What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs Roosters ANZAC DAY GAME

jodragon40

Juniors
Why can't our coaching staff take a leaf out of the Bennett playbook? Everyone has their territory to defend, everyone has a partner in defense, everyone plays for each other, and every player trusts their teammate.
Because as I have been consistently saying since 2021 this playing group and board room are divided. Hence our on field performances

Dragon David

First Grade
I am expecting the worst but hoping for the best result. A good solid win will keep Hook running the ship for a bit longer. A bad weak loss will ensure the Board get cracking to have a replacement in place either this year or starting in 2024. Have I covered all my bases? I don't think so as I cannot think of any other scenario today.

jodragon40

Juniors
On our most solemn day my wish apart from being able to see my old man a WWII veteran now long gone but never forgotten is that our team forget their differences, close the obvious divide and just have a fair dinkum dig. Win, lose or draw, if they can just celebrate the fact that they represent not only the massive dragons army but those who fell in a real life and death battles so they can play this game every year. Lest we forget.

jak

Bench
On our most solemn day my wish apart from being able to see my old man a WWII veteran now long gone but never forgotten is that our team forget their differences, close the obvious divide and just have a fair dinkum dig. Win, lose or draw, if they can just celebrate the fact that they represent not only the massive dragons army but those who fell in a real life and death battles so they can play this game every year. Lest we forget.
great post mate.

qld redvee

Juniors
Jo,
Very well said mate and I echo your thoughts and to all those out there that served this great nation I for one salute you and LEST WE FORGET..

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Man I watched the Panthers/Souths game last night, we are so far off that pace either team would have put 50 on us. I believe we were probably close to seeing the 2 GF sides for this year. Anyway I'm not looking forward to the game on ANZAC DAY, it should be a get down in the trenches and fight it out but I have a funny feeling it will be a flogging. I really do hope I'm wrong.
Anzac Day is an emotional occasion and in theory makes the game harder to predict. However, you'd have to say that with a winger who can't wing (Moga), a five eight who can't five ( Amone) and a front row forward who doesn't front (Musgrove), the Dragons are up against it.

mickeylane

Bench
This is very simple...if the players cant get up for this match which is probably the most profile match of the year outside the GF then theyre all f**ked...i expect a very close 60 min game..the Roosetrs should cruise thereafter...BUT i am keeping a little side hope that the Roosters havent got a kicking 5/8 in Manu which means that we wont be pinned back too much in our teritorry as Keary is not a reknowned long kicker of the ball ...definitely has a great short kicking game but not long..

TruSaint

Referee

Yeah , well said mate.

Lately, i'm not that upbeat, and to be brutally honest want changes.

However, this is Anzac day..

Rip in lads.

Lest We Forget.

redv13

Bench
This is very simple...if the players cant get up for this match which is probably the most profile match of the year outside the GF then theyre all f**ked...i expect a very close 60 min game..the Roosetrs should cruise thereafter...BUT i am keeping a little side hope that the Roosters havent got a kicking 5/8 in Manu which means that we wont be pinned back too much in our teritorry as Keary is not a reknowned long kicker of the ball ...definitely has a great short kicking game but not long..
The roosters are clearly going to play us straight up the middle with their big forwards and big bench. Then after they soften us up there that’s where Manu and Tedesco will destroy us with their running game. Hate to say it but no Molo, no Su’a, no Ravalawa and a pretty ordinary bench and we’re in trouble big time unless the chooks have an off day. If the chooks are on we’re in strife in a big way

jodragon40

Juniors
For me the season was over when they resigned Hook before a ball was kicked .......
Agree been there done that albeit not at NRL level. Once you lose the dressing sheds you have 2 options. If you are determined to stay then you need to clean out those dissenters within your club and team or 2 you acknowledge that you have lost the sheds players aren't playing for you or each other and walk. But I can hand on heart say that any dissenting or disruption starts in the board room and filters down. Not only should Griffin not accepted the manner in which the board has taken in regards to his tenure but should have also had the ability to recruit and retain the necessary players. Unfortunately for our club there is no relationship between the players managers with either the board or the coach hence every decent tried experienced players giving us a wide berth.

Latest posts