What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

Black Magik

Juniors
Not sure how you blame a centre when they wont pass him the ball. VERY easy to blame the other centre who is simply past it
3 line breaks down his side. Too slow and not agile enough imo.

Whare seemed to be protecting Crichton I thought.

To me the whole team was slow and the aggressive defense wasn't there. Off loads happening because the tackles were soft.

martielang

Bench
Very crazy. Maloney played well above his level to beat the Cows. Are we here to win comps or not? Nathan does his knee again and its over...we learned nothing

We are here to win the comp & to give us the best chance of doing that you need to win games, so why would you change a winning formula? We lose again next week then I think you look at it but I can’t personally see him changing our line up based on a very poor team performance.

If Cleary goes down again, May will be first cab off the rank you’d think, so everything currently is about results.

I personally think A bigger issue for us is the Hooker role. I don’t think we can win it with Wallace at 9.

We are here to win the comp & to give us the best chance of doing that you need to win games, so why would you change a winning formula? We lose again next week then I think you look at it but I can’t personally see him changing our line up based on a very poor team performance.

If Cleary goes down again, May will be first cab off the rank you’d think, so everything currently is about results.

I personally think A bigger issue for us is the Hooker role. I don’t think we can win it with Wallace at 9.
Well anyone watching out games must see us lift when Katoa comes on....and he's meh. Egan is the one

Pomoz

Bench
For a team that's shit, we managed to score the same number of tries. The forwards tried hard, but our backline really looked clunky today. With CHN and Whare we must have the two slowest centres in the competition. Whare has lost a few metres of pace and really does look pedestrian. Somebody said CHN isn't agile enough, he is plenty agile enough, but you still need the raw speed to chase somebody and he was burnt for pace.

I thought Peachey was ok at 6 but the question is whether we would be better with him at centre and Luai at six? It gives us a bit more pace and then we have another gun backrower on the bench.

To lose by a penalty kick at Shark Park, with as many players out as we had was a good outcome. We have lost two games and both of them by a small margin.

I find it crazy how quickly some people are willing to turn on players, in particular Crichton. He’s done a very solid job so far, made some positive contributions, as soon as he has a stinker (& he did) the pitchforks are out for him.

That happens with young guys who haven’t proven themselves yet.

I’d rate him a pass mark so far, wouldn’t drop him, but if he has another game like that next week then I’d be looking at options. But truth is we don’t have many.

3 line breaks down his side. Too slow and not agile enough imo.

Whare seemed to be protecting Crichton I thought.

To me the whole team was slow and the aggressive defense wasn't there. Off loads happening because the tackles were soft.

Whare was playing the opposite side to Chricton?

Puntoue

Juniors
If we had a gun winger like Dave limo Simmons we would of won by 20...

Dunno why you’re knocking Simmo mate.

You can have all the talent in the world but Simmons had something most coaches dream their players would have, a footy brain.

He wasn’t the most naturally gifted player, but he knew how to read a game, where to position himself and what his teammates were thinking (how many Luke Walsh cross field kicks did he score off in early tackle sets?) and that’s priceless. No shit players score 100+ tries.

Anywho, enough about Simmons and more about today.

Bad luck pennies. Both teams depleted with injuries (although channel 9 and Foxtel seemed to miss this) so I don’t think the loss should worrie you guys too much. I dunno if you guys have another option but you gotta get Peachey out of the half’s, did Maloney zero favours today. Also Merrin and Tamou are poo, RCG makes up for it with his stache tho.

You fellas will make the eight, I’m just hoping we do aswell.

David brown

Juniors
Dunno why you’re knocking Simmo mate.

You can have all the talent in the world but Simmons had something most coaches dream their players would have, a footy brain.

He wasn’t the most naturally gifted player, but he knew how to read a game, where to position himself and what his teammates were thinking (how many Luke Walsh cross field kicks did he score off in early tackle sets?) and that’s priceless. No shit players score 100+ tries.

Anywho, enough about Simmons and more about today.

Bad luck pennies. Both teams depleted with injuries (although channel 9 and Foxtel seemed to miss this) so I don’t think the loss should worrie you guys too much. I dunno if you guys have another option but you gotta get Peachey out of the half’s, did Maloney zero favours today. Also Merrin and Tamou are poo, RCG makes up for it with his stache tho.

You fellas will make the eight, I’m just hoping we do aswell.
I wasn't bagging simmo at all, I love that merkin...

Karnivayne

Juniors
The Frog's Ratings

Edwards 6
Watene-Zelezniak 7
Whare 6
Harawira-Naera 6
Crichton 4
Peachey 6
Maloney 7
Merrin 6
Wallace 6
Campbell-Gillard 8
Yeo 8
Fisher-Harris 7

Leota 7
Tamou 6
Hetherington 5
Katoa 6

Tamou 3
Hetherington 4
Peach 4
Whare 2
Wallace 3

and thats being generous...

mxlegend99

Referee
Leota was solid. A number of strong hitups from him. Tamou and Wallace were badly beaten for tries, Whare got it out to DWZ once for a try but the Sharks had things covered every other time, and he went back inside. Surely that was the game plan anyway, to try to beat the Sharks in the middle third. There wasn't enough of this.

Merrin was OK but the high shot on Moylan seemed personal and killed our chances of winning the game. He gave away penalties at crucial stages, this needs to stop.
Leota was fine.

Tamou is a f**king waste of cap space.been a while since i saw a player defend that pootly in out front row.

He sbd awhsre were shockinglh bad. On opposite sides of the ball. But they combined to kill us.

TheFrog

Coach
I dunno if you guys have another option but you gotta get Peachey out of the half’s
Not really. Two more games, that's all., and Cleary will be back. Panic is not called for after a close loss. He wasn't that bad anyway, but we all know he isn'y a half.

kinghippo

Juniors
Not really. Two more games, that's all., and Cleary will be back. Panic is not called for after a close loss. He wasn't that bad anyway, but we all know he isn'y a half.
They said in the Chanel nine commentary that Griffin said Cleary is 6 weeks away, hopefully that isn’t true.

Last edited:

Latest posts