What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Panthers vs Raiders

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think I'll wait till I see Luke in NRL before jumping to any conclusions about what he can or can't do.

I can clearly remember many saying that Biizza couldn't possibly make it in NRL because of his height.

Same was said about Preston Campbell when he came to Penrith and played 5/8th.

In fact a couple of years ago Luai's defensive ability was questioned by many as a stumbling block to an NRL careeer.

I've noticed one thing that many players step up when surrounded by high quality players. That's why blokes like Scotty S and Matty Eisn have thrived at Penrith. A good system, with talented players around them.

Smug Panther

First Grade
2023 will be a down year I think. After going back to back we'll need to go to market and wait for a few juniors

Girds89

Bench
I think I'll wait till I see Luke in NRL before jumping to any conclusions about what he can or can't do.

I can clearly remember many saying that Biizza couldn't possibly make it in NRL because of his height.

Same was said about Preston Campbell when he came to Penrith and played 5/8th.

In fact a couple of years ago Luai's defensive ability was questioned by many as a stumbling block to an NRL careeer.

I've noticed one thing that many players step up when surrounded by high quality players. That's why blokes like Scotty S and Matty Eisn have thrived at Penrith. A good system, with talented players around them.
Luai has always been a good defender??

Girds89

Bench
As i said im happy for a soni to get a chance.

Im just not convinced he has the d to be a real solid 9 at nrl level..

Api leads our forwards for line speed and his tackle effiecency is first rate.

I know you cant just replace him but we have built our team around our defence.. we are one of the best defensive teams in history.

Bringing in a hooker who misses 5 or 6 tackles game changes that..

5 or 6 misses in the nrl is 1 or 2 tries in the middle

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Luai has always been a good defender??

Not going to argue with you. But that's not correct.

When Luai first came into grade, he wasn't considered a wonderful defender. It is something he learnt with maturity.

(I have no desire to dig round old articles or stats to prove you wrong either.......so I'll leave it here.)

Girds89

Bench
Not going to argue with you. But that's not correct.

When Luai first came into grade, he wasn't considered a wonderful defender. It is something he learnt with maturity.

(I have no desire to dig round old articles or stats to prove you wrong either.......so I'll leave it here.)
Nope..hes always been a good defender.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Stupid is as stupid does. Quote from Forest Gump the movie, equally applies to your comment and Smug Panther.

Braindead, both of you.
Good chat grumpy. Api is best hooker in the game in the FORM OF HIS LIFE. That sort of hole isn't some easy fix. Luai has also always had Kikau attracting 2 or 3 defenders, he'll need to change his game. I think we'll finsh 4th - 6th as things stand

Girds89

Bench
Good chat grumpy. Api is best hooker in the game in the FORM OF HIS LIFE. That sort of hole isn't some easy fix. Luai has also always had Kikau attracting 2 or 3 defenders, he'll need to change his game. I think we'll finsh 4th - 6th as things stand
I tend to think api offers more for us with his line speed and defence than he does in attack.

Hes a good crafty hooker. But he doesnt run or playmake anywhere near as much as other 9s..

Not because he isnt great at it.. just becuase yeo and cleary neglect the need for him to..

Hes going to be hard to replace but i think we will be ok..

When we won in 03 we needed priddis to be crafty. Sattler wasnt like yeo.. wesser had less ball skills than edwards. All our forwards had less ball skills than our current guys.

I think we are still ok with kenny at 9.. kenny can match what api does in defence. In attack a little more pressure gets added to yeo, nath luai but they can handle that

Smug Panther

First Grade
I tend to think api offers more for us with his line speed and defence than he does in attack.

Hes a good crafty hooker. But he doesnt run or playmake anywhere near as much as other 9s..

Not because he isnt great at it.. just becuase yeo and cleary neglect the need for him to..

Hes going to be hard to replace but i think we will be ok..

When we won in 03 we needed priddis to be crafty. Sattler wasnt like yeo.. wesser had less ball skills than edwards. All our forwards had less ball skills than our current guys.

I think we are still ok with kenny at 9.. kenny can match what api does in defence. In attack a little more pressure gets added to yeo, nath luai but they can handle that
Kenny is a legit 14, I really don't think he can start at 9, I'd love to be wrong.
Api underplays his attack here because thats what the team requires

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m far from grump mate.

It is what it is. Suck it up. Support the team.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I’m far from grump mate.

It is what it is. Suck it up. Support the team.
I do nothing but support the team. I was on this site allll the through the Elliott years just like you. Open honest discussion about the team and sport we love is never a bad thing

Kilkenny

Coach
I do nothing but support the team. I was on this site allll the through the Elliott years just like you. Open honest discussion about the team and sport we love is never a bad thing
Happy days. I’m always open to debate, honest discussion.

My opinions are mine, yours are yours, it is what it is.

It‘s no big deal, I just think there is a future beyond Api even if you don’t.

Were not going to go from contenders to pretenders because Api is no longer with us. The brains trust at the club are far smarter than that, there not totally stupid.

If they believe Kenny/Luke or one of the juniors aren’t up to it they will be active in the market.

Lets wait and see before we start making stupid statements @bout not being competitive for a top four spot in 2023..

Latest posts