What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Souths

Fangs

Coach
Wonder what the Gould effect will have on the side V Souths. Scenarios like this usually don't end well.

I predict negative.

Though we did have 65 minutes of good football against the Sharks. If we are honest it was our best performance of the year so far. I think some tactical blunders from our coach cost us in the end (Plus our awful fitness).

I don't see our improvement being linear. The Gould thing plus big changes in the backline will see us lose this one.

GongPanther

Referee
I predict negative.

Though we did have 65 minutes of good football against the Sharks. If we are honest it was our best performance of the year so far. I think some tactical blunders from our coach cost us in the end (Plus our awful fitness).

I don't see our improvement being linear. The Gould thing plus big changes in the backline will see us lose this one.
If there is anything positive from Gould's departure (and remember, he still might see out this season) is his constant bickering about the refs which IMO, has had many vindictive reactions from the NRL.

Fangs

Coach
If there is anything positive from Gould's departure (and remember, he still might see out this season) is his constant bickering about the refs which IMO, has had many vindictive reactions from the NRL.

Yeah well on another note why the hell announce anything about it? I guess because we are a leaky ship.

The ref situation might help us when we are a decent football side.

Pomoz

Bench
Perhaps, just perhaps, all the team changes are because Gus no longer has say?
Maybe, but Gus has a track record of success when coaching and so I don't think dropping players is something he struggles with. Ivan on the other hand...Although I am pleased to see he has made changes this week. Aekins maybe small, but he is fast and we do need some pace.

Kilkenny

Coach
Isn't the reason he's going because he hasn't had a say all year?

Shame Gould hasn’t had a say in the make up of the team so far this season.

I have no issues with Aekins getting a call up but in NSW Cup on the weekend he plays 5/8 and Edwards plays fullback. If he was under consideration for promotion to the top grade why would you not play him at fullback. Makes zero sense.

Clearly Sele is guilty of more than just not setting his alarm properly. He was decent for us in his top grade appearances and one of our best in NSW Cup on the weekend.

franklin2323

Immortal
Shame Gould hasn’t had a say in the make up of the team so far this season.

I have no issues with Aekins getting a call up but in NSW Cup on the weekend he plays 5/8 and Edwards plays fullback. If he was under consideration for promotion to the top grade why would you not play him at fullback. Makes zero sense.

Clearly Sele is guilty of more than just not setting his alarm properly. He was decent for us in his top grade appearances and one of our best in NSW Cup on the weekend.

It makes sense if you want to see his ballplaying skills. One way to guarantee he gets chances that way

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
If an injury depleted Warriors team can get within a point away in Melbourne, there is no reason we can’t roll the Rabbits. Time for Cleary Sr. to start showing he was worth all the bullshit to get him back.

mxlegend99

Referee
If an injury depleted Warriors team can get within a point away in Melbourne, there is no reason we can’t roll the Rabbits. Time for Cleary Sr. to start showing he was worth all the bullshit to get him back.
Let's be honest... Warriors actually beat Storm. They just couldn't beat the refs.

Storm drop the ball and are rewarded for their mistake with a penalty to level the game. Absolute bullshit. Sick of seeing teams helped across the line when they can't do it on their own.

Latest posts