What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Tigers

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think they will be resting for the sake of resting this early in the year. If someone has a niggle that could get worse, then yes they will rest.

Well I think we can conclude they are not looking at resting any of our main forwards any time soon given they have allowed Jack to go to the Warriors for an initial four weeks.

We must be confident Lenui, Ellis & Cartwright can fill the void in the short term even allowing for the fact there would be a bring back clause in Jack’s short term deal if we experienced injury issues.

I hope Spencer Lenui is the next in line to step up, he has amazing potential and is surely our equivalent of David Fifita or so when fully fit and firing.

Kilkenny

Coach
We lose some games. Then changes get made either way the current top 17 won’t play every game

We are in a position now where we don’t want to lose any games. We have done the hard yards, got ourselves into a good position and we need to consolidate our position.

I don’t take anything for granted in this competition. The minute you expect victories against lesser side then surely that is recipe for disaster.

Quality sides get the job done against the lesser sides, improve there for and against and move on to the next game.

We need to get the job done against the sides outside the top 8 and not take anything for granted.

The_Frog

First Grade
Yeo should be the next captain
Couldn't agree more, but Yeo is 25, he's probably got another 7 years in this side. It would have to be taken off him down the track regardless of how he performs in the role to make Nathan captain, unless they have multiple captains, Roosters style. This is how they got Cordner the NSW captaincy without having to dump Friend/Aubusson (it has long confused me this). I suspect there are those who see Nathan as a NSW captain in waiting.

WestyLife

First Grade
Couldn't agree more, but Yeo is 25, he's probably got another 7 years in this side. It would have to be taken off him down the track regardless of how he performs in the role to make Nathan captain, unless they have multiple captains, Roosters style. This is how they got Cordner the NSW captaincy without having to dump Friend/Aubusson (it has long confused me this). I suspect there are those who see Nathan as a NSW captain in waiting.

Good way to do it. Both will be leading the team in different capacities. I'd love to see Yeo as captain.

franklin2323

Immortal
No one rests fit players this early in the season. It’s effectively only week 6 coming up.

Roosters rested Josh Morris last week. There wouldn’t be a single player that hasn’t got a niggle. Allows them to rest up gives the fringe player game time before important games

WestyLife

First Grade
What happens if Hetherington goes out and and plays like a world beater? He seemed good earlier in the year. Do we get him back at the end of the load and play him? Dies it hurt Tamou's contract talk? Interesting situation.

soc123_au

Staff member
What happens if Hetherington goes out and and plays like a world beater? He seemed good earlier in the year. Do we get him back at the end of the load and play him? Dies it hurt Tamou's contract talk? Interesting situation.
I'd say he is being loaned as a low risk way of answering these questions.

franklin2323

Immortal
You might be right, I was just going off what killkenny said.

If it doesn’t return then the teams need to organise some trial games.

I know a few guys that play for St Marys.

They are no more. 8 team comp combined Shield and Massey clubs with Cessnock, Maitland and a Wollongong team.

No Penrith A Grade comp either. will be training and the odd practice game with other clubs to get the guys fit

franklin2323

Immortal

Good questions to need answers too. Only way to find them is to play the guys

Kilkenny

Coach
I know a few guys that play for St Marys.

They are no more. 8 team comp combined Shield and Massey clubs with Cessnock, Maitland and a Wollongong team.

No Penrith A Grade comp either. will be training and the odd practice game with other clubs to get the guys fit

I have a relative who was contracted to Wentworthville Magpies for this season, he has chosen to retire ahead of the proposed restart. He is 28 years old and just decided that he has to move on and has taken a full time job opportunity away from the game. It is what it is.

Kilkenny

Coach
Probably doesn’t mean as much to us, but this is a big game for the West Tigers given the unpleasant circumstances around Ivan leaving there club and the whole getting on the bus thing. There is a lot of hatred there given his departure from there club so they are really going to be up for it even if it was 18 months ago now. The West Tigers are a dangerous side on the day, even if no one really knows when they are on or not. If we play at our very best I’m confident we have them covered but if not at our 100% best then I wouldn’t put it past them to get the job done on us. Another really dangerous game, given we should win, but I take nothing for granted.

Latest posts