What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Raiders

Y'know, I think I want Hunt out even more than Griffin.
His game management and vision is negligible. All he has are the Hail Mary plays, like 40/20's and those crossfield kicks early in the set. His bombs have no spin on them, his long kicks almost never find grass and he has seemingly forgotten how to try and get a repeat set with a deft grubber. Not to mention his habit of throwing at least 6 deadset hospital passes every 40 minutes.
And I'm sick of his put-upon facial expression.
For that amount of money I want a leader, a thinker. Not someone with a Tanah Boyd level of footballing grey matter between his ears.

Last edited:

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
I think we are trying but lacking in two key areas - or maybe they are two sides of the same coin- : natural talent and killer instinct. We have a smattering of each but clearly not enough to propel us over the winning line.
Too many times today (and against the Titans) we created chances to "go for jugular" or "land the killer blow" but were either asleep at the wheel (fatigued?) or lacking the natural talent to either see or seize the opportunity.
Until we address the mediocrity, I'm not expecting much to change, unfortunately.
PS How many times was it...four times?....Hunt tried a short goal line drop out to Cotric and got the same result four times, i.e. Canberra ball each time. It seemed like Hunt was in auto pilot today.....it's dissappointing but in the end, its only a footy game.

Woeful game management

Woeful completion rate

Woeful goal kicking

Woeful referring

Woeful passing from dummy half by Mbye stifles the attack

Zero creativity

Mauga man of the match

Giffin either doesn’t know the interchange rules or needs a massive uppercut.

Two consecutive weeks we have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory

cannot stand watching the side run out in the red rag

Time to appoint Brownie as Roster Manager and if necessary interim coach

Bye Bye Anthony, the team is not playing for you, best the Board puts you out of your misery come Tuesday.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Agree but what can you do with a top 30 group of players that are really not up to scratch? 59% completion rate will never win you a football game at this level no matter how poor the opponent is
I contend the completion rates and the conversion rates will be immediately lifted under a new regime, even with the same roster , these things are mostly confidence issues at this level and this coach does not instill the required confidence in anyone. He is ruining Liddle, he had done little for Amone, Sullivan will be a basket case by the time he has finished with him and god help us, keep him well away from the Couchman brothers.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Y'know, I think I want Hunt out even more than Griffin.
His game management and vision is negligible. All he has are the Hail Mary plays, like 40/20's and those crossfield kicks early in the set. His bombs have no spin on them, his long kicks almost never find grass and he has seemingly forgotten how to try and get a repeat set with a deft grubber. Not to mention his habit of throwing at least 6 deadset hospital passes every 40 minutes.
And I'm sick of his put-upon facial expression.
For that amount of money I want a leader, a thinker. Not someone with a Tanah Boyd level of footballing grey matter between his ears.
Nailed it, particularly the bit about the facial expression, he is asking to lose with that look he carries around.

BLM01

First Grade
"Dragons burning an interchange before kick-off after Moses Mbye ran onto the field instead of Jacob Liddle, which wasn't official in the team lists pre-game".
Says it all
Ben Haran who sits on the sideline. Step down now from your post. It might not of been your fault but you oversee all this.

TruSaint

Referee
"Dragons burning an interchange before kick-off after Moses Mbye ran onto the field instead of Jacob Liddle, which wasn't official in the team lists pre-game".
Says it all
Ben Haran who sits on the sideline. Step down now from your post. It might not of been your fault but you oversee all this.

Says it all really.
We cant even send out the right players to start a game.
Pathetic bunch of morons.

jeffdragon

Bench
I think we are trying but lacking in two key areas - or maybe they are two sides of the same coin- : natural talent and killer instinct. We have a smattering of each but clearly not enough to propel us over the winning line.
Too many times today (and against the Titans) we created chances to "go for jugular" or "land the killer blow" but were either asleep at the wheel (fatigued?) or lacking the natural talent to either see or seize the opportunity.
Until we address the mediocrity, I'm not expecting much to change, unfortunately.
PS How many times was it...four times?....Hunt tried a short goal line drop out to Cotric and got the same result four times, i.e. Canberra ball each time. It seemed like Hunt was in auto pilot today.....it's dissappointing but in the end, its only a footy game.
But ot still friggin hurts when you look forward all off season to it.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I was at the leagues club today. The tally showed there are around 13,700 members this year. There are roughly around 20,000 each year. That’s how shit this club is. So many disillusioned supporters including myself who don’t want to spend good $$$ to watch these bunch of dickheads lose week in and week out

2010Dragons

Bench
Can anyone confirm, are the Dragons the dumbest team in the NRL?
Everyone knows Hudson Young is well known to have perfected the art of one on one strip.
Why does Jack Deblin deliberately hold the Raider player's foot and give away the dumbest penalty.
Then the Dumbass Dragons players all just look and allow the softest try of the game.
On the last play of the game, Ben Hunt passing to the slowest forward in history, if he passes the ball to the backline we have a more than average chance to score and tie the game up.

Are these players dumb or are they just deliberately making these errors to push Hook out of his job.
I think its a bit of both. The fix is in, Hook has lost the sheds and the players are dumb and useless.
Sack the lot of them now.

Illusion

Bench
Everyone knows Hudson Young is well known to have perfected the art of one on one strip.
Why does Jack Deblin deliberately hold the Raider player's foot and give away the dumbest penalty.
Then the Dumbass Dragons players all just look and allow the softest try of the game.
On the last play of the game, Ben Hunt passing to the slowest forward in history, if he passes the ball to the backline we have a more than average chance to score and tie the game up.

Are these players dumb or are they just deliberately making these errors to push Hook out of his job.
I think its a bit of both. The fix is in, Hook has lost the sheds and the players are dumb and useless.
I'll confirm it "THEY ARE THE DUMBEST TEAM" .......

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

They are dumb...However, Hunt knew that if he throws the ball out the back the dragons may score in the corner. Which means that Lomax would have had the chance to tie the game from the conversion...Hunt knew that Lomax couldn't kick a conversion if his life depended on it. So he said f**k it, and ended the game then and there.

steerlerbab

Juniors
If next Tuesday the board unites, pays off Griffin, appoints interim coach and starts negotiations for new coach for 2024/2025 and recruitment manager so that planning can start for 2024, then we will start moving in the right direction. Otherwise, it will be the same story next week and week after until this is sorted out.

jeffdragon

Bench

Young deliberately grabbed one of our players foot when he was tackled as our player was going back in the defensive line.
He is a fcking grub.