What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 - our last game of pain

BLM01

First Grade
Agree,
Even on the field they all, Su’a too, join in the celebration of tries etc.
If according to the media their a divided dressing room you’d think they would not have finished the season putting in like they have the last month.

Effort normally hasn’t been a problem, skill & ability has been though.
Yes those 4 words there "according to the media' is translated by many to gospel and we all know what "media" is these days
The old saying "where there is smoke there is fire" may be a good one but you need to look first who is lighting the fire and who are fanning the flames.

hewi

Bench
Who are you thinking the 2 wingers next year will be?

Feagai is in the bag you would think, the other one his brother a possibility, Sloan if he bulks up or maybe they buy one. Other than Lomax we have no height in the back line and IMO like Moga Rava lacks speed. He has strength in volumes but IMO since he was suspended a couple of times he has not been the same player.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Yes those 4 words there "according to the media' is translated by many to gospel and we all know what "media" is these days
The old saying "where there is smoke there is fire" may be a good one but you need to look first who is lighting the fire and who are fanning the flames.
Yes,… heard comments ….that apparently there was major division in the squad, Saints have put the queue in the rack and won’t win another game. Won all 3 and showed commitment till the end! Well done Dragons!

thebigredv

First Grade
Feagai is in the bag you would think, the other one his brother a possibility, Sloan if he bulks up or maybe they buy one. Other than Lomax we have no height in the back line and IMO like Moga Rava lacks speed. He has strength in volumes but IMO since he was suspended a couple of times he has not been the same player.
Maybe pick up Staines for a wing spot and Rava into the forwards?

I want Rava in the team for the same reason I want Bird and Ramsey in the team. They offer something a little more than hit it up and take the tackle. Not sure you would call it x-factor but at least keep the opposition working overtime.

I agree about speed. Rava, Lomax, Feagai, Moga. None of them possess a lot of it. Hopefully Sloan bulks up a la Ramsey quicksmart.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Well I'm glad that's our season over. I feel less stressed already. I've sent a link of a video of Feagai's try to all the non St George followers I know, with a warning that that's what we'll be doing to their respective sides next year. Time to sit back with a stiff drink and just watch finals footy, without any emotion or care.

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
Our ruck defence is still trash, our players just don't look strong enough to slow things down in the ruck. I actually feel more confident defending our goal line than trying to defend up the field.

On a positive we aren't a bad side. We are on the same tier as raiders imo. We can beat the bottom 8 sides and on our day can potentially upset a couple of the top 8 sides. Still have to develop Hunt and Coric next year but hopefully we'll improve in the middle by then.
spazer
we have to develop a lot of our juniours in order to get the cap sitting better for a marquee type player For some reason we dont seem to be able to bring them through ready its like we dont put enough into them when they need it most I think we need to look at pathways to develop a plan ( knock off penrith bluprint) that will fully develop the young kids so that by the time they are in reserve grade biding their time they are pretty well ready for first grade . this is where we let ourselves down we havent got the system in place

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
spazer
we have to develop a lot of our juniours in order to get the cap sitting better for a marquee type player For some reason we dont seem to be able to bring them through ready its like we dont put enough into them when they need it most I think we need to look at pathways to develop a plan ( knock off penrith bluprint) that will fully develop the young kids so that by the time they are in reserve grade biding their time they are pretty well ready for first grade . this is where we let ourselves down we havent got the system in place
Tbh in most occassions (not all) the only way these kids so to speak will be ready for first grade is to play them in 1st grade....how often have we seen some of them sitting on the bench pulling splinters out of their arse and given token minutes in the ones....issue there is their not playing any footy that weekend.... you can prop up the side with journeymen short term but long term that wont get you up the ladder and be a competitive club for years to come....its only been from memory in the last few games weve seen the introduction of more of the younger brigade playing together.....whilst as you rightly point out qld redvee its important we keep developing but in short its not just having a nursery in place its how they are managed down the track

Dragon David

First Grade
Well I'm glad that's our season over. I feel less stressed already. I've sent a link for a video of Feagai's try to all the non St George followers I know, with a warning that that's what we'll be doing to their respective sides next year. Time to sit back with a stiff drink and just watch finals footy, without any emotion or care.
100% Johnno.