What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Warriors

mxlegend99

Referee
Nobody was going to stop that bloke, didn't like his fend with the elbow, but even without it he was a very big unit running hard, props to Coote for even trying to stop him.

Agreed. But some people think a fullback not being able to stop a 20kg heavier bloke is a strike against their ability.

rem286

Juniors
Hope none of the Mansour haters jump on his bandwagon now. This is his normal game, just with more chances up the opposition end of the field.

I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon yet , if he continues to control his use of the offload and position himself well defensively then i'll happily climb aboard. Then just as I am typing he rushes in to attempt a tackle almost in line the goal posts 15-20m from the line. That is the issue I have with him.

rem286

Juniors
Agreed. But some people think a fullback not being able to stop a 20kg heavier bloke is a strike against their ability.

Not me, he had a good go at him and copped an elbow in the face for his efforts. Can't do any more than that. I just hate when they make no effort at all.

rem286

Juniors
How else do you shut down Hurrell? It has been effective so far.

Certainly not by rushing infield 25 metres to try and tackle the bloke that might pass it to him.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, he has still had a very good game, but it is these errors that hurt his and the Panthers game.

Last edited:

rem286

Juniors
Good performance from the team, happy to get an unexpected win (based on the Warriors start).

Big Mick

Referee
MX....sorry mate...but you of all people talking down a "hater bandwagon" is funny man. Have you read your posts in this thread alone? lol.

Not saying you are wrong...but it is pretty funny.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mate just applying the same standard to Coote that has been applied to Moylan the past month. The shit people have held against him is ridiculous. He is the best fullback at the club at the moment. I think he stops 2 of the 3 tries that Coote could not. But because he is positioned so well, you dont even notice that he has done so.

Coote had some nice long passes today. But his positioning at fullback was pathetic. Need to keep him in the halves and drop Walsh... Not because Walsh offers nothing. But because his future at our club is over. His goalkicking has been exceptional and is possibly the difference in close games. But otherwise i would rather see Moylan vs Coote vs John to partner Soward. If Moylan wins, then we have Roberts or Naiqama keep fullback jersey warm for DWZ. If John or Coote wins, Moylan keeps it warm for him. Moylan is our best fullback at the moment, but DWZ is our future. So i hope Moylan can prove himself in the halves.

chrisD

Coach
I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon yet , if he continues to control his use of the offload and position himself well defensively then i'll happily climb aboard. Then just as I am typing he rushes in to attempt a tackle almost in line the goal posts 15-20m from the line. That is the issue I have with him.

The f**k are you on about? The times he came in he wasn't just overlapped 2 to 1 it was 3 to 1 and his offload has always been a weapon that has never lead to mistakes since he's been in first grade.

Walsh choked yet again with a chance to close the game. Can't wait for the peaheart myth to be gone. Coote was horrible at fullback, he just doesn't show the heart he used to

MrAnonymous

Bench
Coote was f**king awful.
Hopefully he never plays fullback again. Would rather play him in the halves if we have to play him.
What happened to segaryro ?
Didn't see him much at all.

Big Mick

Referee
Mate just applying the same standard to Coote that has been applied to Moylan the past month. The shit people have held against him is ridiculous. He is the best fullback at the club at the moment. I think he stops 2 of the 3 tries that Coote could not. But because he is positioned so well, you dont even notice that he has done so.

Coote had some nice long passes today. But his positioning at fullback was pathetic. Need to keep him in the halves and drop Walsh... Not because Walsh offers nothing. But because his future at our club is over. His goalkicking has been exceptional and is possibly the difference in close games. But otherwise i would rather see Moylan vs Coote vs John to partner Soward. If Moylan wins, then we have Roberts or Naiqama keep fullback jersey warm for DWZ. If John or Coote wins, Moylan keeps it warm for him. Moylan is our best fullback at the moment, but DWZ is our future. So i hope Moylan can prove himself in the halves.

Not disagreeing.

Been saying the same things myself.

murraymob

Coach
just reading the previous comments where there 4 penrith v warriors games on .A lot of people seemed to be watching different games.So i will just put my 2 cents in

Moylan v coote Moylan is a great prospect but has struggled in the last few weeks.Coote at fullback for now

best option for wing Mansour and simmons .Roberts great prospect but needs a few windsor games then considered for first grade

Segs i thought was outstanding the side sparked when he came on

I thought our forwards stood up today big meters fast play the balls was the difference

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan v coote Moylan is a great prospect but has struggled in the last few weeks.Coote at fullback for now.
Name one area that Coote is ahead of Moylan. He was worse defensively then Moylan has ever been. 2 simple errors, non existent in defence. Moylan is the better fullback without a doubt. He has areas to improve, but is still our best at the moment.

Coote looked best when Penrith were attacking and he was throwing long passes IMO. His strengths are as a half, not a fullback.

murraymob

Coach
Name one area that Coote is ahead of Moylan. He was worse defensively then Moylan has ever been. 2 simple errors, non existent in defence. Moylan is the better fullback without a doubt. He has areas to improve, but is still our best at the moment.

Coote looked best when Penrith were attacking and he was throwing long passes IMO. His strengths are as a half, not a fullback.

have you watched any of the last games moylan has missed every 1 on 1 tackle he has attemped .He has been nowhere to be seen on line breaks.I do rate moylan as a talent but his form has been down since the Darwin game.He will get his spot back and competiton for places is what will win us more games

Gotta be taking the piss re Coote, he was horrible at the back. Im a fan and hope he can make it as a 6 but he's days in the 1 are finished

And Cartwright is 100% ready for first grade. He can play the last 15mins of each half next year and his offloading will dominate