What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Bulldogs

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragons team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Max Feagai 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Michael Molo 9. Moses Mbye 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 12. Jack Bird 13. Jack de Belin 14. Jacob Liddle 15. Jaiyden Hunt 16. Toby Couchman 17. Josh Kerr 18. Zane Musgrove 19. Jayden Sullivan 20. Billy Burns 21. Viliami Fifita 22. Sione Finau

Analysis: Anzac Day hat-trick hero Tautua Moga (shoulder) has been replaced by Max Feagai who will play on the opposite wing to his twin brother Mathew. That’s the only change to their brave performance against the Roosters as Michael Molo starts at prop after being a late addition to the pack on game day.

jeffdragon

Bench
It's going to be a wet ground for this game.
We never perform well after Anzac Day
We will be flat.
Dogs get a 8 day turn atound we get 5
Stotm get a rest chooks play warriors so a 5 day break for both.
We drew the short straw.
Whoever programs info for the draw to come out is a f**king moron.
We are always get short changed.
Unlike Broncs who get a luxurious draw.
Bulldogs will probably bt us by 2.

Last edited:

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
I think we will win by 20+ points.

we have been fighting hard in the last 3 games just couldn't execute and lost focus at important times in the game. Our comeback yesterday was pleasing - even if we didn't play well.

I think we will have a much stronger performance this Sunday and the game will be largely over by half time.

From Yesterday's game, I was against Michael Molo yet he was aggressive impacted the Rooster forwards - particularly in his first stint. Another to surprise me was Moga.

Also I can't see how Tui-Losa is not getting a go off the reserves bench.

Oh yeah, and Sullivan for Mbye.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Each week that goes by I hate hook more
There is hardly any chance of us making the finals and everyone knows that so why not does he not show any dash with his selection. We got a glimpse of what Amone Sloan and some of the younger brigade can do so why not add in Sullivan so the combinations can take form
Dead man walking

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Each week bud isn't in the team, I get more and more pissed off. Even moreso, it's just the way the poor kid's been treated. Being singled out in press conferences (Ben Hunt, Bird, Mbye have done so much worse shit for being experienced first graders) in games where he's actually been pretty decent and made ONE silly error, to being excluded and just left in reserve grade where he dominates.

Contrastingly, Amone, who can't tackle despite his bigger size, runs sideways and does generally nothing, gets chosen after putting the club in jeopardy with his off-field antics, yet is always being praised by the coach and Hunt. Also, when Junior started back in reggies, he didn't perform not even nearly half as well as Bud does. You can tell that they play favourites with selection, but I don't think that needs to be said here more than it already does.

sammymills

Juniors
Each week bud isn't in the team, I get more and more pissed off. Even moreso, it's just the way the poor kid's been treated. Being singled out in press conferences (Ben Hunt, Bird, Mbye have done so much worse shit for being experienced first graders) in games where he's actually been pretty decent and made ONE silly error, to being excluded and just left in reserve grade where he dominates.

Contrastingly, Amone, who can't tackle despite his bigger size, runs sideways and does generally nothing, gets chosen after putting the club in jeopardy with his off-field antics, yet is always being praised by the coach and Hunt. Also, when Junior started back in reggies, he didn't perform not even nearly half as well as Bud does. You can tell that they play favourites with selection, but I don't think that needs to be said here more than it already does.
When I thought amone was going to be out for a long stint I was actually happy because it meant Sullivan would get a decent crack

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Bloody Mbye to start again and no Bud, what the hell?!! Mbye to play the 60 minutes again and Liddle to come on when it's too late?

Good to see Max F in the starting team.
Yes-Amone seems to be the new Corey Norman.- the golden child who (in Hook's mind) can do no wrong. He wasn't sighted off Nobby's for the first 60 minutes against the Chooks.

How many more games are we going to lose on goalkicking alone before the penny drops for Hook that Lomax has lost confidence, needs major help with his goalkicking and, for the time being at least, just isn't the answer. Sullivan has a good economical kicking style where not much can go wrong. He has been a consistently high percentage goal kicker for some time. Oh- and he's playing better than Amone as well.

RedVDave

First Grade
We always play rubbish after ANZAC day, Dogs always lift against us.

I really really really want us to win this one I just can't see it happening.

I think we will get beat next week as well if I'm right they'll punt Griffin. After a loss to Tigpies, I really want to be wrong in this case although I don't want Hook coaching us next year I really don't want him to get sacked halfway through this one, as if Ryan Carr takes over we will be like what the Tigpies were under Kimmorley last year....maybe even worse.

Long story short FIRE UP BOYS!!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Hook isn't prepared to do things that could give him a chance of staying on as the coach. Most of us can see that the Dragons can be better. It is up to Hook to identify his and the players shortcomings and try several things differently. He is not a risk taker and it is those risk takers that have a penchant to success.

Start with Liddle; put Amone on the bench in place of Mbye; play Sullivan at half and Hunt at 6 (even the Roosters have changed their halves around); make sure Lomax practises his goal kicking from sunrise to sunset. (I read somewhere a fair while back that Lomax used to get to the training field before anyone else and the last to leave - I don't think he does this now).

Hook is his own worst enemy in my opinion. The silly bastard.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Tough match, not sure why we are favourites. The sides look even on paper, but we are coming off a hard game with only a five day turn around. Our defence is rubbish, our fitness is suspect, our goal-kicker has lost form, we have Mbye at dummy half, Hunt as our captain and Hook is our coach.

Dragons by 8.