What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs Roosters ANZAC DAY GAME

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Good effort means JACK SHIT wins are all that counts.
They basically outplayed one of the supposed contenders on the big stage, they finally showed they can be brilliant in attack, despite the captain playing an ordinary match and the goal kicker letting us down and some massive defensive lapses in the first half.

If they want to they can build on that, depends on their character. If they lack character that loss will break their hearts. Let’s see, at least we have something to watch in Sloan, he is starting to come of age.

jeffdragon

Bench
jeff
on 360 last night liam martin will be told no offer for 24. thats apparantly 500 thou . and if cap goes up again covers more . brent read on 360 also said they could also back end the final 2 years due to cook and walker retiring ??
obviously souths know how to look forward with rosters
Liam Martin is at Penrith.
Our club are run by a bunch of dheads.

jeffdragon

Bench
They basically outplayed one of the supposed contenders on the big stage, they finally showed they can be brilliant in attack, despite the captain playing an ordinary match and the goal kicker letting us down and some massive defensive lapses in the first half.

If they want to they can build on that, depends on their character. If they lack character that loss will break their hearts. Let’s see, at least we have something to watch in Sloan, he is starting to come of age.
We might have a bit of character but we don't have the nous on how to win a game.
Last 3 shows that.
The next two games, if they lose even one of those that will mean more embarrassment.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Oh and forgot to mention the interchange of our hookers.. beggars belief!!
Hook seriously considers Mbye to be the primary #9 and plays him like that. It’s arguably not even his best position. We quickly put on 3 tries once Liddle finally got out there, 50 minutes in and 20 down. Hook can’t help himself but to make odd choices and stick to it like a mule. Lomax is another example, these games are too crucial to have a clearly out of form goal kicker taking the big ones. A possible 6 competition points lost and nothing yet learned and only a shattered goal kicker to show for it.

Anyway, let’s see how that works out for Hook, he may be right, I wish him the best.

thebigredv

First Grade
We might have a bit of character but we don't have the nous on how to win a game.
Last 3 shows that.
The next two games, if they lose even one of those that will mean more embarrassment.
Last 3 seasons, not the last 3 games. This feature has been intimately tied to Griffin as coach and was one factor that I thought he'd bring - a bit of old school knowledge of how to shut out a match.

Ironically, Norman was the only one that could do the clutch plays mostly because he wasn't much of a thinker and didn't let occasions get better of him. Hunt, and I don't wish to make him the scapegoat, for all his experience let's the mental side get the better of him all the time and he has not really recovered since dropping a grand final.

jeffdragon

Bench
Last 3 seasons, not the last 3 games. This feature has been intimately tied to Griffin as coach and was one factor that I thought he'd bring - a bit of old school knowledge of how to shut out a match.

Ironically, Norman was the only one that could do the clutch plays mostly because he wasn't much of a thinker and didn't let occasions get better of him. Hunt, and I don't wish to make him the scapegoat, for all his experience let's the mental side get the better of him all the time and he has not really recovered since dropping a grand final.

Ironically, Norman was the only one that could do the clutch plays mostly because he wasn't much of a thinker and didn't let occasions get better of him. Hunt, and I don't wish to make him the scapegoat, for all his experience let's the mental side get the better of him all the time and he has not really recovered since dropping a grand final..
As a club and a team we are not in the top class of footy since 2011.
Need the coach change and a few players to go also.

Illusion

Bench
Got annoyed with so many saying oh we were great esp on dragons fb page.
At least here you can be critical without someone telling you your comments a negative
Being a Dragons fan and them delivering a poor record,,
The L are still mounting up and we find dumb ass ways to lose a game we should of won.
Being 26 all , our halves our captain , have no idea how to get us across the line , said earlier if we had Reynolds or Cleary we win this .......

Dragon David

First Grade
Here’s the thing. If the club thinks he’s their man they should offer him whatever he wants. That’s the difference between our club and the top tier clubs. They get their man and we settle for second best!!
We can't afford to have second best for the next coach. He has to be the best. Otherwise, there will be a new thread called "Sack ........" and I wouldn't like to see that. The Board needs to think very long and hard as to who will get the gig. No pussy footing around.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
There is a good football team lurking in this squad.
A few changes in the personnel both on and off the field gives hope for the future.
Happy with the effort today, and looking forward to see Sloan continue to fullfill his potential in the coming seasons.
Dead right, Gould keeps saying he can't understand why the Dragons aren't winning more games...maybe from now on.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Sloan kicks.
How the f**k does he bottle that one.
Can't believe he didn't score.
I don't care about effort. It's the losses that shit me.
ID RATHER THEY GET BT BY 3O THEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN GIVE US A RAY OF HOPE AND LOSE LIKE THAT.
We have blown 3 games this year already.i'm sick of this,games we should win and threw dumb shit we lose.
Ie Bird,changed the channel hoping challenge was good but typically fcking not.
Once again we can all go on leave after the last game in Sept .
LLLLLL..
Vent over.
Effort is what begins the drive, to becoming a good team, hang on for a ride

dragon75

Juniors
long time, first time... Being a devoted fan since '75..read many post here, some I agree with, some I don't, however, that's the beauty of being able to express ones opinion. The way I saw it, the boy's tried hard in defence but our attack lacked creativity and structure. I'm just glad the boys had a dig on ANZAC day...

Latest posts