What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs Roosters ANZAC DAY GAME

qld redvee

Juniors
Gutsy effort and a real great Anzac battle to the end. Plenty of positives, but the negatives probably cost us the game.
Mbye staying on for the entire 1st half was suicidal
Bird needs to run forward not backwards & sideways
Lomax has lost the art of being a decent goal kicker.
agree 100% coffs. i would also add that molo too small for a prop we need size and tui losa ? or fifita should be called up . and once again we dont have a plan B to capatilise on a 1 man advantage instead our piyiful 5 hit ups .

since77

Juniors
First up, well done to the guys for hanging in there. And I was bagging the selection of Moga, but he has been great in his 2 games.
Sloan fantastic. Amone terrible. Sullivan has to be in there, plus he can kick goals. Liddle plays first half, we win that game.
Still a dumb football team who couldn’t tackle a wet paper bag.
Another year wasted with a 2nd rate coach who should have been punted last year.

jeffdragon

Bench
Normally I'm pissed off after a loss because it's usually an effort/commitment thing.
Today It feels different. There are many positives to take from today. Sloan was fantastic and it was great seeing his combo with Amone. Although our defence was still bad we didn't give up. If this team somehow finds a way to get themselves up like today and fix a few things then I can't be disappointed as a fan. Liddle should have come on after 30 minutes. There are green shoots there. If Sullivan is there instead of Hunt our attack would have looked more dangerous today. If Lomax converts one more it's us celebrating a win.
Only get up for Anzac Day that is the problem and still lose a game at their mercy.
What happened in the last two game's v average teams?

Phantom V

Juniors
Normally I'm pissed off after a loss because it's usually an effort/commitment thing.
Today It feels different. There are many positives to take from today. Sloan was fantastic and it was great seeing his combo with Amone. Although our defence was still bad we didn't give up. If this team somehow finds a way to get themselves up like today and fix a few things then I can't be disappointed as a fan. Liddle should have come on after 30 minutes. There are green shoots there. If Sullivan is there instead of Hunt our attack would have looked more dangerous today. If Lomax converts one more it's us celebrating a win.
Happy with the effort today. Shame we couldn’t jag the win. Takeouts from the game,

Sloan was a star. We need to get him involved in most plays and keep the forwards out of our backline.

Despite the usual silly errors in his game, Bird owned JWH and took it to the Roosters pack.

I agree with other posts here regarding Hunt. I’ve never seen him as a marquee player. Lacks game management skills. More of a running hooker for mine. Sullivan would have ran riot today.

thebigredv

First Grade
Take home message of today's ANZAC game is going to get lost in a sea of comments about Dragons effort and Hook's job:

The Roosters are going very ordinary.

Their two points will count for something come the back end of the season. Had we won, we'd just have a bigger buffer from the spoon. The losses are so easy to take these days as fan. That's a real worry.

Last edited:

Phantom V

Juniors
Happy with the effort today. Shame we couldn’t jag the win. Takeouts from the game,

Sloan was a star. We need to get him involved in most plays and keep the forwards out of our backline.

Despite the usual silly errors in his game, Bird owned JWH and took it to the Roosters pack.

I agree with other posts here regarding Hunt. I’ve never seen him as a marquee player. Lacks game management skills. More of a running hooker for mine. Sullivan would have ran riot today.
Oh and forgot to mention the interchange of our hookers.. beggars belief!!

jeffdragon

Bench
The problem with this team is. After they play well and have gotten us a little bit excited, they turn into the same shitty team that look like they only met each other the night before the following week.
After this game a 5 day turn around.
And it going to rain heaps on the weekend.
Last year we win on Anzac Day snd got bt by the Warriors at Kogarah.
We are very flat after Anzac Day.

jeffdragon

Bench
Here’s the thing. If the club thinks he’s their man they should offer him whatever he wants. That’s the difference between our club and the top tier clubs. They get their man and we settle for second best!!
How does Souths afford Wighton?
Have Walker, Cook ,Latrell @ Murray and we have players from 2nd hand Sunday markets.
Souths have 3 mill in that group and all we have is Ben Hunt.

qld redvee

Juniors
Here’s the thing. If the club thinks he’s their man they should offer him whatever he wants. That’s the difference between our club and the top tier clubs. They get their man and we settle for second best!!
phantom
you would think thats a no brainer put a very nice offer in and see what the response is .. we need a coach that will get players running and passing .. and we should only have a max of 2 coaches we want as you said identify and get him

qld redvee

Juniors
How does Souths afford Wighton?
Have Walker, Cook ,Latrell @ Murray and we have players from 2nd hand Sunday markets.
Souths have 3 mill in that group and all we have is Ben Hunt.
jeff
on 360 last night liam martin will be told no offer for 24. thats apparantly 500 thou . and if cap goes up again covers more . brent read on 360 also said they could also back end the final 2 years due to cook and walker retiring ??
obviously souths know how to look forward with rosters

Latest posts