What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Vs Manly

pantherz9103

First Grade
Could've scored 50 if we wanted to but happy enough with 46-6. I'm not really so anti Manly these days, like I was back in the 90's but it is a nice feat to inflict their biggest ever loss at Brookvale.

I look forward to a serious test against a good Canberra side next week.

Fangs

Coach
Good performance.

Crichton stank it up. Staines looks a far better prospect in the 1. Had a better second half at least.

Burton looks too talented to leave out. Hard to see where he fits in though.

To'o the real MOM. He is close to being the most underrated winger in the game.

betcats

Referee
On the Cleary trick pass Momirovski could have gone a typical draw and pass and cut back in leaving Staines out of the play.

I’ll have to check it again but I find it pretty ridiculous when he scores a try and we get someone going “see look how bad he is”

martielang

Bench
Whoever plays left centre looks like a weapon in attack, whoever plays right looks like a plod. Been that way for 5+ years. We’re a heavily left side dominant attacking side & why the hell wouldn’t we be with those weapons.

With most teams being left side dominant, the right hand defensively is crucial to our success. We’ve conceded 3 tries in 4 games, Momo has done a superb job on that front.

In saying all that, Burton is a special talent it’s a pity we won’t see him, Luai & Cleary play the majority of their careers together. We always had to shed one of them & it’d be hard to argue we’ve made the wrong choice with how Luai’s rolling.

age.s

First Grade
Manly tried pretty hard at times, but man they were bad. Good to see us put a score on them unlike the Cows.

Burton had a good game but if the rest of the Manly team wasn't such a basket case Suli would have made the game very difficult for him without the ball. Didnt handle him well the few times he needed to.

Staines has to be the fullback. Didnt think Crichton was terrible but you could just see how lethal Staines could be with one or two touches. His hands are too good for a winger.

Cleary had some sublime moments. His hand in Capewells try was nuts.

I thought Kenny was really good. He's added a switch of direction to his dh service which bamboozled the defensive line pretty regularly. Very crafty weapon to have in your arsenal. He keeps playing like that he'll be snapped up quicker than I thought.

I mentioned in another thread that other teams fans tend to rate Kikau higher than I do. Thats changing very quickly. He's looking unbelievable this year and completely unlocking that left edge. Burton, Luai and To'o capitalised as well as anyone. Great to watch.

Another game where there were no passengers.

Such a pleasure watching this footy team. This team looks every bit as good as last years.

WestyLife

First Grade
I’ll have to check it again but I find it pretty ridiculous when he scores a try and we get someone going “see look how bad he is”

I'm happy he scored and rate him but he has a habit of stepping inside and not even considering his winger.

Girds89

Bench
I'm going in early

1. Critta- 6, thought he struggled to get involved. Positioning was average and just didn't hit the ball at pace.

2. Too 8.5 standard Brian

3. Burton- 8.5 very very good in attack. One or two misses in defence but not bad for playing out of position.

4. Momo- 7.5 defensively good again, fails to inspire me in attack. Got really involved tho.

5. Staines- hopefully the last 5 mins gives him a bit of confidence because to me, for first 75 Tonight and this season he just looks low on confidence. Not sure if it's cause he's worried about getting smashed. Was nice to see ic create a few new plays for him like I've been saying.

6. Luai 8.5 very dangerous as usual

7. Nath 9.5 deadset led from the front

8. Leota- 8.5 great effort by the big fella, especially his first stint. I want that every week

9. Kenny- 9 man he is so underrated. God he was good Tonight. He's direction was perfect. Great defence as usual

10. Jfh 8.5 very good as usual

11. Kikau 8 man he did some great things in attack but he missed some really poor tackles too. Lost a point for the few basic misses.

12. Capewell 8 taken his origin form into this season..very good especially in defence Tonight

13. Yeo 8 standard game from yeo. In everything as usual

14. Tmay 7.5 solid
15. Spencer 7 not as much involvement Tonight but was still good.
16. Eiso 8 was very wrong about him. Been very impressed all year
17. Martin 7 Liam really needs to lift.. has been underwhelming this year. Looks a bit unfit is missing a few tackles and giving silly penalties away dropping the ball etc.

I liked seeing a few new plays tonight.

Some blokes (critta, momo, Staines, martin, naden, may) should all be looking over there shoulder if they want to continue playing fg this year because Burton has showed he HAS to be in the 17. Where he fits in yet im not sure but I've said ALL season he has to be in the 17.

Given Kenny and api both play 80, and may plays the 3rd half like I said a few weeks ago, he should be worried cause frankly Burton would be better in that role.

Critta and momo- both should be worried because Burton showed more at centre than they have all year.

Staines should be worried because critta could probably play wing and take his spot if Burton squeezes in.

Martin should be worried because Burton is quicker and runs it straight and hard enough to play in the backrow, with less mistakes

betcats

Referee
Clearys a top 2 or 3 player in the comp imo, his kicking game and control of our attack is head and shoulders above every other 7 right now. Best defensive 7 in the game and his vision and creativity keeps surprising me.

The Realist

Juniors
Good performance.

Crichton stank it up. Staines looks a far better prospect in the 1. Had a better second half at least.

Burton looks too talented to leave out. Hard to see where he fits in though.

To'o the real MOM. He is close to being the most underrated winger in the game.

As far as I am concerned he IS the BEST winger in the game. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Latest posts