What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v St George (Team List)

Das Hassler

Bench
Not quite right...Warren Ryan said he was a turnstile against Melbourne...his only criticism of him today ( i only listened to the ABC first half) was his defensive read when Vidot scored but correct me if i'm wrong ...he's probably feeling a bit overwhelmed right now ..especially coming back from a serious injury but he will make his mark in first grade...right now i would really like to see Moltzen at 5/8 (with Tedesco at FB obviously) untill Benji comes back and then move to half and maybe have Sirronen take Lawrence's centre spot..as sad as it is to suggest it

(edit/add) "Wasn't it Junior Pearce who said words to the effect that if you wanted to be kidded about how you played, the Wok is not the coach for you"...LOL...Ryan never has been one to be dazzled by stardom

Last edited:

R2Coupe

Juniors
No, the Wok used the turnstyles description again today as he did when commentating on the Melbourne game.

I can't understand the logic of making all these positional changes when Moltzen is playing well at fullback.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
No, the Wok used the turnstyles description again today as he did when commentating on the Melbourne game.

I can't understand the logic of making all these positional changes when Moltzen is playing well at fullback.

The logic is very simple. You pick your best player in each position. Tedesco is a better fullback than Moltzen.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Well it seems this is what a hell of a lot of fans wished for !
A side adding a massive amount of nothingness in attack . Cant wait for another 5 weeks without Benji :(. Clowns !

Who wished for Benji to be out?

Don't think he would have made much difference today in his current form, anyway. He has two try assists this season, correct me if I'm wrong? So it's not as if we would have suddenly piled on the points, is it?

Das Hassler

Bench

The changes suggested?..for sure Moltzen is doing a pretty good job of it at FB right now (some would still and forever disagree) ..it's just that Tedesco is a fish out of water on the wing but has too much to offer to send him back to state cup..i've always been a fan of Lawrence but he's not a protected species..as a lot have pointed out his form and confidence is down

R2Coupe

Juniors
While many want Moltzen gone (I'm not one of them), the reality is in a year Tedesco may himself be looking over his shoulder at young Kurtis Rowe. Rowe has played other backline positions - centre and wing.

It could be interesting next week if Anasta is out with a groin injury.

Potter appears not to want to make too many changes so maybe Miller might come in as his replacement?

Looking at the West Tigers site it would appear that Tigers came out of game 2nd best in the injury state as well as the scoreboard.

Robbie Farah, groin
Braith Anasta, groin
Jack Buchanan, facial fracture
Chris Lawrence, ankle
Aaron Woods, knee

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Moltzen had an entire shit year but some now call for him to keep his spot after a few decent performances. Tedesco has a couple of ordinary games and the same experts want him dropped. Warren Ryan was a great coach - about 20 years ago. Nowadays he's a dribbler on the radio. Your argument must be pretty weak if it's solely based on some off the cuff remarks by a radio commentator.

moller

Juniors
So frustrating - threw that game away with it there to be won.
The week off looks a blessing in disguise given the injuries.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Yep, you can see Potter knows that Tedesco is too good to be left out, and it won't be long before he moves him permanently to his best position.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would you consider Potter being a former fullback is in the best position to decide the selection at fullback?

You would think a former prop wouldn't use a centre as a prop.

Thus ending your stupid thought process.

gronkathon

First Grade
Tedesco can't tackle. The Wok used the nickname "turnstyles" to describe him on ABC radio today. Most unfortunate.

Wok is a f**king idiot who like many fail to recognise that Lawrence is f**king done. He is one of, if not the worst centre running around in the comp right now. He constantly leaves his winger in 2 or 3 on 1 situations with 10 - 15 of space to cover

macnaz

Staff member
Wok is a f**king idiot who like many fail to recognise that Lawrence is f**king done. He is one of, if not the worst centre running around in the comp right now. He constantly leaves his winger in 2 or 3 on 1 situations with 10 - 15 of space to cover

Correct. But stupid trolling coupe only listened on the radio so he wasnt able to see with his own eyes.

magpie4ever

First Grade
At least it was the best looking jersey we've had for a while:D

Oh yeah, gave me half a woody when Rabs said; "the magpies have scored".:lol:

Seriously, I don't know whether this has been mentioned before, but does anyone believe, like me, that the saints winger stripped the ball from Ayshford (break) and it should have been play on?

I reckon the last two game have shown this side will go ok over the whole season - it might sound bizzare but these two loses were better then our two wins.

Fordy20

Juniors
Correct. But stupid trolling coupe only listened on the radio so he wasnt able to see with his own eyes.

Which is why he missed Tedesco brilliant cover tackle in the middle of the field and also missed the spray that Moltzen copped from Andrew Johns after the Dragons third try.

Awful news about Buchanan. He was having a great start to the year.

Latest posts