What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Vs Manly

franklin2323

Immortal
People want Staines at fb too but he has lots of errors in his game.

I said all week how good Dylan was.

Some fans just want a tedesco at fb.

I'm not prepared to blast critta or Staines but Staines does a few good things atm and lots of average stuff.

Critta has only played half a game at fb but I've seen enough to know hit fitness isn't where it needs to be.

Like I said all week I think Burton should have been fb. He's a real smart footballer and could easily play there. Brandy said pre game he can play fb.

On a positive momo has really got involved tonight. Taking lots of runs. To me, I just don't think he posses that x factor like naden but it's still nice to see him getting involved

Me either both are still developing. Will be better for the run

Panfa

Juniors
Staines looked like papynhusen,he is our future fullback.Maybe Edwards could go to the wing good under high ball and can bend the line.

betcats

Referee
I'm happy he scored and rate him but he has a habit of stepping inside and not even considering his winger.

He does come inside a lot but on that try the defender was locked in on critta or making a play at the ball if passed, momo stepping inside was never going to be stopped. I think he should’ve dummied and stepped and Garrick flies straight past him and momo walks round to the posts but he got there pretty easily despite hitting the deck.

Girds89

Bench
Anyone saying Staines needs to be fb.. just no.

Yes he looked good there in the last 5 mins but manly threw in the towel with 20 to go.

Staines needs to bulk up before going to the back and also needs to work on ball security. Just let him develop slowly on the wing. He can still come in field and get more involved like I said all week.

For mine, Burton to fb next week. In fact he has to be fb.

Jane Murray

Bench
Manly tried pretty hard at times, but man they were bad. Good to see us put a score on them unlike the Cows.

Burton had a good game but if the rest of the Manly team wasn't such a basket case Suli would have made the game very difficult for him without the ball. Didnt handle him well the few times he needed to.

Staines has to be the fullback. Didnt think Crichton was terrible but you could just see how lethal Staines could be with one or two touches. His hands are too good for a winger.

Cleary had some sublime moments. His hand in Capewells try was nuts.

I thought Kenny was really good. He's added a switch of direction to his Fake service which bamboozled the defensive line pretty regularly. Very crafty weapon to have in your arsenal. He keeps playing like that he'll be snapped up quicker than I thought.

I mentioned in another thread that other teams fans tend to rate Kikau higher than I do. Thats changing very quickly. He's looking unbelievable this year and completely unlocking that left edge. Burton, Luai and To'o capitalised as well as anyone. Great to watch.

Another game where there were no passengers.

Such a pleasure watching this footy team. This team looks every bit as good as last years.
Disagree. This team looks better than last years.

betcats

Referee
Staines looked like papynhusen,he is our future fullback.Maybe Edwards could go to the wing good under high ball and can bend the line.

His ability to get outside a defender and create an overlap is something that will create so many chances when or if he does get a good run at fullback, he has the vision and skill to play fullback for sure.

WestyLife

First Grade
Anyone saying Staines needs to be fb.. just no.

Yes he looked good there in the last 5 mins but manly threw in the towel with 20 to go.

Staines needs to bulk up before going to the back and also needs to work on ball security. Just let him develop slowly on the wing. He can still come in field and get more involved like I said all week.

For mine, Burton to fb next week. In fact he has to be fb.

Staines is our best fullback outside Edwards easily.

betcats

Referee
As soon as momo caught that cross field kick he looked to get the ball to Staines, he’s not a stupid player or unwilling to pass, he backs himself running the ball a lot but when it’s a clear chance for Staines he looks to get him the ball.

Edit: also defensively Staines and momo are already a very good combination which right now is more important.

After Burton’s performce the last two weeks I wouldn’t mind if he takes someone’s spot but there’s no need to death ride momo who really is playing well.

Munky

Coach
As soon as momo caught that cross field kick he looked to get the ball to Staines, he’s not a stupid player or unwilling to pass, he backs himself running the ball a lot but when it’s a clear chance for Staines he looks to get him the ball.

The Manly player did really well there not to commit to Momo early.

A shame because it would have been a spectacular try.

BxTom

Bench
His ability to get outside a defender and create an overlap is something that will create so many chances when or if he does get a good run at fullback, he has the vision and skill to play fullback for sure.
If he can't do that on the wing, I can't see him being any better at FB. Staines scored 6 tries in this first 1.5 games and based upon those games he's treated like a God. In the next four games he scores 1 try. Now he has a good 5 mins at Fb and treated like a God again - on 5 mins of play. Not saying he won't be a good Fb or that he's not playing well on the wing - he is. But let's get a little more realistic and not build up impossible expectations.

Smug Panther

First Grade
He does come inside a lot but on that try the defender was locked in on critta or making a play at the ball if passed, momo stepping inside was never going to be stopped. I think he should’ve dummied and stepped and Garrick flies straight past him and momo walks round to the posts but he got there pretty easily despite hitting the deck.
Lol wow

Latest posts