What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Eels

Gareth67

First Grade
Well O.K. I will put my hand up and say that I thought Lats was the next best thing to slice bread , he had a job to do and he done it , a sort of no frills style about him . However there comes a time when the shelf-life expires on all perishables and unfortunately for Latts that time is definitely now .

Our illustrious maestro must now realized that there are other , better options available to him and would be absolutely bird brain crazy to ever consider Jeremy for the top grade again. He cannot LOSE any more games due to his incapacity to think clearly as a top line coach - Bellamy - Bennett or even Stuart would .

I sometimes wonder if Mary’s philosophy is “ well if I can’t get it done this season I will still have next season and the season after - hell why rush it ? “

Last edited:

Dragonsamy

Bench
Is there such a thing as too many Boag’s?

I wouldn’t have thought so.

Speaking of JB, its recently relaunched St.George has well exceeded expectations...it looks as though current supply will be exhausted by September. If so, there’s a reasonable chance it will become a permanent fixture for years to come.

A perfect refresher following a Dragons’ win.

Now, it just needs to get to the mainland.

Jimmy
Mybe you should import some up here.
It may be a good money spinner

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Well O.K. I will put my hand up and say that I thought Lats was the next best thing to slice bread , he had a job to do and he done it , a sort of no frills style about him . However there comes a time when the shelf-life expires on all perishables and unfortunately for Latts that time is definitely now .

Our illustrious maestro must now realized that there are other , better options available to him and would be absolutely bird brain crazy to ever consider Jeremy for the top grade again. He cannot LOSE any more games due to his incapacity to think clearly as a top line coach - Bellamy - Bennett or even Stuart would .

I sometimes wonder if Mary’s philosophy is “ well if I can’t get it done this season I will still have next season and the season after - hell why rush it ? “

Personally, I feel that ANY player who has gone through more clubs than Tiger Woods is a liability, either due not being NRL standard and/or is troublesome due to off field discretions.

Latimore fits comfortably in one of these areas.

Unfortunately, he will always be picked while McIdiot is the “coach”. A player of Latimore’s calibre...and I use the term loosely...fits into his conservatism.

Dragonsamy

Bench
I though last year he was doing a reasonable job earlier in the year. But now he seems to be getting slower I think his knee must be playing up because it's always strapped before every game. With the Young Guns lucky Lowrie and host going so well.
Time to say thanks for coming last see you.
I would give Timms or Kerr a go.
Even allgood

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Boag’s St George only tastes good when it’s consumed in Wollongong..

possm

Coach
I was one who defended his role in the team earlier in the season as no-frills and dependable. I believe I also acknowledged that he was a bit of a plodder. unfortunately the last two weeks he has not been dependable. I’d now prefer to see one of the young blokes get a run. In fact I would have preferred to see one of them get a run against the Roosters. I definitely never “championed his inclusion” or “harangued” anyone about him. He just ain’t the kind of player to stir up that kind of enthusiasm in me.
But Millward signed Lafai and Aitken long term when no one was chasing them. And this year did not recruit a first rate centre to replace Lafai or back him up in case of injury or bad form.

Even with Lomax ready to play at 3, Mary opts for turnstile Aiken. What with our wingers not performing over the past two weeks and no replacement in sight it's a real MESS.

possm

Coach

Do you honestly think that is what Mary is thinking? I'd say the deal has been done and all favours repaid. Mary gets his coin whether he coaches full term or is sacked tomorrow. I believe Mary himself does not believe he can coach our team to a premiership win.

I'm more inclined to believe that Mary will be sacked and take his paintbrush, jet ski and golden handshake as soon as a decent coach puts their hand up to coach the Dragons.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Do you honestly think that is what Mary is thinking? I'd say the deal has been done and all favours repaid. Mary gets his coin whether he coaches full term or is sacked tomorrow. I believe Mary himself does not believe he can coach our team to a premiership win.

