What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Panthers vs Raiders

maple_69

Bench
I think we need to win another prem in the next few years and probably make a few grand finals to surpass those legendary Eels, Broncos and Raiders teams. I absolutely think they have it in them to match/exceed the GFs, titles and minor premierships trophies and they’ll certainly have the astonishing consistency over those sides.

There’s a few sides in history who have fundamentally changed the way the game is being played/ruled on. Dragons and Storm are just a few examples. I feel like the Panthers could be one of those sides. Our spine isn’t even in their prime and sides are going to need to catch up in terms of the conditioning, standards, relentless effort, speed and power of our side if they want to compete with us. Games gonna look very different in 5 years.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You've got to cater for your audience. The Weekender does it too.
I've never ever seen such a biased article from the weekender.

CT are known for their articles of gross and generalised speculations that involved putting down opposition teams.

It's not rugby league writing even at a basic level. It's fan boy / girl stuff.

I've never ever seen such a biased article from the weekender.

CT are known for their articles of gross and generalised speculations that involved putting down opposition teams.

It's not rugby league writing even at a basic level. It's fan boy / girl stuff.
Can someone that has seen the article please provide a brief summary of what it says? The headline is obviously inflammatory, but this could be just the efforts of the sub-editor looking for clicks.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Can someone that has seen the article please provide a brief summary of what it says? The headline is obviously inflammatory, but this could be just the efforts of the sub-editor looking for clicks.

Basically the article drags up the Crighton incident from 12 months ago. Make inflamatory statements about Penrith being cocky and bullies with their post try celebrations.

All that rubbish from 12 months ago.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You're pretty soft if that article upsets you

Smug you have no idea what does or doesn't 'upset me' as you so quaintly put it.

Nothing in rugby league upsets me as such, or within Penrith Panthers.

I save being upset for things that actually matter in my life. (rugby league in my life is a bit of fun, a hobby)

Like struggling to walk, having real issues with my pain level (arthritis), my daughters ongoing issues with heart. Now these are the things that 'upset me'.

I hope you get my drift.

Not what some bitter fan boy / girl writes as an opinion piece.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Basically the article drags up the Crighton incident from 12 months ago. Make inflamatory statements about Penrith being cocky and bullies with their post try celebrations.

All that rubbish from 12 months ago.
Let me guess, no mention of other teams doing the same?

Girds89

Bench
Soni Luke looks to be edging closer to a first grade debut.
Hope he can make a go of fg.

Hes obviously the plan moving forward.

Hes attack is all class.. very crafty..

Defence has always been his problem.. im just not sure he is up to the rigours of being a top nro hooker defensivley.

Api id say is the best defensive 9 in the comp quite easily.

Hes line speed and tackle technique is seriously incredible...

Kenny is a great defender too.

Im just not convinced soni is up to making 30+ tackles on a weekly basis and not missing half a dozen every week.

Also he just isnt that durable..

Hope he can prove me wrong as id love to see him do well but i just cant see it.

At best his a 14 who comes on for impact at 9 for 15/20mins a game

Smug Panther

First Grade

Defence has always been his problem.. im just not sure he is up to the rigours of being a top nro hooker defensivley.

Im just not convinced soni is up to making 30+ tackles on a weekly basis and not missing half a dozen every week.

Hope he can prove me wrong as id love to see him do well but i just cant see it.

Ideally I'd like to see at least 3-4 full games of first grade this year to see if he's up to it. I don't believe he is

soc123_au

Staff member
Lomax imo crossed the line by jumping all over Frizell. It was just a bit too far. The first player I recall seeing pull an opposing player into the post try celebrations was Kenny Edwards at Parra. Did it a few times from memory. I thought it was pretty funny at the time. I dont recall much if any hoopla over it though. I think it's great that PENRITH!! are living that deep in every merkins head that they are still dredging it up. Keep on hating f**kers, we will keep winning.

Fangs

Coach
We already know what Kenny has to offer so just play him as soon as Kenny/Korisau go down. Need to see what he can do.

Kilkenny

Coach

We‘ll never know till he gets an opportunity whether by design or injury/illness. I know NSW Cup is no where near the intensity or speed of NRL but he has been playing big minutes and seems to have coped fairly well. We shouldn’t expect him to equal what Api does in defence, his skill set is different, he also has a decent kicking game if he was ever called upon for an attacking short kick etc. If Api is carrying a niggling injury perhaps now is a good time to see what he can do.

Latest posts