What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v The Bloody Bulldogs

KingFlanno7

Juniors
You misunderstood me I didn’t take offence I said I AGREE with your summation
Read my first word agree
just was surprised with your username that you would say the truth
Not having a go at all
‘hopefully Flano jnr plays better next week because
king toga is nearly ready for first grade and he is a great talent
Hopefully the is no nepotism
The emotions running high after that one. Brains not all there at the moment, no hate here this is what forums are for. If we all agreed it would be boring as haha

denis preston

First Grade
Mate, Hunt is the general and he's on good dollars. And yet, for all his experience, his output is variable at best, his kicking game a shadow of what Burton, Cleary, Fogarty, DCE etc can produce on a weekly basis. And it's to our detriment.
He also announced his desire to leave the club last year, while in Origin camp. I thought it was a weasel thing to do and I'm not prepared to forgive it or forget it. Sue me.
Someone else mentioned earlier that the team didn't look in sync tonight, and I totally agree. I also think the skipper has a duty to address that in a mature way, rather than sulk or throw his hands in the air.
Apologies if you think that's being a keyboard warrior. Tonight was a big game and emotions run high. For me, it was a disappointment and people who should know and do better didn't.
There's always next week. Hopefully a bounce back.
Fair enough and I agree that as a captain he leaves a lot to be desired but sometimes our criticism of Hunt doesn’t take into account of what quality he has around him. Our roster is very basic.Hard to be a match winner when the opppsition is winning all the territory.

Home now having a quiet drink

Ben Hunt was pressured heavily by the Dogs defence from the start.

Ben didn’t play with a clear head. Passing in traffic as did Sloan with no room for the support player says it all.

No patience. Could have grubbed behind the line which would have kept the defence in two minds.

Many poor kicks. Many dropped balls.

Reality is the Dogs are not too far ahead of us.

Subtract the intercept try and a few of the dubious calls and we would have been beaten but only just beaten.

Had we played at our best, we win.

The challenge for coach Flanno is getting consistency from a rag tag bunch.

The effort was there. Collectively there decision making was poor. The weight of expectation got to them.

56to66

Juniors
same story last 6 or 7 years
Ben Hunt was the worst investment ever, from the beginning,unfortunately Bud Sullivan and Amone were duds, it's too late to do anything at this stage, we have to accept a 500k player earning 1 mil with no respect for St George, he will get his money and ride his donkey into the Sunset, end of career, QLDer and Bronco through and through.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Just saw the Kyle biting incident and I am confident a good lawyer would clear him.
Kyle's head is always on the ground so there is no forward head movement usually associated with a bit.
Crichton pushed his nose into Kyle's mouth with downward pressure.
Kyle is wearing a mouthguard.
For a nose to fit between the bottom teeth and the mouthguard, one's mouth needs to be extended beyond the normal opening position.
Why should Kyle who would have been breathing heavily, not be denied the normal right to close his mouth to the normal position thereby causing a mild bite on Crichton's nose.
Then there is also the high probability the Crichton scrapped his nose against Kyle's bottom teeth without a biting action having taken place.

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
I was there. From reading this thread I’m guessing it must have looked very different on TV and with the commentary perhaps underlining things.

My take was that we played well, or as well as they let us. They were just too good for us. So I’m disappointed to lose, but not disappointed in the effort. Sometimes you just get beat.
The dogs will have some bruises tomorrow,

RedVDave

First Grade
We are insanely painful this year flogged at the gong in front of sold out crowd to beating the best team in the comp at their home ground to getting smacked by our arch rivals in front of a sold out home crowd at kogarah the next week this club does my bloody head in!

56to66

Juniors
Just saw the Kyle biting incident and I am confident a good lawyer would clear him.
Kyle's head is always on the ground so there is no forward head movement usually associated with a bit.
Crichton pushed his nose into Kyle's mouth with downward pressure.
Kyle is wearing a mouthguard.
For a nose to fit between the bottom teeth and the mouthguard, one's mouth needs to be extended beyond the normal opening position.
Why should Kyle who would have been breathing heavily, not be denied the normal right to close his mouth to the normal position thereby causing a mild bite on Crichton's nose.
Then there is
The inbread commentary has already begun, the monkeys are already calling daming evidence, all I see is his head buried in someone's mouth trying to breath, the NRL are complete hypocrites, this bullcrap about cleaning the game, the history of the dogs is a club of viscous dirty play, then piss on there opponents by whinging and complaining. What happens if Kyle Flanagan stops breathing and passes out and goes into cardiac arrest,oh that's OK, that's acceptable, not a dog act?
Cleaning the game what a farce, double standards.
The image below is a true dog act bite JG on B Slater.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240811_002514_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811_002514_Gallery.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Im sure Chrichton wont take it further a) because there was no bite and b) because hes the one in the wrong, I mean its not a headbutt because he did it slowly... but who the hell grinds someones head with their own.. I have NFI why he would even choose Kyle mind you.. I cant imagine Kyle is doing any trashtalking, why is a centre acting like that...

Walpole

Juniors
My two cents, without reading everyone else's comments...

We tried hard and some important calls went the other way but unfortunately we weren't good enough to overcome them. The dogs are better than anyone thought they'd be, but so are we. The Dragons can definitely get that 8th finals spot this season and with a few new faces (Cook, Holmes?) maybe there's hope for us yet in the years to come.

While I was very much anti Flanagan to start with, have to admit, he's getting everything he can out of our boys. Go the Dragons and let's finish 2024 in style.