What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 | Knights 24-20 Sharks @ Ausgrid | Sunday 17th April 2011

Knights vs Sharks (R6)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RABK

Referee
Snowden is just so much better than Douglas now, they use to be neck and neck for rep jerseys but Snowdens involvement is tremendous for the Sharks and if not for him Gallen would be making 90% of the sharks hit ups.

You see the obvious shortcomings negating the potential of our current side and you add in Boyd and Snowden, return Costigan and Taia from injury and you get a top 3 side straight up.

Last edited:

Wato

Juniors
Yea scrappy win but oh well thats 2 more points. Our defense is quite concerning and needs a lot of work plus we need more structure in attack. Hopefully our structure in both attack and defense returns when we get some of our bigger names back. I think Gids runs our defense from the back and would like to see him return there with Roberts to 6. One thing we MUST take out of this game is our discipline needs a lot of work, if we are to compete with the top sides.

Wasn't that impressed with Snowden today. I hope it was just a on-off. I hope we don't pin too much on him in the future at the expense of considering other options.

RABK

Referee
Wasn't that impressed with Snowden today. I hope it was just a on-off. I hope we don't pin too much on him in the future at the expense of considering other options.

Compared to our props, he is an immortal. I can't see given the standards set by our props how you couldn't be impressed by him. 122 metres by the early stats.

It's exactly what we need upfront.

Apey

Staff member
When was the last time uate got the ball in a big sweeping backline movement? He is our number 1 strike weapon and we don't use him. I think that needs to be looked at

agreed.

I thought our forwards were ever so slightly improved today. Missed a few tackles, yeah, but didn't get as dominated as usual :lol:

Best way to sum up the game for me: I'll take the two points..

RHCP

Bench
Finally back in the winners circle. But after seeing how the Cronulla pack stampeded us in the back end of the second half, another Canberra massacre could be less than 7 days away.

The sooner Gidley is back at fullback the better. Pushes Surrender out of the team and stops him stifling our attack. I love Gids but at five-eight and even at hooker today some things he does really sh*t me. It seems his only play is a grubber for himself which rarely works, and at hooker he took some really bad options from dummy half (eg. passing to Junior on fifth) and trying to go himself and kicking out on the full instead of just passing to Mullen nearly cost us the game. All his best plays are those that could be executed just as well in the 1 jersey.

Jimmy Mac had some strong carries, but I'm bemused why we constantly shifted left when there's a ball carrier as threatening as Uate on the flank. He's not a f**king front rower! Give him some space.

Mullen and House played great, they've been our two best all season and continue to put in.

Any news on what happened to Wes? Copped something in the sternum and then seemed very tentative after that.

RABK

Referee
I think Gallen walking on Houstons hand was incredibly grubby. Anyone who has ever played League or Union knows it's a code amongst players that it's the ultimate grub act - it hurts like a bitch and a team will normally react with violence.

Gallen would not do that to someone like Costigan, Learoyd-Lahrs, Shillington, Hargreaves etc

RABK

Referee
He was afraid when he called Paea a black ****.

Massive respect for his workrate - he averages 20 hit ups for 180 metres. But he is such a grub - to be fair he nearly turned the game for them.

Alex28

Coach
We looked tired in that last 10. I'm not really phased by the late try. Our attitude this year is really impressive in that we aren't losing matches in the last 10 minutes that we would have over the last 4 or 5 years. This with a pretty severely depleted team too. We just need to keep scraping through until we get members of our top 17 back in.

So who do we get back next week besides Pato?

doggone

Juniors
Thought the boys all played well today. Gids was a bit to long at hooker for mine. Roberts was impressive for first run. But I wouldnt get carried away with that win. Cronulla arent exactly cream of the crop team. Mc Manus played well again, getting better each runl

Someone posted in the kotw thread that house made 37 tackles and 120 odd meters. That is a huge effort. Someone should email those stats to Ricky stuart.

shane1970

Juniors
I loved the debut of Roberts - a half break with an offload - great defence with some solid first contact involved - all went well. A win is a win however ugly it was and with some ten first graders out through injury things look bright when we can get our full team on the park

If we get Canberra next week then I think it could be a huge turning point in the season, even this early. Breaking away ground hoodoos are massive when it comes to determining how your season plays out.