What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Newcastle

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Something tells me we may miss Bird just as much as we miss Hunt. His physicality has been one of the bonuses this year so far. Would prefer Max F gets his spot, fingers crossed.
I don’t think we will miss Bird too much, Wiliame and Feagai would fill in more than enough at centre for one week. Hunt is a huge loss, but better now than the end of season. Time for Normy to earn an extension and Clune to push his case to start. I have a feeling will exceed expectations. My biggest concern is Knights are coming off a loss.

possm

Coach
Norman an extension? You have to be kidding. Sullivan will do a better job at less than half the price.

Gareth67

First Grade
Should give Friz one on the nose for disloyalty.

He could at least have waited until he was sacked by Hook.

Long way to go, but I see a lot more in your game these days.

I still like Hunt, wonderful player, but not on a $1m a season. You’d be firing with Douhie and a few marquee.

Mate we usually see eye to eye , but hey I do hope that you are joking about Fizzell as everyone knows he gave his all to the Dragons, certainly no hard feelings from me , he simply had enough of the maestro as did many others .

George Sancti

Juniors
Stopping Saifiti will be the most important thing imo.
Make Friz do plenty of tackling to dull his attack.
Pearce has a very ordinary kicking game with the up & under his go to (hope Dufty is ready) so pressure him as much as possible.

I agree Blacksafake, Saifiti's running game is our greatest threat followed by Barnett and Frizell. I'm hoping Anthony Griffin's game plan results in the Knights' forwards doing a lot of tackling during the early stages of the game.

Last edited:
I don’t think we will miss Bird too much, Wiliame and Feagai would fill in more than enough at centre for one week. Hunt is a huge loss, but better now than the end of season. Time for Normy to earn an extension and Clune to push his case to start. I have a feeling will exceed expectations. My biggest concern is Knights are coming off a loss.
Hunt has been great under Hook, but last year Clune was better than Hunt even with everything against him. Isn't it possible Clune will still be better than Hunt? I think he will.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Hunt has been great under Hook, but last year Clune was better than Hunt even with everything against him. Isn't it possible Clune will still be better than Hunt? I think he will.
Well not sure i agree with your assessment there GCD. Personally don’t believe Clune has shown that much to date at First Grade level; but, if Clune plays better than that which Hunt has demonstrated so far this year, well, Saints will be flying, so hope your right!

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Norman an extension? You have to be kidding. Sullivan will do a better job at less than half the price.
It’s bad enough Williame has been brought back from the wilderness to play first grade. One of the Feagai’s should be given the chance. If Norman is extended that’ll do me.

Dracarys

Juniors
If Norman plays every week like last week we'll all be clamouring for his signature. As we all know one swallow doesn't bake a cake.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It’s bad enough Williame has been brought back from the wilderness to play first grade. One of the Feagai’s should be given the chance.
Why?

Williame has proven himself over the first few weeks.

Feagai (like many juniors) showed in the charity shield that by being defeated by souffs b team that they weren’t ready for first grade.

How will youth beat experience?

redv13

Bench
It’s bad enough Williame has been brought back from the wilderness to play first grade. One of the Feagai’s should be given the chance. If Norman is extended that’ll do me.
How about the coach selects who will do the best job at the time for the team. If it’s Wiliame so be it.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Unlike some I think Bird will be missed this week....I think his presence alone in the backline has added a bit of confidence to the younger blokes like Lomax, Dufty, Ramsay and the like.....and also his no nonsense approach in defence has shown some of our blokes a little starch goes a long way to upsetting the opposition.......I know he was suspended because of his attitude but personaly there was nothing in it in my opinion

Gareth67

First Grade

Last season Clune I also thought played better than Hunt did , however Hunt is one off those confidence players , where he is down so is his play , but under Hook he is a totally different player than under ‘ he who shall not be named ‘ .

Still , as you have said G.C.D. it would indeed be great if Clunes game can also improve under Griffin , 2 decent halfbacks for a change - it’s been many a year since the Dragons could boast that .

Walpole

Juniors
Unlike some I think Bird will be missed this week....I think his presence alone in the backline has added a bit of confidence to the younger blokes like Lomax, Dufty, Ramsay and the like.....and also his no nonsense approach in defence has shown some of our blokes a little starch goes a long way to upsetting the opposition.......I know he was suspended because of his attitude but personaly there was nothing in it in my opinion
I agree. Lomax and Bird in the centres, while not quite Cooper/Gaz , are turning out to be a strong pair. Almost makes you forget the great Aitken/Lafai experiment...

dragon thomo

Juniors
I will agree it's not ideal loosing Bird for a week as i was happy the way he was playing . But i have to say Williame form from the bench has been good.
I am hopefull he can do the job for us.
Griffin seems to be another Coach that gets players to play to their full potential.

possm

Coach
Mate we usually see eye to eye , but hey I do hope that you are joking about Fizzell as everyone knows he gave his all to the Dragons, certainly no hard feelings from me , he simply had enough of the maestro as did many others .
After being coached at SOO and National coaches and then returning back to be coached by Mary, there was good reason for Frizell to want out.

If the Board would have acted responsibly and sacked Mary 12 months earlier, Frizell may not have decided to leave under a new coaching staff.

Just look at the new coaching staff and what they have been able to achieve without a 'like for like' replacement of Frizell; this tells the whole story at a glance. Also note that Mary has not secured even an assistants role, neither has Flanagan. Dean Young as assistant coach at the Cowboys has moved from a poor performing squad to an even worse performing squad.

In my opinion Frizell would have been happy playing under our current coaching staff and I suggest he privately may have regrets about moving on.

After being coached at SOO and National coaches and then returning back to be coached by Mary, there was good reason for Frizell to want out.

If the Board would have acted responsibly and sacked Mary 12 months earlier, Frizell may not have decided to leave under a new coaching staff.

Just look at the new coaching staff and what they have been able to achieve without a 'like for like' replacement of Frizell; this tells the whole story at a glance. Also note that Mary has not secured even an assistants role, neither has Flanagan. Dean Young as assistant coach at the Cowboys has moved from a poor performing squad to an even worse performing squad.

In my opinion Frizell would have been happy playing under our current coaching staff and I suggest he privately may have regrets about moving on.
Doust's lack of respect with regard to coaching qualifications has cost us Brett Morris and Frizell. I'm sure there are more, Beau Scott maybe Soward...

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I agree. Lomax and Bird in the centres, while not quite Cooper/Gaz , are turning out to be a strong pair. Almost makes you forget the great Aitken/Lafai experiment...
oh no, don’t worry Walpole, it’s still there in my hippocampus!

Last edited:

Latest posts