What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs. Sharks Discussion + Voting

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Ennis was told to leave.

Stagg was offered a reasonable deal at the Dogs. Where as the Broncos basically wanted him out.

Eastwood was offered an awesome deal and Bruno said congratulations and released him from his final year of his contract.

Ahh I didn't know that about Ennis. I heard that Bruno wanted him gone or something but I thought it was BS. Maybe not...

We didn't want him out. We just couldn't fit him under the cap for 2010 so he made a smart choice and took the good $ from the dogs while he could instead of using his option for a second year at the Broncos and then having to look for a new long term deal.

Big Pete

Referee
Are you refering to Eastwood?

The deal was actually with Leeds, the Dogs just threw some spare change at him. He could've been kept but management threw their arms in the air and wished him the best.

Both Ennis and Hannant wanted to stay, but were told they weren't wanted so Bennett helped them work a deal with the Dogs.

bfoord

Juniors
Are you refering to Eastwood?

The deal was actually with Leeds, the Dogs just threw some spare change at him. He could've been kept but management threw their arms in the air and wished him the best.

Both Ennis and Hannant wanted to stay, but were told they weren't wanted so Bennett helped them work a deal with the Dogs.

not sure about Ennis, but Hannant came to Broncos management with the massive offer from the Bulldogs and said "match it" the Broncos management said we can't get near that offer and wished him luck

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Ennis was told to leave.

Stagg was offered a reasonable deal at the Dogs. Where as the Broncos basically wanted him out.

Eastwood was offered an awesome deal and Bruno said congratulations and released him from his final year of his contract.

Thats a shame about Stagg i thought he was going to be a reall good player for us. Personally i think Bruno needs to go. If your information is correct (i'm not in a position to doubt you) why would you tell a player like Ennis to leave. And why would you release Eastwood. I was really looking forward to him as Carrols Replacement.

But on the team it would have to be mind games naming Glenn at Lock and Gillet in the centers. Gillet could be so dangerous in the centre of the field with his off-loading ability. In my opinion it's a huge risk naming Folau, Yow Yeh and Kenny. Mainly because i'm not fully convinced they would have had the chance to recover properly especially Folau. I'm alright with Hoffman at fullback it's his natural position unlike Norman who is normally a Five-Eight.

Hopefully i can get up to Brisbane for this game (I live in sydney :() Should be an interesting game.

Nevcost

Juniors
What the? Henjak doesn't have two second rowers on the bench this week, he's starting one at front row. That's great Sims is dropped for someone who makes the same amount of metres in four games that he makes in 1. Good to see Lui in there I reckon he may be a little green but he did put in a good performance and did deserve to be in there somewhere. As for Hoffman what did he do to warrant selection at fullback?

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Thats a shame about Stagg i thought he was going to be a reall good player for us. Personally i think Bruno needs to go. If your information is correct (i'm not in a position to doubt you) why would you tell a player like Ennis to leave. And why would you release Eastwood. I was really looking forward to him as Carrols Replacement.

But on the team it would have to be mind games naming Glenn at Lock and Gillet in the centers. Gillet could be so dangerous in the centre of the field with his off-loading ability. In my opinion it's a huge risk naming Folau, Yow Yeh and Kenny. Mainly because i'm not fully convinced they would have had the chance to recover properly especially Folau. I'm alright with Hoffman at fullback it's his natural position unlike Norman who is normally a Five-Eight.

Hopefully i can get up to Brisbane for this game (I live in sydney :() Should be an interesting game.

Yeah, well you should try. If not, you should be our NSW's correspondent.

beads6

First Grade
I don't for one second like starting our best 2 props on the bench. I would probably start with Kenny and Dodds and bring Anderson and Lui on after 2o mins. Also why are we bothering with Setu?? Our weakness has been defence all season yet we continue to play Setu who lets in more trys than anyone. I love the fact Hoffman is at fullback watch him play on sunday he will carve up i have no doubt.

Country Bronco

Juniors
By the looks of this weeks team. Noones spot is assured this season. So if wallace plays sh*t this weekend he too should play qcup next week along with andersen and setu.

bron_cos

Juniors
My team would be
1. Hoffman
2. Winterstein
3. Glenn
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Wallace
8. Sims
9. McCullough
10.Kenny
11.Teo
12.Thaiday
13.Gillett
Interchange:
14. Lui
15. Setu
16. Scott Anderson
17. Norman

beads6

First Grade
My team would be
1. Hoffman
2. Winterstein
3. Glenn
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Wallace
8. Sims
9. McCullough
10.Kenny
11.Teo
12.Thaiday
13.Gillett
Interchange:
14. Lui
15. Setu
16. Scott Anderson
17. Norman

Swap Dodds for Setu and Hunt for Norman and I think your spot on.. I'd have Dodds starting though and Sims on the bench.

screeder

Juniors
I'd say Gillett and Glenn will swap around a bit and the starting props may be swapped but i'd be happy with Dodds and Lui starting after what they did last week. Looks like Setu is rewarded for a much improved game last week especially the unbelievable work he did in the first 15 minutes.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Listen up soft c**ks.

The Caxton before.

I will have the jaws shirt on.

Come give me sh*t.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It's OK my wife could say "no" to robbie williams.

Cornerstander gets points for effort, happy to buy him a beer, before he sells his arse.

Latest posts