What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Manly

Spazer

Juniors
Norman was good I thought, but still made some dumb errors. On the 17:33 mark in the 2nd half he missed an opportunity to send dufty through a gaping hole on the inside and instead kicked it over the sideline which had duff blowing up. And of course the missed pass to duff in the first half. I am enjoying his running game but he needs to be consistent same as Hunt.

6AGAIN

Juniors
BIRD CHARGED
Dragons centre Jack Bird and Roosters forward Daniel Suluka-Fifita are both facing two-week suspensions following a review of Friday night's matches.

Bird was handed a contrary conduct charge after an incident involving Manly's Moses Suli

Both players can reduce their bans to one week with an early guilty plea.

Thanks GD for the update.
This is really getting beyond a joke.
Past players must be shaking their heads in sorrow.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Norman was good I thought, but still made some dumb errors. On the 17:33 mark in the 2nd half he missed an opportunity to send dufty through a gaping hole on the inside and instead kicked it over the sideline which had duff blowing up. And of course the missed pass to duff in the first half. I am enjoying his running game but he needs to be consistent same as Hunt.
Most of the team has either lifted or improved under Hook this year definitely got me thinking top 8. But so far Norman is still rocks & diamonds. To compete with the better teams we need more consistency from our 5/8

Illusion

Bench
Most of the team has either lifted or improved under Hook this year definitely got me thinking top 8. But so far Norman is still rocks & diamonds. To compete with the better teams we need more consistency from our 5/8
Yea agree .... Norman played OK , but let's all wait till we play the better sides ..... Again its great to see improvement in just 3 games ..... 6 years with the Genius we had everyone went backwards ..... His plan A for a game never changed had no plan B ...... Thank you, he is gone .....

Dragon David

First Grade
The NRL never miss sticking it to us
... as I’ve said before, subliminal old scores being settled.
Yes you are so right Linespeed. Our players only need to lift their little finger the wrong way and we get the ultimate scrutiny resulting in downright unfair penalty.

Our club seems to be looked at so closely with every on field and off field incident more critically than any other club. It's is like we are the yardstick to judge for any "wrongdoings" rather than the good things that we have always endeavoured to achieve. A slight touch by Frizell on the refs arm a few years ago resulting in the first case a player gets suspended for touching a ref is always something that I think about as being totally unjust.

They don't see the halos shining brightly over the players heads as we do.

Gareth67

First Grade
BIRD CHARGED
Dragons centre Jack Bird and Roosters forward Daniel Suluka-Fifita are both facing two-week suspensions following a review of Friday night's matches.

Bird was handed a contrary conduct charge after an incident involving Manly's Moses Suli

Both players can reduce their bans to one week with an early guilty plea.

Whaaaaa da f#k ! !

The sods decide to charge Bird for a bit off push and shove , whilst allowing the dioty damn Storm player Munster to get away with his downright dangerous tackle on the Penrith player in Thursday’s night game .

Geeze H Chrust , talk about fairness and a level playing field for all clubs . It stinks to high heaven , what a downright miscarriage of justice that is .

Last edited:

rasaint

Juniors
Normally I tend not make offer opinion on judiciary decisions.

This Bird decision; well now I’m getting suspicious about who how why they are determined. Bird’s was two strong centres asserting themselves for ascendency in a tough game situation. Yes, push and shove near the end and some Manly players ran in to milk out a penalty ( like all club players do ). Not much in it.

Last year Fui I think copped 3 weeks( was it year before on big Paulo from eels?)) for ‘hip drop’. It looked like a standard tackle around the legs that became a supposed ‘ hip drop’ in nothing more than the tackle momentum. Cameron Munster effected an apparent classic ‘ hip drop’ and told that’s ok last week. Imo nothing deliberate in both comparison examples. Suspicious that with Kaufsusi getting suspended the NRL didn’t want to cheese off the Melbourne fan base by ousting Munster another Melbourne star also? You can’t blame people for suspicion when it’s there to compare on the vision.

Sometimes the inconsistency such as Frizz touching a ref was astounding. In the following weeks about 4 or 5 ref touches occurred and similar and innocuous as Frizz , but that the Frizz one was a judiciary orphan wasn’t it? Was any explanation given for why Frizz and not others. I think Hayne touched a ref accidentally soon thereafter?

All strange in my view. Someone will explain to me I guess.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Normally I tend not make offer opinion on judiciary decisions.

This Bird decision; well now I’m getting suspicious about who how why they are determined. Bird’s was two strong centres asserting themselves for ascendency in a tough game situation. Yes, push and shove near the end and some Manly players ran in to milk out a penalty ( like all club players do ). Not much in it.

Last year Fui I think copped 3 weeks( was it year before on big Paulo from eels?)) for ‘hip drop’. It looked like a standard tackle around the legs that became a supposed ‘ hip drop’ in nothing more than the tackle momentum. Cameron Munster effected an apparent classic ‘ hip drop’ and told that’s ok last week. Imo nothing deliberate in both comparison examples. Suspicious that with Kaufsusi getting suspended the NRL didn’t want to cheese off the Melbourne fan base by ousting Munster another Melbourne star also? You can’t blame people for suspicion when it’s there to compare on the vision.

Sometimes the inconsistency such as Frizz touching a ref was astounding. In the following weeks about 4 or 5 ref touches occurred and similar and innocuous as Frizz , but that the Frizz one was a judiciary orphan wasn’t it? Was any explanation given for why Frizz and not others. I think Hayne touched a ref accidentally soon thereafter?

All strange in my view. Someone will explain to me I guess.
After watching Luke Keary bust his knee last night I’m thankful it’s just the one week rest for Bird. He’s a key player for us to have success this year.

Latest posts