What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs Tigers.

Old Timer

Coach
Boy am I ever confident we have learnt from last weeks unbridled soul searching and anger.
I think we will show them our attack is back on song and we will put 7 points on these pretenders.
Nil all with 15 seconds to go in the 1st half and we will hit the front with a FG, we will score a penalty goal 2 minutes after half time and then score in the corner off a fumble by them in the 79th minute.
Just can't predict when they will score their 24 points in the 2nd half but can predict where most of them will be scored and you all know that is right.

Old Timer

Coach
Forgot to mention the selection of captains for the weekend is simply inspirational.
2 of the quietest blokes you would ever see and will ensure our Marcel Marceau way of dealing with shit arse refereeing is continued.
FMD we couldn't even get this part of the puzzle correct.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
This is so depressing. I can't find anything to post. Its just shit. The only interest I have now is in how other teams are going and whether we might snag a new coach in the musical chairs game currently underway.
I would take anyone really.

Hang in there, mate.
Santa Claus is just around the corner.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Forgot to mention the selection of captains for the weekend is simply inspirational.
2 of the quietest blokes you would ever see and will ensure our Marcel Marceau way of dealing with shit arse refereeing is continued.
FMD we couldn't even get this part of the puzzle correct.

Not going to criticise Friz as captain. He deserves a chance.

Not sure why McInnes gets a go. Maybe its a ploy to make him less likely to be sent off.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
McGregor has nothing, no imagination, no solutions, no leadership. This team selection should be the final nail in his coffin. What messages is he sending? Nothing!

If the new CEO whoever he or she might be dares to reward this guy with another contract I will be following the soccer and AFL.

getsmarty

Immortal
preview-pic_round-23_wests-tigers-v-dragons.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Wests Tigers v Dragons: Round 23 preview
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Tue 14 Aug 2018, 04:00 PM

The stage is set - now it is up to the Wests Tigers to show they belong in the top eight. And you can bet your last dollar Leichhardt Oval will be a capacity crowd on Saturday night as the hosts make a bold late charge to play semi-final football.

The Tigers have won four of their past five matches, including an away win over St George Illawarra five weeks ago, to put themselves within one win of the eighth-placed Broncos.

Their opponents meanwhile are in free fall, with the Dragons losing five of their last six games after being the competition leaders heading into round 17.

Buy Tickets
Key match up: Luke Brooks v Ben Hunt. The Tigers' number seven has enjoyed his best season following his brilliant debut versus the Dragons at the Sydney Cricket Ground in 2013. Under-pressure rival playmaker Hunt needs to rise for a number of reasons - chiefly his team's alarming form ahead of the semis next month.

For the Tigers to win: Use the guile and experience of club legends Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah. The premiership-winners in 2005 have been instrumental in their team's recent success and know to keep a steely focus in clutch moments. If the pair fire, the Dragons will struggle to contain them.

For the Dragons to win: Their forward pack needs to wake from their slumber. Jack de Belin, Tyson Frizell and Tariq Sims need to re-discover their early club season and Origin form or Paul McGregor's men will be watching the finals from their lounge rooms.

Tigers Stat Attack: It is no secret Ivan Cleary's men have built their season on defence. They have made the most tackles (7426) and accumulated the most kicks (417). Esan Marsters has been a standout with 45 offloads, while Brooks has 14 line-break assists to his name.

Dragons Stat Attack: Possession has been a highlight, with the Dragons and Cowboys the equal yardstick with 52%. The Red V also lead the standings when it comes to tackle breaks (772). They trail only the Rabbitohs (33,172) when it comes to total run metres (32,874).

And another thing: If the Tigers manage to beat the out-of-sorts Dragons on home soil, they will move to 26 competition points. Tigers fans will be hoping the Rabbitohs topple the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium to set up a frenetic last couple of Telstra Premiership rounds.

Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra Dragons, Saturday 5.30pm at Leichhardt Oval

Team Lists
Backs
  • Fullback for Wests Tigers is number 1 Moses Mbye

Fullback for Dragons is number 1 Matthew Dufty
  • Winger for Wests Tigers is number 2 David Nofoaluma

Winger for Dragons is number 2 Nene Macdonald
  • Centre for Wests Tigers is number 3 Esan Marsters

Centre for Dragons is number 3 Euan Aitken
  • Centre for Wests Tigers is number 4 Mahe Fonua

Centre for Dragons is number 4 Timoteo Lafai
  • Winger for Wests Tigers is number 5 Kevin Naiqama

Winger for Dragons is number 5 Jordan Pereira
  • Five-Eighth for Wests Tigers is number 6 Benji Marshall

Five-Eighth for Dragons is number 6 Kurt Mann
  • Halfback for Wests Tigers is number 7 Luke Brooks

Halfback for Dragons is number 7 Ben Hunt
Forwards
  • Prop for Wests Tigers is number 8 Russell Packer

