hooked after his woeful performance at the start, or he got injured.

Terepo obviously just given the last 20.

Were essentially getting 2 x 80 min players out of 5 weak.players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd say Vave got hooked after his woeful performance at the start, or he got injured.

Terepo obviously just given the last 20.

Were essentially getting 2 x 80 min players out of 5 weak.players.
They're not weak, we just lack stars in the middle. Even Brown's tackle breaks and metres per carry aren't anything special.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ultimately, having chilled out, really our issue was our errors and our application in attack.

We weren't genuinely awful. We were lazy and expected to just turn up and win without doing any hard work and we got stung. We also missed a genuine fullback, Smith was pretty poor and I would hope if French is to miss another game we go for Hoffman.

There are positives. Alvaro was outstanding, 51 tackles with 1 miss and 110m. Brown was beast mode in defence as well, 52 tackles and no misses (and 110m as well).

Get them focused again and we win again. There was enough there to win the game with the right application.