What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs Roosters ANZAC DAY GAME

Dragon David

First Grade
Switch Hunt to 9 in rotation with Liddle 14. Then sack Hook and hire Hasler.

If Hunt walks, let him go and Hasler has 1m sto pend on a new marquee recruit.

We put in a wholehearted effort today but still too many missed tackles and too many errors. We missed Sullivan at 7 today and Hunt should have been at nine for the opening 30 minutes.
With the results not going our way, Hook has nothing to lose by having the Hunt/Liddle rotation at hooker in the remaining games this season. He won't though the stubborn mule.

Dragon David

First Grade
long time, first time... Being a devoted fan since '75..read many post here, some I agree with, some I don't, however, that's the beauty of being able to express ones opinion. The way I saw it, the boy's tried hard in defence but our attack lacked creativity and structure. I'm just glad the boys had a dig on ANZAC day...
Good for you dragon75. Nice to see your comments and welcome to the Forum. Like many of us, I expected the worst but it wasn't. The boys tried harder than I thought they would and were unfortunately not rewarded with a win, which was a strong possibility if the game was better managed by the captain.

Hope to see more input from you.

jodragon40

Juniors
We had most of the ball 53%, 76% completion rate but 50 missed tackles, that killed us, had an extra man for 10 min for 0 points. Roosters had 26 less runs but made 100+ more mtrs. Which indicates to me that we were not making the advantage line consistently. A check on individual players stat's confirmed this with Lawrie 15 runs for only 106m so that's avg of 7m a hit up and he was our only forward to make 100+ mtrs and that is just not going to win you games. Roosters had 4 forwards run the 100+ mtrs and that ultimately win them the game. We looked more dangerous when Liddle was on but I can't work out why he got 33 min and Mbye 62, and once again 2 bench forwards played limited minutes, Kerr 23 and Hunt 17, you simply can't afford to do that in 1st grade. Next 2 games against the Dogs and Tigers are must win games to avoid slipping into the wooden spoon position.

Spazer

Juniors
Impressed by sloan this year. Noticed opposition teams hold back a bit when sloan gets the ball which is usually the sign of a dangerous player. He's far better than he was last year at least. I think he could have got to the amone kick to win the game but hesitated and that's inexperience.

jodragon40

Juniors
Impressed by sloan this year. Noticed opposition teams hold back a bit when sloan gets the ball which is usually the sign of a dangerous player. He's far better than he was last year at least. I think he could have got to the amone kick to win the game but hesitated and that's inexperience.
I've liked this kid since his junior days especially his attacking prowess. He went looking for the ball today and looked every bit a 1st grader. Imagine how dangerous he would be if we had a half decent pack? My only negative would be his defence needs strengthening.

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
I love Benny Hunt, the man can have some individual moments of brilliance, unfortunately he is not an organiser like a great half back should be even more so if so said half back is also the captain.

As for Hook he has definitely sealed his fate today, Mbye was clearly struggling towards the end of 1st half ( I am being kind, he was struggling within first 20 minute), then for him to start the 2nd half was bewildering to me!

We do have hope coming in the near future, and I hope it happens soon, having Liddle Sullivan Amone and Sloan.

If we get it right with right coach and support staff we will be a powerhouse again!

The Broncos have been shot ducks since 2018, they put their faith in the kids coming through and now those kids are starting to deliver!

jeffdragon

Bench
We had most of the ball 53%, 76% completion rate but 50 missed tackles, that killed us, had an extra man for 10 min for 0 points. Roosters had 26 less runs but made 100+ more mtrs. Which indicates to me that we were not making the advantage line consistently. A check on individual players stat's confirmed this with Lawrie 15 runs for only 106m so that's avg of 7m a hit up and he was our only forward to make 100+ mtrs and that is just not going to win you games. Roosters had 4 forwards run the 100+ mtrs and that ultimately win them the game. We looked more dangerous when Liddle was on but I can't work out why he got 33 min and Mbye 62, and once again 2 bench forwards played limited minutes, Kerr 23 and Hunt 17, you simply can't afford to do that in 1st grade. Next 2 games against the Dogs and Tigers are must win games to avoid slipping into the wooden spoon position. Dont be surprised if we lise the ne t teiOur pack gets the ball.flst footed .
Dont be surprised if they lose the next two.
The pack should be running off the back fence ie Kerr so much size but no nous.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Being 26 all , our halves our captain , have no idea how to get us across the line , said earlier if we had Reynolds or Cleary we win this .......
Yep happens quite often........would have, could have should have I know but tbh the last 3 games....

Titans we lost by 2. ..Lomax failed to convert our last try short kick off by them they re gather and score in dying minutes .....

Raiders we lost by 6....a 2nd rower steals the ball and out runs everyone scores under the post

Roosters we lost by 1.... after scoring 5 tries to 4 and plenty of time to ice a win

Outcome: thats 6 points giving us 12 points and outright 2nd spot on the ladder to date.....as I said last week its not far from the penthouse to the outhouse

justadragon

Bench
We can talk about effort and being proud all day long, the reality is we are 2-5 and 16th on the ladder. I am happy for Sloan, defence needs work, Moga I take my hat off to him. Give Suli space and watch him go. We desperately need some power forwards. There were some really weird comments from Hook in the PC. Hunt has never been and never will be a game manager. Our use of Liddle was diabolical. Its over to the board now, there is nothing left to see and nothing left to consider. Either sign hook for god knows how long or piss him off now and get someone in to start sorting the mess out. We won 12 games last year in my opinion we will go nowhere near that this year, our complete reckoning will come in the next 2 weeks.

hewi

Bench
I can tell you why no forwards get over 100 meters and that is they either take the ball from dummy half standing still or have to stop to catch a poor pass. I don’t think I saw a forward in the first half before I left in disgust run onto the ball from depth with pace.