What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Panthers vs Raiders

Iamback

Coach
I’ve no idea, I like Kenny you don’t rate him. So be it. Trust the powers that be they know better than you or Smug-that is a given.

Given before 2019 Kenny was a lock
Since then Api has been hooker...

Safe to say that he isn't

Original Name

Juniors
What Kenny has for everything he lacks is true dedication and toughness. He'll improve the same way Edwards improved with that attitude. Whether that'll be enough to be enough to be a grand final winning hooker in the short term is another question.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
What Kenny has for everything he lacks is true dedication and toughness. He'll improve the same way Edwards improved with that attitude. Whether that'll be enough to be enough to be a grand final winning hooker in the short term is another question.

Well said. Hard work and grit often beats talent that perhaps cuts corners.

Kilkenny

Coach
Given before 2019 Kenny was a lock
Since then Api has been hooker...

Safe to say that he isn't
You just keep serving it up to Gus and Trent, you have a real issue, your obsession with both is rather concerning.

You suggest you think it is rather fun to make jokes of Trent Barrett, all good but seriously mate you have a problem with both Trent and Gus. You really have some issues. Get over it.

age.s

First Grade
You just keep serving it up to Gus and Trent, you have a real issue, your obsession with both is rather concerning.

You suggest you think it is rather fun to make jokes of Trent Barrett, all good but seriously mate you have a problem with both Trent and Gus. You really have some issues. Get over it.
Franklin pretty much just talks footy. You're the one getting weird and personal.

Crashtest

Juniors
unless we pull a rabbit from a hat with signing a hooker. Yep down to Manly level being top 6 but not much more
Since the start of the 2020 season, we have averaged winning over 80% of games when Kenny has started at hooker.

An 80% wining rate is still good enough to make top 4. So if we have to go with Kenny at hooker and Luke as back up in 2023 I am still confident we can finish top 4 and at least be challenging for another tile.

Crashtest

Juniors
Panthers without Api and the Maggi noodle fraud are 6th at most.
Not when you consider we will still have the Blues 7, 6 and 13. Plus Fish, Crichton,To’o, Edwards, Martin, etc etc.

I just can’t see us dropping lower than top 4 given the quality of the remaining squad, the strength of our defence, fitness of the players, the winning culture of the club and Ivan as coach.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Since the start of the 2020 season, we have averaged winning over 80% of games when Kenny has started at hooker.

An 80% wining rate is still good enough to make top 4. So if we have to go with Kenny at hooker and Luke as back up in 2023 I am still confident we can finish top 4 and at least be challenging for another tile.

Very small sample size.

though lets use that. The side as a whole is 90% win record over the same period.

10% worse off across the season is 2-3 extra losses and gets the side 4-6 on the ladder

Iamback

Coach
Not when you consider we will still have the Blues 7, 6 and 13. Plus Fish, Crichton,To’o, Edwards, Martin, etc etc.

I just can’t see us dropping lower than top 4 given the quality of the remaining squad, the strength of our defence, fitness of the players, the winning culture of the club and Ivan as coach.

You don't think Api draws defenders in?

If teams sit back. He scoots

If defenders have the halves covered. He can ball play

Crashtest

Juniors
Very small sample size.

though lets use that. The side as a whole is 90% win record over the same period.

10% worse off across the season is 2-3 extra losses and gets the side 4-6 on the ladder
No mate, winning over 80% of games would keep us top 4. Just looking at the same 2020 and 2021 period as a comparison:

- In 2020, Storm came 2nd with 80%, Eels came 3rd with 75%, and Roosters came 4th with 70%.

- In 2021, Souths came 3rd with 83%. Manly came 4th with 67%

If you can keep in top 4, you get your home final and a second chance, so that keeps you in with a shot of making another grand final.

Crashtest

Juniors
You don't think Api draws defenders in?

If teams sit back. He scoots

If defenders have the halves covered. He can ball play
I am not saying Api won’t be a loss, I rate him highly and was disappointed when he signed with the Tigers.

I just don’t agree with you that we will drop out of top 4 and be no chance of making another grand final in 2023 without him.

We have too many other positives even without Api, as mentioned in my post above, to drop that far in one season.

Iamback

Coach
No mate, winning over 80% of games would keep us top 4. Just looking at the same 2020 and 2021 period as a comparison:

- In 2020, Storm came 2nd with 80%, Eels came 3rd with 75%, and Roosters came 4th with 70%.

- In 2021, Souths came 3rd with 83%. Manly came 4th with 67%

If you can keep in top 4, you get your home final and a second chance, so that keeps you in with a shot of making another grand final.

those years are outliers due to how poor other teams were.

Look at the 2018 ladder. 1 and 8 were seperated by 4 points we are getting towards that stage again.

FTR Storm too will go back to the pack. Instead of the 2 stand outs it go to being 6 or so again.

Iamback

Coach
I am not saying Api won’t be a loss, I rate him highly and was disappointed when he signed with the Tigers.

I just don’t agree with you that we will drop out of top 4 and be no chance of making another grand final in 2023 without him.

We have too many other positives even without Api, as mentioned in my post above, to drop that far in one season.

Sharks and Cows on the way up. Roosters too.
It will be a much better closer standard next year.
Will take time to reboot the side

age.s

First Grade
I'm still scarred by the finals match at Penrith in 2010. Flash hits the post from a sideline conversion that would have sent the game to extra time. Survive that and we get a week off, some troops back and who knows what might have happened in weeks 3 and 4.

Latest posts