What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs: Friday 7th April 4:05pm @Accor Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
JD talks about how Murray came back straight after half time last week as Host shoulder was troubling him a bit.

Also talks about Tatola being back and getting our middles back soon ie Arrow will allow us to give Murray a breather and Tom re managing their mins. Id expect Murray to get back 60-65mins when Arrow is back.

callmack1

Staff member

JD talks about how much energy, aggression and passion Taane brings and that he won‘t let us down etc…..
Another great pre game day interview from JD. He seems pretty excited and quietly confident. Man, as JD has said, Junior's return tomorrow is so huge for us, it changes everything. I want to see a really fired up performance from everyone tomorrow afternoon. Time to get this start to the Season back on track.

Gallery - Captain's Run Round Six: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2023/04/06/gallery-captains-run-round-six/

Steenson123

Juniors
Both this game and next round v Burt are MUST WIN games. Canterbury are much improved, as one would expect with half Penrith's squad there, but they are on a very short week after a tense, stressful win. Further, they were probably a little fortunate with NQ's contstant errors. It will not be easy for them to replicate that in 5 days.

Rabbits20

Immortal
JD wants to bring in Ta’affe again in next few weeks.

Also talks about after round 11 we can play Kennar and Jacob Gagai. God help us if we get injuries Jacob can’t tackle

Said Junior he wasn’t expecting back but he feels good came to them saying I want to play he feels up to it and stable enough with his knee

SouthsCountry

Juniors
If this game doesn't get 50k in attendance we are kidding ourselves as the biggest fanbase

Idc if it's a Canterbury home game, the two biggest clubs in Sydney should be aiming for 50k+, even 70k next year.

callmack1

Staff member
Let's goooooooo!!! I'm up bright and early as another game day rolls around. it doesn't get much bigger than this, Good Friday and we have our annual clash against one of our biggest, most fierce rivals, the Bulldogs. Nearing 90 years of history between our two proud clubs. Two of the most passionate clubs with two of the biggest and most passionate supporter bases, I'm sure the crowd will be heaving.

Good Friday against the Dogs is always one you circle on the calendar and I'm sure this clash will live up to expectations. There's always drama, always something big that happens as both sides give it their absolute all so I expect that to be the case once again this afternoon. It's no secret we don't exactly like each other.

I think we need to be very cautious about this Canterbury side. They've been going okay this year, much improved with some massive signings, but they come into this one missing a lot of their big guns in the pack and are seriously undermanned. However, that's a huge reason for us to be careful I think. We simply cannot take them lightly today. The Dogs thrive on that 'backs against the wall' mentality and I'm sure internally they'll be driving the narrative. They'll be having conversations similar to what the Warriors did in their game last Sunday about what a story it would be if they were to get the win over us. They'll come out firing and come here to play, I have no doubt about that. It's too big of an occasion not to. In terms of their biggest threats, Burton is a massive one. His bombs scare the crap out of me to be honest, especially with Taane and Izaac on our wings. That's going to be one area we must nail but jeez just thinking about it makes me nervous. I'm also concerned about the Addo-Carr and Kiraz speed advantage on the wings, that will be something they'll be looking to exploit and I'm sure they'll go there often.

For us, well, we simply have to bounce back in every way. Our attitude is the big one. Flat last week and if we turn up like that again, Canterbury will pounce. I'm confident we won't because our boys will be disappointed with last week and will want to bounce back so the attitude, heart and desire should be on point today. What I hope is also on point is our attack. We all know it's been very clunky but there's no better game to play ourselves into form than this one. Our forwards need to stand up and get one over their under-strength pack and if we can keep rolling on through them, I think we can win. Hold the ball, complete your f**king sets better, defend like we have been for most of this Season and hopefully, hopefully our attack will click. I'm looking for a big game from Trell in his 150th, he has no excuse this week.

Man, I am just burning to win this today! We really, really need it and if we can't get the job done, serious questions will be asked. But I'm confident we can. Just don't beat yourselves boys and let's get this job done!!

Make it a very Good Friday and give us a happy Easter!!

Glory, Glory!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are Game Day is upon us once more it’s our traditional Good Friday Blockbuster against the Dogs. Gonna be a big occasion out there this arvo and a big crowd two very proud and passionate supporter bases will be out there. The Easter Show is next day so I expect lots to have been to the show then come to see the footy! For us we need to get back on track having lost 3 of the last 4 today is massive for us we need to get those 2 points. The Dogs are playing quite well with a real steel about them and have won 3 of their 5 games. It’s been a fierce rivalry with the Dogs for many years and no doubt that won’t change today both teams will come raring to go.

Looking at the Dogs they do have quite a lot of injuries especially to their middles like we have had. That hasn’t been used as an excuse by them though Max King, Sutton up front with MahIndy have all been playing well and young Preston on the edge has been on fire he’s got a massive future. Burton has been playing well too in the halves what a performance from him last week. He will be looking to put up those big spiral bombs no doubt. In the backs Kiraz and Addo Carr have been in fine form on the wing and Perham at FB has been a good find for them and young Alamoti is playing like a beast.

For us Junior is a key in big have we missed him he will add a lot to us. We need to win that battle in the middle today complete highly is key we can’t make silly errors. I want to see in an improvement in our short kicking game building pressure and getting repeat sets. We need our spine to play well I think they know they need to lift. Big Trell in his 150th I am expecting a big one for him after all the criticism he’s copped this week. We need to be careful out wide Campbell, Tass, Thompson, Milne will all have to be good to shut down any attacking raids as best they can. The Dogs will throw the ball around so we must be on. Even though they’re under strength they’ll come in with the Dogs of War mentality. Our boys need to know we must start well.

It may be a Dogs home game they’ll be vocal but we can match them and I’m sure we will with our faithful nice and vocal out there.

COMETH 4:03PM ALL RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS ON YOUR FEET PROUDLY WE STAND TOGETHER CLAP YOUR HANDS RED RAW AND SHOUT AND CHANT YOUR LUNGS OUT LETS URGE THE BOYS HOME FOR A CRUCIAL WIN LETS GET OUR SEASON BACK ON TRACK AND START EASTER IN STYLE GLORY GLORY GO YOU GOOD THINGS LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

BBBBBOOOOOOO THEY ARE ALL OVER HIM SIX MORE SIR SIX MORE

BBBBOOOOOO GET EM ONSIDE GERRY

BBBOOOOOO FORWARD PASS

BBBOOOOOOO LEG PULL SECOND EFFORT

MARKER NOT SQUARE BBBBOOOOO

callmack1

Staff member
Not too far away from kick off now and my nerves have reached fever pitch. We need this so frigging bad and it just makes me super nervous.

Very pumped though! huge game against our rivals.

The weather looks good which helps us I think.

Go out there lads, play with intensity and just get our game right. The rest will take care of itself.

Let's do this for Trell on his big day!

Come onnnnn Souths!!!!!

Glory, Glory!!!!