What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Sharks

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
There are different tiers in this league. Sharks are in a tier above the dragons. Was like watching men vs kids today. Too big and too strong. The only way to move up a tier is to sign top quality players or unearth juniors that are superstars giants. How the f**k did this team let little brother Cronulla overtake them and become a better team in every facet of the sport?

Old Timer

Coach
We are a very ugly duckling

Even when we win we are anything but a good looking well drilled side

Our few good wins this season unfortunately give rise to optimism that is not sustainable week in week out.

Some posters are happy with the weeks in some posters pissed off with the weeks out but that is who and what we are.

S F cannot get this team to be a contender only serious roster change can do that and V H & D C whilst valuable are not enough on their own.

They are on the last part of their RL journeys and as well as needing a big experienced forward to bolster them they very much need quality young players to complement them.

Our backs our abysmal in ability and other than Sloan totally pedestrian for pace.

Our halves our abysmal with no semblance of game management and our forwards incapable of making constant dents in the opposition line.

Eisenhuth a lovely chap but slow as a wet week with little lateral ability and C T is looking to avoid the sideline after 5 steps and is basically just a variation on Rava.

Our position on the ladder has improved on 23 but thus far is only on a par with 22 but if people are really honest the obvious flaws in our game are highly evident in all 3 years.

A few higher profile wins is what sustains many in this place and good luck to them but the floggings and lack of care factor by many of the players is what gives many of posters the complete shits and why our posts are often considered negative.

Believe me the wins aren’t lost on us but the horrendous losses cut to the bone.

moes

Bench
How the f**k are we 8th with 2 rounds to go? Amazing, astonishing. 2 wins in origin period, storm win and a couple of wins against the titans, tigers types have us there. Easily the worst roster in the NRL.

Effort A+
Origin period (kissed on the you know what playing Penrith + Brisbane)
Attack structure D
Defence structure
Lomax A
Hunt B-
Sloan C
Sua A
Others anywhere between C and Z

56to66

Juniors
The NRL was the winner today, they have every RL punter watching until the last Round, eyes wide open
Parramatta will win controversially by a 1 point next week.
Donkeys will make the 8, to the delight of the NRLs originals love Childs.
1. Melbourne Superleague
2. Scumulla Superleague
3. Rorters The RL Messiah Mr Gould
4.Riff Superleague
5.BullCheats
6.Manly Ken Arthurson last Stand Savour throw everyone else under the Bus
7.Cowboys- Neutral
8. The Donkeys the original destroyers of RL in Australia.
I hate the NRL, I love Ruby League!

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
now the media are into us, basically calling us chokers and obviously talking up the other teams on 26 pts. Well here it is either win next week or its over. When we play like we did today I really wish we werent in contention, I can just imagine how many people will go off if we dont make it. myself included i will be pissed off if we blow this opportunity.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
The game was lost in the opening 20. We looked horribly out of sync in attack and the repeated dropped ball killed us. The half time score was flattering but we were never going to be able to keep it up after all that possession against us in the opening 20 minutes.

What I don't understand though is even before we run out of petrol, there doesn't appear to be any line speed in defence. Maybe someone else can explain it to me because I assume it has to be a tactic - an actual strategy we are coached - but we seem to advance a couple of steps and then wait for the ballrunner to come to us.

I don't get it but it's been happening all year.

John moz

Juniors
Again we should have played that game at kogarah it was a local derby st george v cronulla. Dragons board and owners need to listen to the fans and members.
Sharks wouldn't play a game outside Sydney for a derby .

jeffdragon

Bench
now the media are into us, basically calling us chokers and obviously talking up the other teams on 26 pts. Well here it is either win next week or its over. When we play like we did today I really wish we werent in contention, I can just imagine how many people will go off if we dont make it. myself included i will be pissed off if we blow this opportunity.
Its one of the perks of following this club.

Crush

Coach
Watching the game from the stands, one thing was abundantly evident, we are a very slow and cumbersome team. Our line speed is so slow.
We have no variety in attack.
The only player that looks likely in attack is Liddle. Luciano also looks like he’s having a crack, trying something other than hit ups.
Tyrell Sloan showed yet again today why he cannot be our fullback anymore. You can put 3 of the tries today directly down to him.
Not that we would have won anyway.
I’d like to admit also that I was wrong about Sharks, they are a much better team than dragons across the park. Speed, strength, power and smarts.
Dragons have had their moments this season but now it’s time to let the real teams do their thing, let the Broncos play finals FFS, at least they’ll have a crack.
Disappointed but not surprised.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well what can one say , a most disappointing result to say the least, in fact damn well disastrous as far as our semi hopes are concerned .

Agree with other members in that we require some truely decent players to get the Big Red V on an even keel with other teams .

As hard as it will be to gain such signings our recruitment must try harder . Forget about the ‘ twilighters ‘ at the end of their careers and go for players in their mid- 20’s . They need to have a plan for the future , say 3 years and recruit accordingly .

Our for and against is what may eventually sink our season , are we to bite our nails and hope that the other candidates loose their remaining matches ?

Let’s pray that the boys are able to rally themselves and win both games . It would be a shame to have seen the light at the end of the tunnel only to have it close upon them .

moes

Bench
Well what can one say , a most disappointing result to say the least, in fact damn well disastrous as far as our semi hopes are concerned .

Agree with other members in that we require some truely decent players to get the Big Red V on an even keel with other teams .

As hard as it will be to gain such signings our recruitment must try harder . Forget about the ‘ twilighters ‘ at the end of their careers and go for players in their mid- 20’s . They need to have a plan for the future , say 3 years and recruit accordingly .

Our for and against is what may eventually sink our season regardless if we are able to win our remaining two matches . Let’s pray that the boys are able to rally themselves and win both games .
Agree but if we win both our games we’re in regardless of other results. Win one and we need a plethora of other unlikely results to go our way
In saying that playing teams 16th and 13th so not insurmountable but can we trust them to win twice against dangerous attacking teams?

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Watching the game from the stands, one thing was abundantly evident, we are a very slow and cumbersome team. Our line speed is so slow.
We have no variety in attack.
The only player that looks likely in attack is Liddle. Luciano also looks like he’s having a crack, trying something other than hit ups.
Tyrell Sloan showed yet again today why he cannot be our fullback anymore. You can put 3 of the tries today directly down to him.
Not that we would have won anyway.
I’d like to admit also that I was wrong about Sharks, they are a much better team than dragons across the park. Speed, strength, power and smarts.
Dragons have had their moments this season but now it’s time to let the real teams do their thing, let the Broncos play finals FFS, at least they’ll have a crack.
Disappointed but not surprised.
Sadly this is reality as we have out performed our true ability this year.
I would give Sloan another tough pre season to see if he can hack it.
I don't know the answer but we have plenty of dead wood that needs to be cut. Surely next year we have enough good experienced players that some young blood be given a chance, other teams seem to be able to do this.
We also need a change of assistant coach's.