What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs the Knights

franklin2323

Immortal
Nothing proves a coach has 'lost the plot' like the coach picking a fullback who didn't make an error in the previous 2 games in which we won both...

Also didn’t make a line break. Score a try. Have a try assist. Had less metres per run then Crichton... but hey Aekins didn’t make an error

martielang

Bench
Also didn’t make a line break. Score a try. Have a try assist. Had less metres per run then Crichton... but hey Aekins didn’t make an error

I'm not saying Crichton didn't do well, I can see exactly why people would pick Crichton ahead of Aekins however it's hardly a 'lost the plot' decision to stick with a player that's done everything required of them in the previous games.

Crichton made a crucial error (from overplaying his hand) in the final 5 minutes v the Roosters. If the Roosters score & we lose that game, is the push for him still as strong? I don't think so. He's a young player who you'd expect to make a mistake, but his errors / shortcomings seem to be swept under the carpet when it comes to this argument.

Dave's mate

Juniors
I'm not saying Crichton didn't do well, I can see exactly why people would pick Crichton ahead of Aekins however it's hardly a 'lost the plot' decision to stick with a player that's done everything required of them in the previous games.

Crichton made a crucial error (from overplaying his hand) in the final 5 minutes v the Roosters. If the Roosters score & we lose that game, is the push for him still as strong? I don't think so. He's a young player who you'd expect to make a mistake, but his errors / shortcomings seem to be swept under the carpet when it comes to this argument.
He's a talent that needs to be backed and to have games under his belt come finals. The comp is wide open have a go Ivan

franklin2323

Immortal

Depends how you think the bench should look. I think Kenny needs to be there incase Api needs a run at 1st reciever.

Crichton needs to be in the side somewhere so he would be FB in that 17

betcats

Referee
We are 2 from 2 so its hard to argue with a winning formula, Aekins does the job at fullback. I can understand why people want Crichton to the start, i mean he would be my choice for sure but I can handle Aekins getting the run, Dylan will be back soon enough.

TBH id rather start Crichton in the centres now, that is where we are lacking some strike and where I think he will play longterm.

GongPanther

Referee
Across all teams from this weekend, and starting cold without any trial matches, I predict quite a heavy number of injuries.

franklin2323

Immortal
We are 2 from 2 so its hard to argue with a winning formula, Aekins does the job at fullback. I can understand why people want Crichton to the start, i mean he would be my choice for sure but I can handle Aekins getting the run, Dylan will be back soon enough.

TBH id rather start Crichton in the centres now, that is where we are lacking some strike and where I think he will play longterm.

Then he is stuck to the one side of the field. A fit Edwards changes things of course

betcats

Referee
Then he is stuck to the one side of the field. A fit Edwards changes things of course

It limits him a bit no doubt but after he has settled there if he continues to be as good as he has been i think you could let him wander a bit in attacking situations and have him popping up in the middle and on the other side of the field sometimes.

forby

Juniors
Let’s not rush him into a starting spot yet. Imagine if he were to have a shocker, or didn’t handle all the pressure. It could ruin his confidence for a long time. It would be better to ease him in gradually off the bench.

betcats

Referee
He has shown the ability to handle pressure imo He already has a few crucial last minute plays in his career going back to his debut last season. Shockers happen i dont think it would ruin him at this point. He is almost 20 years old and super talented, starting him in his fourth game in a position he knows doesnt seem to rushed to me.

franklin2323

Immortal
It limits him a bit no doubt but after he has settled there if he continues to be as good as he has been i think you could let him wander a bit in attacking situations and have him popping up in the middle and on the other side of the field sometimes.

We finally have our starting backrow together so can get the right side used to defensive setup. How he is works with Capewell is key for me

franklin2323

Immortal
He has shown the ability to handle pressure imo He already has a few crucial last minute plays in his career going back to his debut last season. Shockers happen i dont think it would ruin him at this point. He is almost 20 years old and super talented, starting him in his fourth game in a position he knows doesnt seem to rushed to me.

Especially if you want to free up that bench spot for a someone like Kenny. Hopefully Whare keeps going well and makes it hard for Ivan

Kilkenny

Coach
I think with Chrichton we have to exercise a bit of caution. I don’t recall him playing too much if any games at fullback coming thru the junior ranks. I tend to think his natural position to start his NRL career is as a centre where he played most of his time in the juniors. I don’t think at this stage of his development he would be well served playing 80 minutes as our fullback. Also we have two pretty talented fullbacks waiting in the wings who will emerge and put pressure on Edwards from 2021. For me personally I have Laurie in front of Staines, I think Staines still has to work on his defence before he could seriously be considered for NRL. The current SG Ball fullback also looks like something special, his name escapes me at the moment but he scored tries for fun this season before the juniors were suspended.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Chrichton has 3 positions to work himself into, according to him, Centre could be the most likely with Whare being the one to sail into the sunset eventually. Has been working hard on defense and the high ball. Preferred position is Fullback, but knows it might be hard to take first up.

The_Frog

First Grade
Chrichton has 3 positions to work himself into, according to him, Centre could be the most likely with Whare being the one to sail into the sunset eventually. Has been working hard on defense and the high ball. Preferred position is Fullback, but knows it might be hard to take first up.
All outside backs want to be fullback, because fullbacks are paid more.

With Edwards constant injuries fullback could be a possibility,

Latest posts