What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Storm @ AAMI Park

Fangs

Coach
What are the odds for 3-4 penalties against us in first 10 minutes bearing in mind we are in Melbourne and at least one 10 minutes in the bin.

This feels all too similar to our performances during the first half of 2017. We concede a penalty, a try or make an error and the heads drop.

What a difference if they actually put on the first points for once.

martielang

Bench
We need Maloney back at 6 to be any hope. Even though he hasn't been great recently, we need his experience to be any hope.

Also, I doubt Keighran debuts unless we have been given more room in our Top 30 with Whare and Egan out. If Peachey is also out then maybe.

Keighran has been named in the 21 the last couple of weeks, so i assume he's a part of it now.

I think you rest Maloney if he's even 80%. Hopefully he's ready to go but there's little to gain this week & you want him fresh next week.

Keighran has been named in the 21 the last couple of weeks, so i assume he's a part of it now.

I think you rest Maloney if he's even 80%. Hopefully he's ready to go but there's little to gain this week & you want him fresh next week.

Personally I believe there is a whole lot to gain this week if we win - confidence. It's something our team is down on at the moment. A win over Melbourne in Melbourne would be massive going into the finals and is exactly what we need to kickstart our season.

MrBlack

Juniors
Personally I believe there is a whole lot to gain this week if we win - confidence. It's something our team is down on at the moment. A win over Melbourne in Melbourne would be massive going into the finals and is exactly what we need to kickstart our season.

We need to go all out for a win.

If we dish up the same rubbish as the last few games then we may as well not turn up next week.

franklin2323

Immortal

We need to try to find form...If Maloney's neck and thumb is fine then he will be much better and worth the risk to play

Panfa

Juniors
Melbourne will play an up tempo fast game they will get the calls go there way the bounce of the ball etc so we need to start well and attack at every oppurtunity.The storm hate it when teams play expansive football on them aka tigers like footy they like it when teams try to roll through the middle where they can wrestle you on your back and slow you down.Penriths only hope is to give waqa blake and co outwide good clean early ball they cant turn you on your back in 1 on 1 tackles outwide only in the middle of the park with 2 and 3 in the tackles to set there line

Melbourne will play an up tempo fast game they will get the calls go there way the bounce of the ball etc so we need to start well and attack at every oppurtunity.The storm hate it when teams play expansive football on them aka tigers like footy they like it when teams try to roll through the middle where they can wrestle you on your back and slow you down.Penriths only hope is to give waqa blake and co outwide good clean early ball they cant turn you on your back in 1 on 1 tackles outwide only in the middle of the park with 2 and 3 in the tackles to set there line

Definitely agree. Although I think we still need to power through the middle at first, perhaps popping more offloads and then spreading it against a fractured defensive line.

Last week the Storm's pack was:

Browmich, Welch, Kaufusi, Stimson, Finucane, Glasby, Kamikamica, Bromwich, Kasiano.

That is by no means the competition's best forward pack. Our pack looks far more versatile and skillful. If we get some power from RCG, Mez and Tamou, we have more variety with Kikau, CHN etc.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Melbourne hopefully rest some of their guns..

Maloney needs to be back in the team....

Having said all that.. Melbourne have been horrible for at least a month...But we have of course been worse.

The yak

Juniors
Unless they have injuries Melbourne won't rest any of their players. Its all about building momentum now.
They have been a bit inconsistent of late. Bellamy knows they need to improve rather quickly.

Panthers Jersey Flegg coach Ben Harden has named his side to face Cronulla Sharks at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

2018 Panthers members and children under 16 receive FREE ENTRY to Panthers Stadium, while entry for non-members is $10.

The Panthers will wear the 2018 Away Jersey.

JF Panthers v JF Sharks
3.15pm Saturday
Panthers Stadium

1. Daine LAURIE
2. Thomas LOFTS
3. Marlon RITCHIE
4. Stephen CRICHTON
5. Zac RYAN
6. Dean BLORE
7. Brendan HANDS
8. Brad GAUT
9. Meni LUKE
10. Mitch REVELL
11. Alex MYLES
12. J'maine HOPGOOD
13. Mitch KENNY (c)

14. Adam FEARNLEY
15. John TRIMBOLI
16. Spencer LENIU
17. Jack QUINN
18. Ratu NANOVO
19. Matthew FAAUILA
20. Ethan MCPHERSON

Panthers ISP coach Guy Missio has named his side to face Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

2018 Panthers members and children under 16 receive FREE ENTRY to Panthers Stadium, while entry for non-members is $10.

The Panthers will wear the 2018 Home Jersey.

ISP Panthers v ISP Bulldogs
1.10pm Saturday
Panthers Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Ratu TUISESE
3. Tyrone PHILLIPS
4. Brian TOO
5. Sam SMITH
6. Adam KEIGHRAN
7. Liam COLEMAN
8. Kaide ELLIS (c)
9. Reed IZZARD