What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Vs Manly

The_Frog

First Grade
Anyone think Kenny has anything to worry about on report for a crusher
Probably. The replay shown wasn't really conclusive but the bunker checked it and thought it was worth pulling up. I suppose May would be the 9, there's no-one else.

betcats

Referee
If he can't do that on the wing, I can't see him being any better at FB. Staines scored 6 tries in this first 1.5 games and based upon those games he's treated like a God. In the next four games he scores 1 try. Now he has a good 5 mins at Fb and treated like a God again - on 5 mins of play. Not saying he won't be a good Fb or that he's not playing well on the wing - he is. But let's get a little more realistic and not build up impossible expectations.

Theres no space to get outside his defender when he is on the wing mate. I am talking about what he did on the momo try, he got outside Foran(I think) very easily and created numbers for us.

I am not building up the expectations Bx I am just calling what I see take it or leave it.

Girds89

Bench
Not so sure about 11 12 and 13.

Why? He's 100kgs. 6'3. Quick, strong, agile, can offload and defend, runs good lines and runs hard too.

He legit could easily play 2nd row or lock.

Reminds me of a quicker version of a young wade Graham.

franklin2323

Immortal
Why? He's 100kgs. 6'3. Quick, strong, agile, can offload and defend, runs good lines and runs hard too.

that is where he will end up

The_Frog

First Grade

Well for a start we don't need those positions covered at this stage. And I don't think he's bulked up enough, but in a couple of years most likely.

GoldCoastPather

Juniors
Staines looked like papynhusen,he is our future fullback.Maybe Edwards could go to the wing good under high ball and can bend the line.
No. Leave Staines where he is. Let’s build Critta’s confidence. Let’s try to get Burton out of his Canterbury contract!!!! Get well soon Dylan and API. It’s a long season.

Girds89

Bench
Which Cri hton sucked at and Staines actual position is fullback lol.

Westy you were very optimistic about critta killing it at fb.

He didn't.

Just cause Staines had 2 good touches against a pathetic manly who were done doesn't mean he can just slot in there.

Charlie has looked ok at times and a little bit unsettled and lost at times too.

I really really think it would be a huge mistake to put him back there at this stage of his development.

Girds89

Bench
Well for a start we don't need those positions covered at this stage. And I don't think he's bulked up enough, but in a couple of years most likely.

I've been very underwhelmed with Martin this year. Imo Burton would offer more coming on playing the 11/12 role or the extra 13/half role that tmay plays.

Obviously he will be in the starting team to Dylan gets back but he has to be in the 17 and there should be a lot of nervous blokes.

betcats

Referee
Bizza is averaging over 200m a game the guy is a freak.

Id just look to get Staines involved the way we did tonight over the few weeks while Dylan is out.

For all the bagging critta is getting he only dropped one bomb and I’d call his efforts on their try a mistake, no idea what he was doing there. Outside of that he saved one try, ran for 170m and if you watch the second half again he cleaned up every kick well and was not caught out of position. I don’t think he was that bad.

Girds89

Bench
How good did Crichton look last year in those 20 min cameos at FB though?

Was enough to make most on here think he'd be an instant superstar at fb and be knocking Dylan off.

Those same people have lost faith after 1 game and are know saying Staines after 5 a min cameo against cellar dwellers

WestyLife

First Grade
Westy you were very optimistic about critta killing it at fb.

He didn't.

Just cause Staines had 2 good touches against a pathetic manly who were done doesn't mean he can just slot in there.

Charlie has looked ok at times and a little bit unsettled and lost at times too.

I really really think it would be a huge mistake to put him back there at this stage of his development.

No I wasn't I was starting a conversation on Edwards being tested for fullback. Crichton won't ever do that and I do say that confidently after 1 game.

Staines I have seen play fullback and I say it because that's his natural position and says the guy saying Burton should go to fullback just because you are a fan.

Girds89

Bench
Bizza is averaging over 200m a game the guy is a freak.

Id just look to get Staines involved the way we did tonight over the few weeks while Dylan is out.

For all the bagging critta is getting he only dropped one bomb and I’d call his efforts on their try a mistake, no idea what he was doing there. Outside of that he saved one try, ran for 170m and if you watch the second half again he cleaned up every kick well and was not caught out of position. I don’t think he was that bad.

Manly basically didn't see our half the whole 2nd 40.

I'm not slamming him, was his first game back there. He will get better but he is a long long long way off taking dyls spot and he very much needs to lift because Burton showed more tonight than he has all year

The_Frog

First Grade
I've been very underwhelmed with Martin this year. Imo Burton would offer more coming on playing the 11/12 role or the extra 13/half role that tmay plays.

Obviously he will be in the starting team to Dylan gets back but he has to be in the 17 and there should be a lot of nervous blokes.
My feeling is that Ivan will give Crichton another shot in the 1 and name an unchanged side, provided Kenny is available. If Kenny is suspended and May fills the 9, that will complicate matters. Burton might be the 14.

murraymob

Coach
It’s only round 4
There is a lot of improving .But to be off the pace and still winning by big scores says a lot for the talent in this team
I thought crighton picked up last 20 as he got more comfortable
Leota is our most underrated player .He had a big one tonight.Cleary used Staines far better back end of game let’s see this all game
My only concern is the meters we are giving up.Even manly found it easy to get back near half way on there sets.Our defence seems to have changed to a stand and wait for the runner over last year we would rush up limiting meters