What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Manly

Girds89

Bench
Very much hope ivan is extremely cautious with any player with niggles.

If true that too is carrying an injury it is braindead playing him..

Same for dylan. There is no excuse for it.

Anyway.. im really excited for tonight to see sommy and soni play well.

Hopefully get the win with no injuries is the main thing.

Nath is due a really big performance over dce and i think he will be fired up.

Iamback

Coach
Very much hope ivan is extremely cautious with any player with niggles.

If true that too is carrying an injury it is braindead playing him..

Same for dylan. There is no excuse for it.

Anyway.. im really excited for tonight to see sommy and soni play well.

Hopefully get the win with no injuries is the main thing.

Nath is due a really big performance over dce and i think he will be fired up.

There wouldn't be a player in the side hell in the comp without a niggle though. Limiting training load helps

Fangs

Coach
Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but panther supporters at the ground may hear a familiar voice over the loud speaker ground announcer is Scott McRae who spent many years as our ground announcer

Haha I'll be right at home.

There are two types of ground announcers. Scotty and the rest.

Iamback

Coach
Ill say again... theres been countless opportunities this year.... when a game has been dead and burried... the other team has had one foot on the bus ready to go home... weve had the interchanges available and ivan still hasnt put him on..

Whether you think he is the best 14 option is a totally different point... at the momemt we run with a 9 and utility... personally id be happy for peach, spencer, smith, salmon and or hosking...

But ivan seems to like a genuine 9 on the bench so i think its highly important to give soni mins when there is clear opportunity to.

You use 4 interchanges on the props.
Keep a change for late in the game.

So as I said in a perfect world he would get a decent run with one of the 3. Depending on how a game goes whether they are used on others is the question.

We haven't had a genuine 9 on the bench during this run

Girds89

Bench
There wouldn't be a player in the side hell in the comp without a niggle though. Limiting training load helps

I dont buy into that..

Its different carrying a bump or bruise into a game..

Carrying a knee strain or shoulder pain is a different thing..

Intense physio for strain injuries can fix them up completely with a 10 to 14 day rest.

Is it worth risking or guys like edwards and too if they are carrying injuries like that??

Absolutely not. Certainly not in the position we are in

Girds89

Bench
You use 4 interchanges on the props.
Keep a change for late in the game.

So as I said in a perfect world he would get a decent run with one of the 3. Depending on how a game goes whether they are used on others is the question.

We haven't had a genuine 9 on the bench during this run

What? Soni has been on the bench the whole time.. hes an out and out 9..

Hes had plenty of opportunities to get more than a chance than what he has... theres been soo many games that its been "perfect world" situation and it hasnt happened...

I mean even the utility in salmon normally just gets the dirt nothing minutss when the game is done...

I understand the interchange numbers and how they work.. but your trying to make some point about the interchange when it hasnt happened like that this year...

Theres been at least half a dozen times when he could've played more but hasnt due to ivan..

He has always been a coach than doesnt do something till his hand is forced in a way...

Iamback

Coach
I dont buy into that..

Its different carrying a bump or bruise into a game..

Carrying a knee strain or shoulder pain is a different thing..

Intense physio for strain injuries can fix them up completely with a 10 to 14 day rest.

Is it worth risking or guys like edwards and too if they are carrying injuries like that??

Absolutely not. Certainly not in the position we are in

We are still a chance of playing week 1 of the finals in NZ.

then a potential match up v Souths or Cows.

So yes atm if they aren't going to hurt it more than you play them. We can rest later

Iamback

Coach
What? Soni has been on the bench the whole time.. hes an out and out 9..

Hes had plenty of opportunities to get more than a chance than what he has... theres been soo many games that its been "perfect world" situation and it hasnt happened...

I mean even the utility in salmon normally just gets the dirt nothing minutss when the game is done...

I understand the interchange numbers and how they work.. but your trying to make some point about the interchange when it hasnt happened like that this year...

Theres been at least half a dozen times when he could've played more but hasnt due to ivan..

He has always been a coach than doesnt do something till his hand is forced in a way...

Because Salmon comes on an edge. Or centre if a back goes off. That is my point with a 9 on the bench, they can only replace 1 person

Girds89

Bench

So yes atm if they aren't going to hurt it more than you play them. We can rest later

Rooster rule has been bang on the money in the past tho and as said in his previous post brians injury could get worse...

I understand its a chance but and injury at this stage of the year to a key player is just as harmful if not more so for the season prospects..

Chins get the wins

First Grade

We would rape NZ by 30 no matter where its played. SJ is a bigger downhill skier than Moses

Girds89

Bench
Because Salmon comes on an edge. Or centre if a back goes off. That is my point with a 9 on the bench, they can only replace 1 person

Salmon has come on at centre once tjia year from memory against souths and it didnt turn out great....

He gets limited mins when the game is done generally.

We basically play with 16 every week

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Salmon has come on at centre once tjia year from memory against souths and it didnt turn out great....

He gets limited mins when the game is done generally.

We basically play with 16 every week
Thats why Peach is our best 14 with 3 forwards. 1 of them being Garner or Hosking

Girds89

Bench
Thats why Peach is our best 14 with 3 forwards. 1 of them being Garner or Hosking
I meant to say we basically play with 15 every week...

Salmon and luke get no time.

But yes... i wanted peach in the 14 before a ball was kicked this year. I think hes the perfect 14.. can cover every position excluding 7, prop..

For me i think our best bench is peach, spence smith hosking