I'm more inclined to believe that Mary will be sacked and take is paintbrush, jet ski and golden handshake as soon as a decent coach puts their hand up to coach the Dragons.

Well I hope for once you are right possum , in fact so would countless fans . :flag_black:

Belta

Juniors
I though last year he was doing a reasonable job earlier in the year. But now he seems to be getting slower I think his knee must be playing up because it's always strapped before every game. With the Young Guns lucky Lowrie and host going so well.
Time to say thanks for coming last see you.
I would give Timms or Kerr a go.
Even allgood

I was about to write something very similar to this but after reading yours I needn’t bother.

getsmarty

Immortal
huntb-1gp_0139.jpg

INJURIES

Ben Hunt injury update
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sat 27 Apr 2019, 01:48 PM

St George Illawarra halfback Ben Hunt suffered a shoulder contusion in the Dragons' Anzac Cup clash against the Sydney Roosters on Thursday.

Given the 10-day turnaround at the Dragons' disposal, it is anticipated Hunt will be fit to play the Parramatta Eels at Bankwest Stadium next weekend.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/04/27/ben-hunt-injury-update/

gitano

Juniors

I'm more inclined to believe that Mary will be sacked and take is paintbrush, jet ski and golden handshake as soon as a decent coach puts their hand up to coach the Dragons.
You just couldn't make this stuff up.

Is what I'd say if it wasn't the possm.

Gareth67

First Grade
I can't believe all the Plodimore hate. He should have a statue outside of Jubilee of him punching Cam in the balls.

Just so , one of the highlights of his career that - how we of little faith so quickly forget the great deeds that have been done by the Demi- gods of rugby league , in this instance Jeremy Lattimore !

Insanity, as defined by Einstein, is repeating the same action in anticipation of a different outcome.
Ergo, old Copy/Paste will trot out the same team v the Eels unless injury forces his hand.
If I could force his hand, I would drop Trundles (Latimore), Turnstiles (Aitken) and Butterfingers (Pereira) so that they can spend a bit of time in the second tier getting their acts together.
My 17, for what it's worth (Pi$$ing in the wind is my favourite hobby) would be :
1 Dufty 2 Ravalawa 3 Z Lomax 4 Lafai 5 Pearson 6 Norman 7 Hunt
13 Host 12 T Sims 11 Frizell 10 Vaughan 9 McInnes 8 Graham
14 Lawrie 15 Leilua 16 Ford 17 Field
McInnes does a lot of work and could probably do with a 15 minute spell. I would shift Hunt to dummy-half and run Field at half-back while he has a breather to come back for a final 15-20 burst.
From what I've seen of Ford he is absolutely ready for First grade.
I'm also a big fan of Lawrie, but I would play him as a prop, in rotation with Vaughan and Graham.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Insanity, as defined by Einstein, is repeating the same action in anticipation of a different outcome.
Ergo, old Copy/Paste will trot out the same team v the Eels unless injury forces his hand.
If I could force his hand, I would drop Trundles (Latimore), Turnstiles (Aitken) and Butterfingers (Pereira) so that they can spend a bit of time in the second tier getting their acts together.
My 17, for what it's worth (Pi$$ing in the wind is my favourite hobby) would be :
1 Dufty 2 Ravalawa 3 Z Lomax 4 Lafai 5 Pearson 6 Norman 7 Hunt
13 Host 12 T Sims 11 Frizell 10 Vaughan 9 McInnes 8 Graham
14 Lawrie 15 Leilua 16 Ford 17 Field
McInnes does a lot of work and could probably do with a 15 minute spell. I would shift Hunt to dummy-half and run Field at half-back while he has a breather to come back for a final 15-20 burst.
From what I've seen of Ford he is absolutely ready for First grade.
I'm also a big fan of Lawrie, but I would play him as a prop, in rotation with Vaughan and Graham.
I think we need two props on the bench. Also Hunt is no good defending in the middle.