What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Bulldogs

jodragon40

Juniors
Me either, stat's wish Mbye makes 20.5 tackles per game and misses 3.17 Liddle makes 24.1 and misses 2. So defensive stat's indicates Mbye is a greater liability. In attack Mbye makes 3.71 runs a games and makes 30m on avg. Liddle makes 5.57 runs a game and avg 59m playing so far less minutes. So based on those stat's I have no idea why Mbye starts and if starts why he plays more minutes. Another coaching mystery

Me either, stat's wish Mbye makes 20.5 tackles per game and misses 3.17 Liddle makes 24.1 and misses 2. So defensive stat's indicates Mbye is a greater liability. In attack Mbye makes 3.71 runs a games and makes 30m on avg. Liddle makes 5.57 runs a game and avg 59m playing so far less minutes. So based on those stat's I have no idea why Mbye starts and if starts why he plays more minutes. Another coaching mystery
No mystery

Hook recruits Mbye and plays him whether it helps the team or not.

Stubborn as a Mule

Crush

Coach
I think this game will define our season, it’s a fork in the road, we can go north or south.
We’ve lost our last three games but played passages of decent footy. If we can play 80 mins and smash the dogs by 30, we may just go up to Brisbane and beat the tigers. Then the pressure is off a bit.
A loss to dogs however and that’s 4 losses in a row, I think the wheels will fall off and the spoon is on the cards.

justadragon

Bench
I think this game will define our season, it’s a fork in the road, we can go north or south.
We’ve lost our last three games but played passages of decent footy. If we can play 80 mins and smash the dogs by 30, we may just go up to Brisbane and beat the tigers. Then the pressure is off a bit.
A loss to dogs however and that’s 4 losses in a row, I think the wheels will fall off and the spoon is on the cards.
I dont think with the weather that 30 points is on the cards but any sort of win will do.

Dea

Juniors
No matter the weather the team needs to win this game if they are to be taken seriously. No excuses. No “we could of…”. A loss on the weekend would be sending us to the spoon and confirming our laughing stock status

Illusion

Bench
No matter the weather the team needs to win this game if they are to be taken seriously. No excuses. No “we could of…”. A loss on the weekend would be sending us to the spoon and confirming our laughing stock status
Well spoon here we come ...... These games are the ones that they suppose to win , and we know what usually happens ..... Lets hope history doesn't repeat ..... Hook said in his presser , that when they win , there will be lots of wins after that ......

Slippery Morris

First Grade
This game could go any way as I cannot put a read on Saints. They were poor the 1st half against the Chooks and came to life when the Chooks were 20 in front. The score did not really show a true reflection as the Saints only had a 20 minute period in the second half thanks to Sloan. The forwards made hardly any yardage which won't be good if it happens in this game as the Dogs will be kicking alot down field of Burton's boot. Pangai Junior will be a handful. Max King pulled out injured and Andrew Davey signed for Parra but starts with them next week so it will be his last game. Dogs are really running out of troops big time in the forwards.

Dogs gave Sharks much more of a fight than what the Saints did when they played them and the Dogs were depleted which is scary. The Dogs are playing with more heart. Reynolds always has a blinder against Saints and I was hoping Flanno would play and not him. If there is ever a game you want Liddle to start it would be this one.

Saints attack is very predictable and easy to defend against so I am not thinking Saints if they win, will win by much.

Lucky the Cowboys got flogged last night because if Saints lose to the Dogs they could have been 2nd last on Monday.

TheRev

Coach
Cmon down Burton.

I’d hate to be Sloane on Sunday.
This is still the part that worries me with Sloane, he is actively avoiding taking 'contested' bombs at the moment.. which I understand because if he is catching them at a 60% rate for example, sometimes ur better off letting the ball bounce and avoiding giving them a new set on your line.

But eventually he has to get better at it.. if he has one of those games where he drops 3 bombs, it'll undo all his confidence gained in attack... oppositions will test him too, starting with Burton no doubt... but tbh.. Burton almost gives you double the reason not to try and catch it.. I remember qld last year didnt even bother trying.... but it shows you how immensely valuable those fullbacks are that will just jump and catch everything..

Then happy days we get to play the Tigers into form
I feel like a lot depends on how we turn up for this dogs game first.. totally not sure what to expect..

Maddragon99

Juniors
Dragons team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Max Feagai 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Michael Molo 9. Moses Mbye 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 12. Jack Bird 13. Jack de Belin 14. Jacob Liddle 15. Jaiyden Hunt 16. Toby Couchman 17. Josh Kerr 18. Zane Musgrove 19. Jayden Sullivan 20. Billy Burns 21. Viliami Fifita 22. Sione Finau

Analysis: Anzac Day hat-trick hero Tautua Moga (shoulder) has been replaced by Max Feagai who will play on the opposite wing to his twin brother Mathew. That’s the only change to their brave performance against the Roosters as Michael Molo starts at prop after being a late addition to the pack on game day.
We could win by 20+ or easily lose by 20+ but another loss will surely be the final nail in Griffin’s coffin.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Just crossed into your thread Dragons fans to ask if the game is sold out or if ticketmaster is malfunctioning?

Edit: just ticketmaster malfunctioning, all games on there are out for some reason.

Was curious as I went to the Dragons-Dolphins game and that was a good crowd (16,000)

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
The dogs are decimated atm. I don’t care how shit we are, we lose to them on Sunday at the gong and Hook can f**k right off by 9am Monday morning
Well mate if history repeats it's self , then , Hook better be wearing some protection if he is going to do what you want him to do on Monday morning ......:):)

Phantom V

Juniors
I think we will win by 20+ points.

we have been fighting hard in the last 3 games just couldn't execute and lost focus at important times in the game. Our comeback yesterday was pleasing - even if we didn't play well.

I think we will have a much stronger performance this Sunday and the game will be largely over by half time.

From Yesterday's game, I was against Michael Molo yet he was aggressive impacted the Rooster forwards - particularly in his first stint. Another to surprise me was Moga.

Also I can't see how Tui-Losa is not getting a go off the reserves bench.

Oh yeah, and Sullivan for Mbye.
Agreed. Kerr out / Tui - Losa in!

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Cmon down Burton.

I’d hate to be Sloane on Sunday.
Yes- similar conditions to when he was dropped last year- and thanks to Hook's "man management", made it a whole lot worse. Hook seems to be a little more enlightened towards Sloan since that shameful period but if Sloan's carrying any PTSD, this is the occasion that will bring it out.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Interesting article on Fox Sports online site re Hook's poor relationship with Ciraldo from their Penrith days. Makes sense to me given Hook's continual stubborn selection of non-contributing players (Norman, McCullough, Amone, Mbye etc). The article claims that old school, inflexible Hook was jealous of the successful and "new age" up and coming assistant Ciraldo who had better rapport with the team and Hook ignored his advice. Ciraldo then tried on multiple occasions to leave only to be talked out of it by Gould- who in the end sacked Hook anyway.