What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 - our last game of pain

rasaint

Juniors
Lovemedragons, I have never accepted the Zac Lomax hype. I have stated that I think he lacks dash and that X factor to be a top line centre. I watched Matt Feagai score the solo power try and thought Zac Lomax could never achieve that dash/ power.

Lomax does produce class touches on occasion, returns hard in traffic, front on defence good and is top line goal kicker. I believe he could make a good lock/ back rower. Add another 5 to 10kg muscle ( his frame and height can carry it) he may well be right in the mix. Ben Creigh mark 2?

Surely with Tariq, McCullough? , McGuire and some lesser paid players leaving, we have a spot for Bud Sullivan…looks sharp at half and cap space for a quality back rower and front rower.

Maddragon99

Juniors
One final thought - as much as Ben Hunt has been criticised of late - myself included , he certainly showed his worth to the team today .

The Dragons were pumped up for a big one , perhaps as a goodbye to their fellow teammates who were leaving the club and therefore put their all into the game .

That helped Hunt weave the magic that he is capable of and played his best game of the season , if not for the entirety of his time with the Big Red V . Well done Benny .
Sure, but consider this, Souths let Reynolds go, invested that money in youth & made the 8, Brisbane signed him & faded out.

The team is bigger than one player, Sullivan is the future.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Sure, but consider this, Souths let Reynolds go, invested that money in youth & made the 8, Brisbane signed him & faded out.

The team is bigger than one player, Sullivan is the future.
Didn't they make the grand final last year with Reynolds though?

2010Dragons

Bench
I watched the highlughts and didn’t notice it at first but the Walters try looked to be a classic double movement.
100% double movement, the ball carrying arm touches the ground.
But when your name is Walters and the media really tried hard to create the Cinderella story for the donkeys to make the eight and the NRL wanted that too for the ratings....the Blunder Bunker turned a blind eye.

blacksafake

First Grade
Reassuring to see both Bud and Sloan front and centre and giving it their all.

They look pretty committed to me...
Agree,
Even on the field they all, Su’a too, join in the celebration of tries etc.
If according to the media their a divided dressing room you’d think they would not have finished the season putting in like they have the last month.

Effort normally hasn’t been a problem, skill & ability has been though.

Yow

Juniors
Agree,
Even on the field they all, Su’a too, join in the celebration of tries etc.
If according to the media their a divided dressing room you’d think they would not have finished the season putting in like they have the last month.

Effort normally hasn’t been a problem, skill & ability has been though.
Not sticking up for Hook but he did say we will get better in the last part of the season

Spazer

Juniors
Our ruck defence is still trash, our players just don't look strong enough to slow things down in the ruck. I actually feel more confident defending our goal line than trying to defend up the field.

On a positive we aren't a bad side. We are on the same tier as raiders imo. We can beat the bottom 8 sides and on our day can potentially upset a couple of the top 8 sides. Still have to develop Hunt and Coric next year but hopefully we'll improve in the middle by then.

Latest posts