What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Newcastle

Maddragon99

Juniors
I'm sure Frizell would be very happy under Griffin's coaching. It is a shame out Board were so weak and did not get rid of Mary years ago.
Because Frizzle decided to bail on us so early last year he never had the opportunity to see the changes & potentially change his mind. I don’t think it was a money issue I think it was for the chance to play under a better coach & to play for a regular top 8 team. But in reality O’Brien isn’t proven & I don’t think Newcastle are that great, with all our emerging youth there's more potential with us under Hook. His loss.

redv13

Bench
Because Frizzle decided to bail on us so early last year he never had the opportunity to see the changes & potentially change his mind. I don’t think it was a money issue I think it was for the chance to play under a better coach & to play for a regular top 8 team. But in reality O’Brien isn’t proven & I don’t think Newcastle are that great, with all our emerging youth there's more potential with us under Hook. His loss.
At the time he signed for Newcastle we were stuck with egg head for 2 more seasons

thebigredv

First Grade
I get the McGregor thing but as a captain he fled the club and deserted the fans. Well within his rights, doesn't deserve any animosity or booing, but we can tackle him with everything we got and show him he Made a poor choice giving up on the mighty red v.

Maddragon99

Juniors
At the time he signed for Newcastle we were stuck with egg head for 2 more seasons
That’s exactly correct. But the grass isn’t always greener when you leave. He could have asked Trent Merrin about that. I wonder if he’ll keep his origin spot? I doubt it.

Tariq Sims was greatly improved last week & I’m expecting him to dominate Frizzle on Sunday. Bailing the way he did is personal.

thebigredv

First Grade
That’s exactly correct. But the grass isn’t always greener when you leave. He could have asked Trent Merrin about that. I wonder if he’ll keep his origin spot? I doubt it.

Tariq Sims was greatly improved last week & I’m expecting him to dominate Frizzle on Sunday. Bailing the way he did is personal.

If some of the rumours are true it would be interesting to see JDB up against friz later in the year, if at all that is a possibility.

It is a paradox of the human condition that the grass is greener on the other side. Very often the reverse is true. I do not see Newcastle being a premiership winning team anytime soon.

No doubt Frizzell is a talent and gives his all. Loved him when he was with us. But lets put some context into it.

Would you pay him 800k per year for 3 years at 31 years of age, with chronice back issues which have to be managed?

Newcastle did, he made the right call and looked after his future. Long term deal on great money in what is most likely his final contract of his career and not having to put up with McTurd as a coach...

Good luck to him. I for one will not be hating on the guy.

possm

Coach
Yes, and at the end of the day, the only BIG HOLE we have in our 17 now is a 'like for like' replacement for Frizell. It is a shame because he was a really good clubman.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yes, and at the end of the day, the only BIG HOLE we have in our 17 now is a 'like for like' replacement for Frizell. It is a shame because he was a really good clubman.
Personally, I’d prefer this clubman...

images

If anyone wants to buy it for me, I’d be very happy..

epDragon62

First Grade
If Jack is acquitted and gets to play, after what he’s admitted to in court so far, I’ll happily cheer on Tyson smashing him.

A person of DeBelin’s values isn’t someone I support.
That's a perfectly valid point of view Muz; I wonder how many others of equal or worse morals you have supported in ignorance.

The problem is much wider which is evident from the rubbish coming out of the political sphere.

Old Timer

Coach

Funny how you give the grass is always greener analogy

Exactly what was here for him

A failed coach firmly in trenched with a shit house game plan destroying his body and rep chances

JDB issues affecting players and WAGS

Our best player exiting and tired old hacks coming in and nuffy’s signed on big money

No likelihood of getting a big name to join us to lighten his workload or improve our finals chances.

Disgruntled and toxic environment

Not hard for something to look more appealing than that.

Re Sims playing 1 good game in 2 years and then owning Frizz good luck with that.

giboz71

First Grade
Friz always baffled me a bit. Could have been an actual monster, in the Taumalolo class, but he never quite reached those heights. He was good, don't get me wrong, but I felt he couldn't actually reach the next level. The fact he could never quite master how to hit holes like the better 2nd rowers always annoyed me too.

In fairness to him, the majority of his career was spent with one of worst coaches in NRL history, so not surprised he needed a change, End of the day, these guys are competitors and they will eventually get sick of losing.

Just not quite sure the Knights will give him what he wants (other than money). I don't actually think they are any closer to a comp than we are?

True_Believer

Juniors
Just not quite sure the Knights will give him what he wants (other than money). I don't actually think they are any closer to a comp than we are?

Agreed - however I feel they might just pip us this weekend. Their forward pack can be very difficult to handle on their day and without Ben in the team I'm not as confident of a win.

giboz71

First Grade
Agreed - however I feel they might just pip us this weekend. Their forward pack can be very difficult to handle on their day and without Ben in the team I'm not as confident of a win.

Yeh, would have been nice to have Hunt and Bird on deck for this one, but at the same time I still like our chances.

The bad loss to the Tigers won't help us, they will be up for this game in front of a packed home crowd.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It will be a tough game tonite and tbh I dont think any of us are over confident especially without Hunt and Bird....but its about time we took it to other teams and let them see we arnt the easy beats of years gone by...theres enough depth and experience in our team to take it down to the wire
On a side note was talking to my mate at my golf club and he said he wasnt keen on playing during the 3 day lockdown and theres no way he was wearing a mask at the club.........I replied it could be worse Tom you could be forced to wear your Broncos jersey.......deathly silence followed.....Tom and I are still mates and Im hoping he gets over my comment by our next team event

BLM01

First Grade
Friz always baffled me a bit. Could have been an actual monster, in the Taumalolo class, but he never quite reached those heights. He was good, don't get me wrong, but I felt he couldn't actually reach the next level. The fact he could never quite master how to hit holes like the better 2nd rowers always annoyed me too.

In fairness to him, the majority of his career was spent with one of worst coaches in NRL history, so not surprised he needed a change, End of the day, these guys are competitors and they will eventually get sick of losing.

I would disagree with that I think at full strength they are a bit closer than we are
in saying that having Kurt man at 5/8th will not get them to where they need to
That’s why they probably rushed Green in for this week
Kurt has proven yet again his best position is just a solid fill-in for the backs
he will never own a 1st grade spot in the backline
They have proven now they have even a better super sub... that being Connor Watson

Maddragon99

Juniors
Next 4 weeks we have;

Newcastle away
Parra away
Warriors home
ANZAC DAY

Parra are playing very well at the moment but the other 3 games are winnable. If we can go 4 for 4 it’ll set our season up perfectly.