Prop for Dragons is number 8 James Graham
  • Hooker for Wests Tigers is number 9 Robbie Farah

Hooker for Dragons is number 9 Cameron McInnes
  • Prop for Wests Tigers is number 10 Ben Matulino

Prop for Dragons is number 10 Leeson Ah Mau
  • 2nd Row for Wests Tigers is number 11 Chris Lawrence

2nd Row for Dragons is number 11 Tyson Frizell
  • 2nd Row for Wests Tigers is number 12 Michael Chee-Kam

2nd Row for Dragons is number 12 Tariq Sims
  • Lock for Wests Tigers is number 13 Elijah Taylor

Lock for Dragons is number 13 Jack de Belin
Interchange
  • Interchange for Wests Tigers is number 14 Alex Twal

Interchange for Dragons is number 14 Jeremy Latimore
  • Interchange for Wests Tigers is number 15 Sauaso Sue

Interchange for Dragons is number 15 Jacob Host
  • Interchange for Wests Tigers is number 16 Luke Garner

Interchange for Dragons is number 16 Blake Lawrie
  • Interchange for Wests Tigers is number 17 Matthew Eisenhuth

Interchange for Dragons is number 17 Luciano Leilua
Reserves
  • Reserve for Wests Tigers is number 18 Jacob Liddle

Reserve for Dragons is number 18 Zac Lomax
  • Reserve for Wests Tigers is number 19 Robbie Rochow

Reserve for Dragons is number 19 Jai Field
  • Reserve for Wests Tigers is number 20 Tyson Gamble

Reserve for Dragons is number 20 Hame Sele
  • Reserve for Wests Tigers is number 21 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

Reserve for Dragons is number 21 Darren Nicholls
Wests Tigers Ins
  • Chris Lawrence
  • Mahe Fonua
  • Robbie Rochow
  • Tyson Gamble
Ins
Dragons Ins
  • Darren Nicholls
  • Hame Sele
  • Jacob Host
  • Jai Field
  • Zac Lomax
Wests Tigers Outs

Outs
Dragons Ins
  • Gareth Widdop
Wests Tigers: Mahe Fonua returns from a broken arm in the centres, with Kevin Naiqama shifting to the wing and Malakai Watene-Zelezniak dropping out. Chris Lawrence also returns from injury in the second row with Matt Eisenhuth moving to the bench and Jacob Liddle back to the reserves.

Dragons: With Gareth Widdop (shoulder) out, Kurt Mann starts at five-eighth with Cameron McInnes and Tyson Frizell to share the captaincy. Leeson Ah Mau is named to start with Luciano Leilua on the bench with Jacob Host returning from a shoulder injury on the interchange.

Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra Dragons, Saturday 5.30pm at Leichhardt Oval
Head-to-head: Played 35; Dragons 19 wins, Wests Tigers 16 wins
Previous result: Wests Tigers won 20-16 at Jubilee Oval in round 18
Points per game: Wests Tigers 16; Dragons 22.6
Points conceded per game: Wests Tigers 17.6; Dragons 19.5
Televised: Live on Nine, Fox League

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/08/14/wests-tigers-v-dragons-round-23-preview/

Red V for life

Juniors
Having just seen the team list, I’m not making the same mistake i did last weekend by waiting to have a few beers during the game. This week, I’m going in well plied.

I’ve read posts this week suggesting Graham has invested his time trying to right the ship by talking to the group together as well as individually. If this is true, then why the f**k doesn’t he have the (c) next to his name? Fair dinkum, Mary wouldn’t know leadership if it bit him in the a$$!!

I won’t start on our outside backs coz honestly, what’s the point? I will say I’d much rather Field or Nicholls in at 5/8th than Mann. I want to see Hunt be the dominant half and Mann may hinder that.

Off to check the BWS specials for this week.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Fonua and to a lesser extent Marsters are probably licking their lips.

I figured Mann would be coming in for Widdop. But Lafai needs to go back to ISP (before Aitken). I would prefer Mann in the centres and let a Field come in and play 6.

Interesting to see, we have 4 forwards on the bench for the first time this season.

Como Connection

First Grade
Fonua and to a lesser extent Marsters are probably licking their lips.

I figured Mann would be coming in for Widdop. But Lafai needs to go back to ISP (before Aitken). I would prefer Mann in the centres and let a Field come in and play 6.

Interesting to see, we have 4 forwards on the bench for the first time this season.
Yes it appears at this late stage some of the forwards are weary!
CC

Crush

Coach
Fellow fans, I need your help.
Its only Tuesday and I have already convinced myself that the Dragons will win on Saturday! I honestly believe that we will bounce back to form and smash the Tigers. What's wrong with me!?
How do I see the light?
So here goes, I am predicting that the Dragons put on an absolute display after hitting rock bottom last week and win by 13+
If anyone has any advice on how to get in touch with reality and get out of this permanent fantasy land that Dragons will win the comp please feel free to be direct and tell me to wake the f**kc up!

Latest posts